Patch Discussion 7.47

Patch Notes: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073

Keep it here and keep it civil, please.

If you have suggestions that are not related to the upcoming patch, make a thread about it here.

If you have problems after downloading the patch make sure to first try verifying your cache.

1: Open your steam library
2: Right click Dungeon Defenders (http://i.imgur.com/UyPCa.jpg)
3: Click properties (http://i.imgur.com/JvLz2.jpg)
4: Click local files (http://i.imgur.com/TO5wC.png)
5: Click verify integrity of game cache (http://i.imgur.com/IZDGD.png)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much dark energy on the new holiday map. There are a lot of places I can't build that I should be able to.

New campaign map is impossible. 1.7b health on the anti-heroes, 1b on the snowmen. Tried this with Nekro, FuZiion and Sneeze so we are not badly geared. Pl0x fix.

does anyone have any clue as to what the coal does? i have a small one that i got from hard. all i know is that the small ones are mana worth 100 and show up as large white dots on the tavern floor. judging by small, i'm assuming that higher difficulties drop maybe medium and large or humongous coals, and i'm almost thinking that this is a mega-chicken like deal. and i'm also wondering if the coals are only made out to be rewards on the new map, or can they drop randomly just like the hum eggs did?

this with the added slots might indicate there to be something for collecting them...

does anyone have any clue as to what the coal does? i have a small one that i got from hard. all i know is that the small ones are mana worth 100 and show up as large white dots on the tavern floor. judging by small, i'm assuming that higher difficulties drop maybe medium and large or humongous coals, and i'm almost thinking that this is a mega-chicken like deal. and i'm also wondering if the coals are only made out to be rewards on the new map, or can they drop randomly just like the hum eggs did?

Really curious if you tested this map on NM... It's barely possible to build it with 2 active builders building through combat phases. BARELY. I'd really appreciate the build timer being increased between waves.

Really curious if you tested this map on NM... It's barely possible to build it with 2 active builders building through combat phases. BARELY. I'd really appreciate the build timer being increased between waves.

I think there time seems to have gone into the challenge, which btw feels very doable (still tweaking, but a 2 man team nearly beat W8. The other two were afk and dead respectively). Holding down djinn, ogres, choppers, sharken, and wyvs so far. Once we tweak it to stop DEWs, lookout that boss ;)

Waiting for a build timer increase patch. If Trendy wants to make me play with people more, I'd like to see actual mechanisms that reward and faciliate cooperation, not excessively large map sizes and unreasonable build times. That kind of approach will throw people off rather than encourage them, as seen in the Greater Turkey Hunt map.

Waiting for a build timer increase patch. If Trendy wants to make me play with people more, I'd like to see actual mechanisms that reward and faciliate cooperation, not excessively large map sizes and unreasonable build times. That kind of approach will throw people off rather than encourage them, as seen in the Greater Turkey Hunt map.

What map or maps are looking for the build timer to be increased on?

Winter Wonderland, please
This!

My current build I could not do without a 2nd player building with me. Minions summon waaaay too slow in wave and not enough time if I wait till build phase to make them (plus if my EV dies in combat before builds all, then I'm screwed).

Yeah, while I love the map otherwise, there's hardly enough time after the first combat phase to really build anything in Winter Wonderland. The first, 140 second build phase is just enough to lay down a bare bones defense, but the phases after that are simply not enough to reinforce it - 55 seconds are barely enough to make a round of the map with a single builder, and without beams there is no chance of surviving the ogres and copters during the second wave.

I'd like either at least twice as much time inbetween combat phases, or enough mana and time to build the core of the defense in the first build phase (like in Akatiti).

Also, I'd like to know whether the Coal items are going to remain in the map forever or they are a temporary reward that will become unobtainable later.

I think there time seems to have gone into the challenge, which btw feels very doable (still tweaking, but a 2 man team nearly beat W8. The other two were afk and dead respectively). Holding down djinn, ogres, choppers, sharken, and wyvs so far. Once we tweak it to stop DEWs, lookout that boss ;)

Alright, just got to the boss's for the second time.

First time, didnt know where crystal was --> died in about 5 secs flat.
SECOND time, had a decent defence ready and waiting. Guess what, one of the bosses has enough damage to take out buffed 2.5k HP harps in 2-3 swings. Not to mention some extreme knockback.

Currently, there are 5 people who've finished this on NM, all solo(if any of those aren't hackers, I'll be extremely surprised). The challenge is well put together, feels much more sane than Xmas 1 right up until the bosses. Once the bosses arrive, you're stuffed. This is with 4 players with 4k+ stats who just spent many hours getting the actual gameplay right (ie. we know what we're doing). I pity anyone who isn't at our level who thought they could do it b/c they made it through the waves.

EDIT

Note this is for the challenge. The challenge where your defences disappear prior to boss's appearing and so you need atleast 1 builder, more likely 2. This sort of boss might be doable in camp with a pre-set defence and 4 focused DPS, but in a challenge with a max of two and brand new defences it just doesnt fit.

Unless someone can prove otherwise, Aka rewards were nerfed with the patch. I just finished the third run of pure 53 mana godlies and mythical crap, yes, even the acc.

Unless someone can prove otherwise, Aka rewards were nerfed with the patch. I just finished the third run of pure 53 mana godlies and mythical crap, yes, even the acc.
I think its since the ninja patch. I got multiple awesome weapon and acc rewards before. Since the ninja patch I keep getting 5m worth myth obsidian weapons and cursed accs on NMHC.

Meanwhile other players of mah party get up to Ult+ rewards -.-

Okay, just figured out problem. Build phase 1 is long enough and build phase 2 is long enough IF you build in combat phase... but you need someone to bring you mana in combat and 2nd build phase. Impossible to get all the mana and build during first combat phase. Oh also, if ANY of your towers die in a wave, you don't have enough time to swap builders to replace it and then build what you planned on building.

On winter wonderland.