[PC] Best Controller for Splitscreen?

Hey there,
After I recently snapped my left trigger while getting too intense in a racing game, I now need another. I would love to know what most people are using for their controllers and if it's wireless, etc.
Thanks for the input!
Towlie

I'm using a Logitech F310. Pretty sturdy. I broke one due to Super Meat Boy (226 hours of it), but my current one I've had a year and it's survived multiple drops, kicked, and general usage.

If you're using a controller to play with a friend, I can't really help you, sorry :/

But if you're just using it for AFK characters, there's a program you can use to simulate controllers... I believe it's in the guides section of the forums.

I use an Xbox 360 controller, as I'll assume most DD controller players do. I've had thousands upon thousands of hours of experience with them, between 360 and Steam combined, and never had one wear out or malfunction on me. They are the best game console controllers ever made, as far as I'm concerned. I say this in terms of comfort, button and stick placement, functionality, and the like. If you're using a modern version of Windows, your computer will natively support them (although even on Win7, getting the free software suite from Microsoft's site is a good idea.)

To use a wireless 360 controller on your PC, you'll need an adapter. Microsoft doesn't sell them alone anymore, but there are some 3rd party companies that produce them now. The corded (USB) versions of the official 360 controllers can be had for as little as $20 brand-new. The wireless ones, even including the "PC" branded version that comes bundled with the adapter, can be had for as low as $40 brand-new. Razer, the well-known gamer-centric PC peripheral company, also makes their own versions of the 360 controller (called the Onza.) Those can be had for $40-$50, depending on which version you get.

I'm using a Logitech F310. Pretty sturdy. I broke one due to Super Meat Boy (226 hours of it), but my current one I've had a year and it's survived multiple drops, kicked, and general usage.

Hmm, I heard it was pretty much only Xbox controllers that worked. This is nice to know! I'll be looking more into these controllers then, thanks

The wireless ones, even including the "PC" branded version that comes bundled with the adapter, can be had for as low as $40 brand-new.

Yeah my last one had a cord and drove me nuts! I'll look into this as well

Thanks guys, appreciatte the input :) I'll see which is cheaper and if I should spend the extra on the wireless