Sign in to follow this  
/4n!114 ][c3

mana despawn time/floor limit

can one or both of these be increased please?

with the spawn rate of enemies that is becoming commonplace now, it is not uncommon for mana to despawn as soon as it is dropped from an enemy, making it extremely difficult to accrue any amount without using a genie pet. its really disheartening to be face-to-face with an ogre, watch a big blue gem drop, and then have it despawn the second it touches your character.

Yeah, the mana disappearing act is really getting annoying. Played many maps where I'm touching 2 ogres as they die and I don't get the mana cube from either one.

From what I recall, the limits are there because every single mana crystal on the map is a physics object and having too many of them at once could drastically reduce the performance.

What could be done though and I would love to see it happen:

Currently, whenever a mana crystal is dropped, it is given a physical "push" in a random direction to simulate a "fountain" effect, and only after a small delay will it start "chasing" the nearest player. And even in "chase" mode, it takes a while for the crystals to build up enough speed to catch up with fast-moving characters such as Initiate, Adept or Jester, which means your chance of losing the mana is very high if you stay on the move.

So reduce the time crystals spend flying in a random direction as a "fountain," and reduce their inertia and increase their acceleration while they are chasing the player - then we should see non-genie heroes get much more mana on average than they do right now.

Another suggestion: Give the big (ogre) crystals absolute priority over smaller crystal types so that they are always the last thing despawning.

Along with the above, I'd also like to see mana travel time increased. Atleast that looted from chests, as often running at maximum speed, trick hopping along chests leaves the mana sat behind you; thus atleast increased velocity of mana released from chests.

I always have the issue of, I'll stand still and or even run into the mana and it'll just dance around me for like 30 seconds then disappearing right as it was FINALLY about to hit me.

Is that still a problem 8(.. sigh i havent played the game in almost a year hoped they would have fixed that by now..

atleast have the bigger gems last longer (much like items) high value gems stick around while the little ones disappear is something i would have loved to have seen a long long time ago.. Its the little things like that this game really needs fixing

Real surprised they havent' fix this issue either. A good solution would be to make the smaller mana coalesce into the bigger ones over time.

The issue I find with mana crystals is in Nightmare maps & in Survival MM, the spiders and thier weenie-sized mana crystals cause all the larger, more useful crystals to vanish. So instead of having a bunch of 50s laying about after a rush of DEWs, you end up with a sea of 1s or 2s or 5s or whatever, especially as the spider push comes often near the tail end of a wave.

It's fairly annoying and forces me to keep my genie on longer just to deal with things, which gimps any towers I have out if I am trying to get xp on a tower character.

So the crystals themselves dont have a priority, they despawn purely based on number of crystals out.

I also experience the "crystal vanish as it floats around and Im waiting for it to be taken by my toon" as others have mentioned.
Also they do some goofy weird fly-in around the toon, and they usually get deleted during combat wave as they do thier little fly-about around my toon, so I still dont get the mana.

Make mana despawn by the size of the mana crystal *first* rather than its age and a lot of problems will solve themselves almost by default.

Of course there's been a long time push to have mana crystals automatically pool into larger crystals too (and it would be nice if larger crystals would also *break apart* when it exceeds the collecting character's mana capacity). However this particular change is far less likely to occur than *smart* mana crystal removal.

There are tons of suggestion but Trendy hasn't said anything about it, that I know of.

Another idea is to increase the "mana grab" on the Heroes, based on Hero speed? that way a 500 hero speed can get mana easier than 100 hero speed. Thats another way because MANY time, mana rolls towards me and despawn before I get it.