Sign in to follow this  
katz10089

20 Killed at School

I just saw it on the news, poor kids and parents. :'(

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, a gunman went to a school and killed his mom (a teacher) 20 kindergarteners, 8 adults (Including the principle) and injured the Vice Principle.

What was your reaction to this horrible thing?

My thoughts and prayers goes out to the families of this tragedy which should have never happened in the first place.

25% Gunman's fault for doing what he did and there will be a very special place for him in the afterlife (not the good type of special place).

75% American Governments fault for having the worst security I have ever seen in my entire life. Seriously, you know how easy it is for anyone to go into a place and just shoot it up like the 4th of July. How many more innocent people are going to have to die for our government to actually start having better sercurity to stop things like this from happening? its not like something like this has never happened before. I guess it shows how much our government really cares about our safety and us as people. Seeing something like this just makes me sick to my stomach.

He also killed himself coward!!!!! I feel so bad for the parents and the kids who died and then for the kids that lived and saw scared for life:(

I live about an hour away from where this happened. Nothing of this magnitude has happened in Connecticut in a very long time...

It's really depressing. Like Dredd said schools need to start having actual security. When I was in elementary, we had none. Middle school, had none also. I had 1 security guard when I was in high school, but he was like 80 years old. This also makes me worry about when my niece and nephew start going to elementary. These kids had no concept of what was going on which just makes it even more depressing.

I just don't understand what compels people to do things like this. Crazies.

Amurica! and that's why Canada wont allow every idiot to own a gun. Deeply saddened by this news but letting every single person idiot or not to have a gun is just plain stupid of the american government.

Amurica! and that's why Canada wont allow every idiot to own a gun. Deeply saddened by this news but letting every single person idiot or not to have a gun is just plain stupid of the american government.

I do agree gun control should be stricter, but it's not going to stop this kind of thing indefinitely. It would reduce the frequency to some degree which is a great thing, but the real psychos would only be slowed. There's always a way to work around things, but most people seem to think stricter gun control is gonna solve literally all shootings. Not saying you're saying that, but most people I've heard from about this are really stubborn thinking that is the 100% flawless solution to the problem when it's not as simple as that.

Hopefully gun control gets stricter here though. It is pretty absurd as it is.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to the families of this tragedy which should have never happened in the first place.

25% Gunman's fault for doing what he did and there will be a very special place for him in the afterlife (not the good type of special place).

75% American Governments fault for having the worst security I have ever seen in my entire life. Seriously, you know how easy it is for anyone to go into a place and just shoot it up like the 4th of July. How many more innocent people are going to have to die for our government to actually start having better sercurity to stop things like this from happening? its not like something like this has never happened before. I guess it shows how much our government really cares about our safety and us as people. Seeing something like this just makes me sick to my stomach.

100% Agree with this.

I'll be honest, I'd like to know what this mother did in order to have her son kill her like that and then kill a whole bunch of kindergarten kids.

What would possess a 20 something year old to do something so horrific that I still can't wrap my head around it? On top of that why didn't anyone notice something wrong with this kid for over 20 years? I mean, in over 20 years, there should have been some indication that this kid wasn't "right in the head".

I am deeply saddened by this and it infuriates me that this nutjob shot himself when he was done. Such a coward. I totally want to just spit on his grave.

I pray for those families. I have no idea how they could handle this. I can't even get myself to think of this possibly happening to my 4 year old daughter. I think I would snap.

When you get the chance, let's all have a moment of silence for those who died in Connecticut tragedy, and for those families that are affected.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

the only way to stop stuff like this from happening is to restrict out freedom to an unbearable extent no one is ever gunna want that ( including myself ) just think what itd be like having government controlling your life ... it'd suck

not saying that this guy wasnt a twisted mother F***er either and it is truly saddening that his problems in life lead him down the road to muder and suicide costing many innocent lives in the process

the only way to stop stuff like this from happening is to restrict out freedom to an unbearable extent no one is ever gunna want that ( including myself ) just think what itd be like having government controlling your life ... it'd suck

not saying that this guy wasnt a twisted mother F***er either and it is truly saddening that his problems in life lead him down the road to muder and suicide costing many innocent lives in the process

I am talking about better security in public places so people like this Scumbag cannot just run up in there and go Rambo style on everyone. The problem is that our government does not truly care about our safety because if they did then this tragedy would have never happened and he would have been stopped before he got any further into the building (some people would have died but not even close to this magnitude). Things need to change for the better and I consider our government to be no better then this scumbag who killed innocent children and people. This guy obiviously had some major problems and no one cared about it because if they did then he would have never did what he did. The fact is that this Scumbag is not the only one to blame for this unnecessary Tragedy that happened today.

I am talking about better security in public places so people like this Scumbag cannot just run up in there and go Rambo style on everyone. The problem is that our government does not truly care about our safety because if they did then this tragedy would have never happened and he would have been stopped before he got any further into the building (some people would have died but not even close to this magnitude). Things need to change for the better and I consider our government to be no better then this scumbag who killed innocent children and people. This guy obiviously had some major problems and no one cared about it because if they did then he would have never did what he did. The fact is that this Scumbag is not the only one to blame for this unnecessary Tragedy that happened today.

I have to agree with Dredd there needs to be more protection at schools and lock crazy people away!

This is 100% the gunmans fault! What does our government have to do with any of this? If you want to blame anything else, then blame society. Bigger government isn't the solution. Conscientious citezens with a healthy respect for reality is all anyone can hope for.

You don't know what your talking about!

you're*

and i'm pretty sure a small amount of blame can be put on the country for not having any good form of gun control

Thankyou*

Once again the country/government can't be blamed for someone else's selfish act. I guess it just seems easy to say stricter gun laws or gun control. When its really a lot more complicated than that.

I don't see this thread going anywhere productive.

Stricter gun laws only make it harder for those who do the right thing. The Australian government made changes after the Port Arthur massacre, and all it did was make the honest people turn in their weapons.

The solution isn't a security guard on every corner, the fact you guys have metal detectors and guards at most schools tells you instantly that the culture is just wrong.

Such a tragedy that has happened, call your loved ones, tell them you love them. Life is too short.

I don't see this thread going anywhere productive.

Stricter gun laws only make it harder for those who do the right thing. The Australian government made changes after the Port Arthur massacre, and all it did was make the honest people turn in their weapons.

Completely agree

The solution isn't a security guard on every corner,

Agree

the fact you guys have metal detectors and guards at most schools tells you instantly that the culture is just wrong.

Disagree.
The majority of U.S. schools do not have metal detectors and I hope you are not judging our culture as wrong.

Seen from France:

A better control of who can owns weapon would make these events more rare, but they would still happen.
That kind of **** can happen anywhere, have happened everywhere and will happen again.
There was one in Norway last year, and we got one every couple of years in France.
If there was a simple solution, someone who have found it.

No, forbidding any kind of weapons is not simple. Gangsters will still have weapons, and the police will still need them.
No, locking away any potential madman is not simple. Actually, anyone can turn mad any time. You can't lock everyone.

There are things that can be done, but nothing is good enough. Reality sucks.

Completely agree

Agree

Disagree.
The majority of U.S. schools do not have metal detectors and I hope you are not judging our culture as wrong.

I'll judge it how I like, as an educated onlooker.

The fact that ANY school has metal detectors and guards is just plain ridiculous.

That doesn't happen anywhere else that I'm aware of.

Seen from France:

A better control of who can owns weapon would make these events more rare, but they would still happen.
That kind of **** can happen anywhere, have happened everywhere and will happen again.
There was one in Norway last year, and we got one every couple of years in France.
If there was a simple solution, someone who have found it.

No, forbidding any kind of weapons is not simple. Gangsters will still have weapons, and the police will still need them.
No, locking away any potential madman is not simple. Actually, anyone can turn mad any time. You can't lock everyone.

There are things that can be done, but nothing is good enough. Reality sucks.

The US is becoming a place where it happens every few weeks or months. people rarely care any longer unless it is a bunch of 5 year olds. Gotta do something at some point or you risk becoming like Africa.

Just to keep everyone updated Obama recently made a speech and was crying while doing so. And from what I heard it isn't just kindergarteners being killed, the kids were all ages 5-10.

I'll judge it how I like, as an educated onlooker.

The fact that ANY school has metal detectors and guards is just plain ridiculous.

That doesn't happen anywhere else that I'm aware of.

I think your using educated onlooker loosely but hey! I'm sure other heavily populated countries have metal detectors in schools somewhere else in the world. It would be naive to assume its only America who employs these techniques.