Can someone explain me how the Akatiti weapons damage calculation works?

Because i've found an ultimate spear for my monk that outdamages my gamblers already despite having only 16k and something vs 54k damage displayed on the weapon stats. Do they get a higher hero dmg bonus or what?

No im talking about ranged.

The 16k obsidian something (forgot the name^^) is outdamaging the 54k gamblers and the diffrence on hero dmg between the 2 is about 150 so that cant be the reason.

These things must have crazy hero damage scaling over the regular weapons.

do you know how much extra projectiles obsidian gets

if it less then polearm that messed up if it does more damage lol

Same projectiles, only the firing pattern is diffrent. Gamblers fires flat 6 and the obsidian weapon fires double middle and the other 4 to the side.

On tavern dummy test it doesnt matter anyways at point blank range all the projectiles it. I'm doing 16 million with hero boost with the gamblers & close to 19 million with the obsidian wep.

hmm i see

now im tempted to use one for range lol

edit can someone from trendy tell us what the hell going on because i dont want to spend mana only for the weapon to be nerfed

was it intended to scale better in damage

No one got an idea whatsoever? Also could someone test if this is the same for the other weapons? I realy only play monk for DPS and dont have comparable Pawn Shots / Cryts / Steam Saws.

Someone showed me in Tavern that the "Barb" version of the weapon beat steam saw. Need a confirmation if these weapons scale better in damage than Sky City. I can imagine that since Sky City weapons beat Kings Campaign, it's possible these new weapons could be better than Sky City. Need more evidence though.

Mike.

I belive this is intentional because it seems all three obsidian weapons have the second highest DPS of their kind.

Think about it, Clava has slightly lower dmg per up than classics making it second highest dps staff.

Gladius has 170 dmg per up and icesword swing speed making it second highest consistent dps right before eternian greatsword.

Sparus has both melee and ranged scaling quite high but is still beaten by eternian spear.

I'd also like an official clarification as for why the damage of Sparus is so much higher than what the base damage suggests, and whether it is intentional or not. I could use a new ranged Monk weapon, but I wouldn't like it to end up like Retribution from Assault Pack.

Er no omnix, the obsidian monk weapon is waaaaaay better than kings game.

Ive got only 250 ups invested so far and the damage displayed on the weapon is only 18k but this thing is already outdamaging my fully uped 350^ (56k displayed) gamblers by several millions.

Sparuses must have a hero damage scaling that is of the hook, when i got this thing fully uped i guess it will do about 10 million more tavern dps than the gamblers i had before, and the sparus only goes to 302 (or 301 not sure atm) ups vs a 350 ups gamblers.

Yeah I love the power on these puppies!

Hopefully we do not see the nerf train come chugging through over and over again like the Retribution from the assault pack.

Trendy nerfed the Retribution VERY HARD and more than once.

I am hoping these NEVER get nerfed.

Just played around with the Sparus.

I have a 93k melee and a 25k ranged (+5 proj). The 93k melee with 5k attack and 2.5k hero boost and 200 cat nets just over 100mil tavern DPS. The 25k ranged with similar stats gets just shy of 80mil tavern DPS.

Going to go all out and say the Sparus is by far the best Monk weapon, especially given the fact that 400-500 stats on an ultimate are quite common, and that the ones I was using can be easily topped.

One thing I want to know is why the nerfed the physical size of the weapon.

so melee good to hmm

i think ill go range with the 383 up one i got because it size isnt to big about mid size spear and the base dam for melee didnt spawn crazy so might aswell go range

but that good news classic that melee scales crazy to
aim is to hope akakiti give me 10k base sparus for melee and decent size spear haha

so melee good to hmm

i think ill go range with the 383 up one i got because it size isnt to big about mid size spear and the base dam for melee didnt spawn crazy so might aswell go range

but that good news classic that melee scales crazy to
aim is to hope akakiti give me 10k base sparus for melee and decent size spear haha

10k?

You can get up to 15k melee base. Highest ranged base I have seen is 3.5k. ;)

10k?

You can get up to 15k melee base. Highest ranged base I have seen is 3.5k. ;)

up to 15 wow

highest i seen for range was 2.8k

my 383 up started with around 1800 i ended up getting 24521 with 1 upgrade left it does way more dps then gamblers lol

and my hero boost has also increased now 2.5k and hero stats these akakiti weps are crazy man

I believe the size got reduced to match the bound clip limits, as before that swings that should have shown connected damage didn't and you had to get closer to get the damage. Therefore the model wasn't exactly tied to the clip bound. But just a guess on my part.

Using a 342^ and have only upgraded it to ~18k dmg (100^s left) and it outdamages my 50k gamblers,

I did put it down to having 400 Hero Attack difference and having 1 more projectile?

Using a 342^ and have only upgraded it to ~18k dmg (100^s left) and it outdamages my 50k gamblers,

I did put it down to having 400 Hero Attack difference and having 1 more projectile?

If your clava has more projectiles than your gamblers you messed up upgrading the gamblers^^

And the 400 hero damage isnt that big of a deal realy, it usualy is all about the weapons damage and hero dmg is just a sweetener. Lets hope they upgrade the DDDK soon so we can look at the new stuff.

If your clava has more projectiles than your gamblers you messed up upgrading the gamblers^^

And the 400 hero damage isnt that big of a deal realy, it usualy is all about the weapons damage and hero dmg is just a sweetener. Lets hope they upgrade the DDDK soon so we can look at the new stuff.

Having played with it myself, my 62k (6 proj) Gamblers doesn't even touch my 22k (also 6 proj) Sparus. I'd say there is about an 80% increase.