Sign in to follow this  
pressdelight

Ultimate armor - HELP please!

So, I'm getting back into dd after a brief break. I found I had hit a wall and just wasn't finding any new gear that was better than what I had. Really like the new levels and have been able to get through tav def and sky city surv nmhc. Trans drops def seem to be better than what I used to get farming morrago or aquanos.

Still kinda frustrated though. I have done about 6 runs of sky city nmhc and found between 25-35 trans armor drops per run. (I'm only using a summoner so no weapon drops.)

Only 1 supreme armor piece dropped from all those runs, and not a single piece of the trans armor outdid what I already had for gear.... Most of my toons have low to mid 2k stats.

No ultimate armor dropped at all.

What is frustrating me is I'm seeing guys who are paypal selling ultimate sets that they guarantee delivery in usually 2 days. Sets that generate 3k+ stats across the board. I am not interested in selling gear for money, I just want to farm the bloody stuff so I can upgrade my guys.

I don't understand how this is even possible for these guys to farm so much ultimate armor. Are they hacking the gear or what? A full run of 30 waves of most of these maps takes 3-4 hours generally for me it seems. (The odd leak break in there) :)! I've got over 2500 hours into the game and been farming surv for a long time and only seen 2 supreme items let a lone ultimate armor, and most of my mythical gear is better than the trans stuff that I've farmed?!?!?!

I love this game, but it is defying logic to me... Are the odds really that low in getting ult. drops? Again I ask how the hell are some guys farming so much of it?

Please someone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong.

Cheers

Well, paypal shops are illegal, and most of those pieces are hacked. Ult has a very low chance of dropping. Also, if you're starting your survival runs from wave 1, you're doing something wrong.

Thanks for the feedback! I realize paypal shops are illegal, I was just reading through another thread that showed some of the item caps and it helps a lot to see that these guys are not getting their gear legit.

Cmon bro, you can't even start at wave 1, so obviously I'm not. I don't think anyone who has to start at the lowest wave possible would be able to get through 30 waves of surv, nmhc. Most maps I can handle from 14-18. On sky city I'm seeing some trans drops that odd time by wave 15 so I like to start around there. Also need a few waves to upgrade towers before the mob gets stiff.

This doesn't really answer my question. Have you ever found an ultimate item?

Telling me ult has a very low chance of dropping actually doesn't answer my question. Obviously ult is rare, or after 2500 hours I'd have seen some drop.

I'm hoping someone who farms armor or does more farming can tell me if ult will drop in nmhc surv maps?

What is the most common map to see ult armor drops?

Do they pop out of chests more often, or from a mob drop?

How many hours should I expect to play before I should see something drop?

So, please I don't need people dropping in telling me "it's rare".. I kinda know that.

Some details as to where they are dropping, by what wave, do they only drop on certain maps etc.

Thanks

Oh, if you're only making it to wave 18, you definitely aren't going to find ult. I'm almost 100% sure you have to make it past wave 20 for ult to drop. Ult is better out of chests, but I don't think as common, as there are less chests than mob drops. They can drop on aqua, sky and Kings game. Kings game is considered the best place to farm good gear. Also, hours played don't nessacrily reflect the chance of an ult dropping.

lol - as I said, I am starting at wave 14-18. That doesn't mean I stop there ;). I did say I've gotten all the way through the final (wave 30).

Good to know about Kings Game.

I realize that hours might not reflect ultimate drops if you are not playing the surv waves to their potential, but as I've stated I am playing survival up to wave 30 on nmhc.

In a percentage based drop system hours played will dictate how often an ultimate item will drop, and my assumption has always been that it is like other item find games (Diablo etc) where you have a 1% chance of seeing a legendary item..... The more hours you play the more likely you are to find an ultimate.

Again if anyone has found an ult piece of armor, how many hours do you have in? How many pieces have you found? What wave do you usually see them on?

Thanks again for the info Ghost.

If you want full potential, then pay nmhc + mm (mixed mode). You'll start seeing good armor drops around wave 22+. I think it's a few waves later for non-mm. Sky City, King's Game, and Tavern Defense are all top maps. If you only want armor, then do whichever one is fastest for you. But even if you do this, you'll have to face the harsh reality - sups and ults rarely drop and when they do, they are often worse than your high-end trans.

However, if you're only at low to mid 2k stats, then you'll progress just fine off high-end trans and leveling. For tower attack, if you have 975 stats points (level 100), 600 from pet kobold, and 600 off an ult weapon (like the special Sky City ones that drop quite often), you're already at 2k. You can get another 2k off trans armor. So just keep farming, and you'll get to 3k+ stats and beat everything in the game. Whatever few good sups/ults you get are just special prizes to reward you for continued play (and you can mix these with your trans).

Ohh, TD is the worst map for armor. You'd be lucky to find trans.

I find plenty of trans doing runs from 28-35. I got my only Ult+ there. The problem is that the waves take a long time and farming off ogres is not exactly the most efficient thing to do. A lot of good accessories drop though, which is kind of surprising.

I got a sick ultimate from aquos dropping on the ground (non-chest), I got an ultimate (not so sick) from the tavern keeper, I got an ultimate from moraggo in a chest (not a bad one either), and I got another ultimate from idk what map... either king's or aquos again. I got some good supreme from karathiki and the odd sup from shards/kings maps. Farming Ultimate is bloody hard, and getting really really good ones is even worse. Expect to play at least 10 games of survival and only see 1 ultimate. You can get more, but they are rare.

You can EASILY hit 3k stats on trans alone or a good myth/trans mix. I don't get why people think you need ultimate to have great stats. To break into 4k you'll either have to farm out the best trans possible or mix in some supreme/trans. King's game is amazing for trans armour, shards map is good for a wide variety of armour and weapons... Karathiki can sometimes have some very nice surprises, but I think it's too long to be a good farming map. Most maps start to drop reasonable items from 17-21 and good items 22-25 and then 26+ it usually goes to crap with a once in a while amazing drop after 3 waves of nothing :P. Final wave trolls me so hard! lol

Again, don't focus on Ultimate, just farm the good maps and if you get an ultimate, you get one yay!

Jealous of hacked items who go to players who cant play Sky without a builder to help them? Ok.

lol they dont get to excited about ulti armor there a high chance it will turn out bad
or not even be that great so annoying when everyone else finds perfect ones

If you want to get some better armor, play with Summoner only - all drops will be armor, which like triples your chance.

Also HC + MM is a must in case you don't.

lol they dont get to excited about ulti armor there a high chance it will turn out bad
or not even be that great so annoying when everyone else finds perfect ones

One of my best sets is 3x trans + 1 myth. With a trans weapon and npkob my aura monk has 2.5k flat stats + 3.5 damage (ie. 2.5-3.5-2.5-2.5) with nothing greater than lvl 78 required.

The name attached means very little ;), it just takes some people a little while to see it

Ohh, TD is the worst map for armor. You'd be lucky to find trans.

I just managed wave 7-35 (full run) the other day and had 50+ trans drop, 15+ supreme and 8 (one wave dropped 3) ultimate items drop. However I only barely made it and had 2 other dps with me, so couldn't go all summoner so every piece was a ****ty weapon (vendor thrash). Except from a single ult item in aquanos these have been the only ultimate items I've ever obtained from mob drops.

Edit: NM HC MM Surv

2 Ultimate's and 4 pieces of Supreme, all on Kings Game, 1100+ hours in the game. They do drop, but like most have said, be prepared for many runs before you find a piece. Also agree that really good trans can go a long way.

EDIT: Was on NMHC, non MM

My first successful (died end of wave 29 :() run in KG got me around 5 trans and 1 supreme per wave at the later waves. I also found an ultimate chestpiece here. Thats was NMHC non-MM.

Aquanos survival trolls me pretty often. Last run: 2 players + my controller afk, started at wave 17, got 2 (!!) ult weps from chests after that first wave, then only myths and a few really lousy trans all the way until the end. And we got 3 53-Mana-Seahorses as well.

Thanks everyone! Some great feedback there. Gonna keep slugging away here. I can see I can def get some better stats from a good weapon. I've been farming armor so long I haven't really maxed my weapon capability.

I've been selling a lot of trans armor from my afk tav shop, so I have billions upon billions of manna. Anyone have any high end weapons or armor they would like to sell, please add me on steam and let me know....

ID : Skalderson

Again, much appreciate the comments. Except for Sonos - hmmmm? Dude read my comments before posting. I'm building my own maps and doing very well. I'm just trying to get a grip on farming ult armor and increasing my stats. That's all :)! From the looks of it good trans will take me a lot high than I realized.

Cheers

One thing I'll throw in: Instead of looking for individual armor upgrades, try building whole new sets from the big pile of trans you end up with at the end of the run, or after a couple runs. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you can come up with :)

Also: Armor-wise, I've only found three supremes and two ults, and only one of those I would consider worthy of the label. Heck, one of the sups had good hero stats but no fire resist. Hasn't really bothered me once I realized how far I could go with just trans (and myths even).

i have farmed many times using summoner only

and yeah most of my tower heros are running trans armor

ultimate armor is a joke most of the time

or it just rng since trans drop alot more there alot more chance for rng to rollover something nice compared to ultimate which rarely drops and it when does got be real lucky for rng to go your way

Had Ult from wave 14 Misty (Running solo App), also, if your only at mid 2k stats you should be finding plenty on Aqua (got to around 3.2k from aqua gear) rest from KG (am around 4k on all builders now), also dont forget getting them Kobolds from Insane TD Surv.

Im also not wearing any Sup/Ult on my builders yet (not lvl enough for the 1 useable Ult Armour I do have - near 1200 hours) and only 1 Sup on a DPS Toon, high end trans is enough to complete anything in the game, Sup/Ult are just a bonus.

I had to level all my builders for their stupid ultimate tower weapons :P some were even ult 93... but thankfully 600 stats are a killer wicked thing to have on a weapon :) I have 2 trans tower weapons, but they cap at 420 :P

One of my best sets is 3x trans + 1 myth. With a trans weapon and npkob my aura monk has 2.5k flat stats + 3.5 damage (ie. 2.5-3.5-2.5-2.5) with nothing greater than lvl 78 required.

The name attached means very little ;), it just takes some people a little while to see it

Indeed. The item dropped is as it is. The quality label is an indication of the quality value (i.e. sum of characteristic values an item has - with not all values given equal weighting). A perfect armor drop; if such a thing ever exists, of max four resists and max eight stats would be labeled an ult100 today... last spring it was labeled a trans. Of course the set bonus, added ups, and higher stat upgrade cap is a bit of icing.

For me or my fellow defenders in runs I've made; misty, aquanos, sky, and kings are where I've seen ult armor drops. 6 pieces total in 1.2k hours. 2 of which I tavern sold due to my lack of creativity in figuring out how to make them useful. And I'm not amoral enough to harm others with those two pieces, so away they went. 2 beauties went to friends, and I've kept 2 (1 of those I can't wear yet). But in all fairness I can't count my total hours against ult farming since they weren't out yet when I played over half my time.

I just managed wave 7-35 (full run) the other day and had 50+ trans drop, 15+ supreme and 8 (one wave dropped 3) ultimate items drop. However I only barely made it and had 2 other dps with me, so couldn't go all summoner so every piece was a ****ty weapon (vendor thrash). Except from a single ult item in aquanos these have been the only ultimate items I've ever obtained from mob drops.

Edit: NM HC MM Surv

NM HC MM Surv again, this time solo as summoner. Got like 5 trans drops and non higher. I guess it's just weapons that it drop tons of there.

I got my first ult from Aquanos nmhc surv wave 23. I got another from Hall of Court nmhc survival wave 25. And an ult 93 from KG nmhc campaign reward. I hear King's Game surv is the best place to go, but personally I find it tough to build for so I typically just stick with Aquanos which can still give ults anyway just not as common though. A lot of people here say you need to do MM but I've never found this to be true and when I actually looked into loot difference every run was nearly identical so I find the added difficulty of MM is not worth it since you can get essentially the exact same loot chances from nonMM.

Definitely solo summoner, I hear KG is a bit odd in that people tend to get better drops from solo than with multiple players(Probably more of a placebo effect than anything and there is really no real difference but still). Aquanos can give good enough loot to hit 2.5k-3k stats anyway, but KG is a bit better for ult farming. Either way though, you'll have to run the map dozens of times before you actually get a useable one. Since unless it has some 200-300+ in the stats you want and has 300+ upgrades it's typically not worth even using, but it could sell for a decent price for you too save up for a legit nonhacked(God willing) ult set.