Are you still enjoying the game?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a great year, but getting corrupted and then having to do Glitterhelm another 300 times has made it all a little stale. Sky City was a huge letdown and the lack of xp on Aquanos has forced an eternal cycle of damnation in the pits of Glitterhelm.

It has been fun, a great legit community and vastly playable (only XCOM compares). I'll still hang around and play sometimes and hope Trendy have learnt how from their mistakes and realise what a great and playable concept they originally conceived.

ill be honest Hitmonchan they game is a disappointment because no xp aquanos fix me for not getting free xp to 90 :p ill be real now to many newbies asking for help and begging for items a newbie said to me "Can you afk me on moraggo insane+?" he was a level 34 an a question please tell me if i break a rule but are you just trying to make us spend money on p.c. because no love for ps3 I mean I'm here so many love should come.

Well i'll start with..im not a software designer or a computer programmer,but this is the first game i've played on console thats had a tremendous
amount of problems (lag,freezes,data corruption,ect.)all due to poor software design or planning...its obvious Trendy's main focus is on PC with
perhapse not enough man power to properly focus on both thats probably why console suffers..i would also like to add that for the amount of
time spent leveling a character its way to easy to delete them and should be or should have been changed. but i did buy this game with one thing in
mind,and that was to play it with my son who doesnt play anymore..i still play but to be honest the last dlc (sky city)was a big disappointment to the
both of us..perhaps we'll see something better out of Trendy in the future(console)..till then..i'll just make the most with what i got

So yes the game is still exceedingly enjoyable for the grinder and farmer. The best possible course of action in my opinion would be to extend console players the ability to play the new characters and indulge in the new strats that come along with them. That would make the game even more enjoyable for many of us. Or in other instances if you could extend some of the holiday maps to console players. I know it is troublesome due to ram and all of the coding and programming that comes along but it would help console players become more enticed. Lastly if we could figure out a gear table that would tell us the max upgrades and the epic highs of damage so we know what to shoot for. Thanks hope to hear back from you. Just looking out for the DD community.

- player known formally known as falco

So yes the game is still exceedingly enjoyable for the grinder and farmer. The best possible course of action in my opinion would be to extend console players the ability to play the new characters and indulge in the new strats that come along with them. That would make the game even more enjoyable for many of us. Or in other instances if you could extend some of the holiday maps to console players. I know it is troublesome due to ram and all of the coding and programming that comes along but it would help console players become more enticed. Lastly if we could figure out a gear table that would tell us the max upgrades and the epic highs of damage so we know what to shoot for. Thanks hope to hear back from you. Just looking out for the DD community.

- player known formally known as falco

Although I agree with most of what you are saying Trendy will not go the extra mile for us console player if they wont even come out with a patch to fix many of the broken problems why would they give us any more maps. Even if we say we would pay for them its like gambling with them will you actually get what you pay for. Or just another way to make more money to expand there PC interest. With as many players on console that are disappointed with there finish product on this game I really dont see Trendy making anymore games for console unless they start running low on money and then they will try to sell another broken game. For an RPG farming role playing and such there is many other games that blow this one out of the water not because the idea was bad but because there wasnt enough invested to make sure it was done right. I just wish they were honest from the beginning and not fed us along until the end and then put us down like a rejected step child.

AS long as you keep doing events ill be here but when i look at for consles it looks like a unfinished game.you did a grate job i have counteless hours of fun but i cant say its my favorate game. over half the comunity is gone[for xbox] it takes so long to upgrade 1 weppon patch4 is so messed up. so many times getting corupted has made me leave the game. but i had more fun today just playing insane+ glitt than i ever have in this game with some legit friends. ill will always play trendys games even with all there bugs i love this game and this comunity and hey you learn from your mistakes.

Although I agree with most of what you are saying Trendy will not go the extra mile for us console player if they wont even come out with a patch to fix many of the broken problems why would they give us any more maps. Even if we say we would pay for them its like gambling with them will you actually get what you pay for. Or just another way to make more money to expand there PC interest. With as many players on console that are disappointed with there finish product on this game I really dont see Trendy making anymore games for console unless they start running low on money and then they will try to sell another broken game. For an RPG farming role playing and such there is many other games that blow this one out of the water not because the idea was bad but because there wasnt enough invested to make sure it was done right. I just wish they were honest from the
beginning and not fed us along until the end and then put us down like a rejected step child.

I think they have been pretty honest with us

The EXP situation drives me pretty mad. Getting to level 74 is the equivalent of getting to level 70 seven or eight times. Getting to level 78 is like trying to get to level 74 two times. Progressing from 78 to 83 is like getting to 78 three times.

I didn't have a Gold membership for the last year and have had to solo-level to 76 on my huntress and 74 on my Squire and Apprentice. At best I can spam the first three waves of Insane+ Endless Spires, Insane Glitterhelm, or Insane Ramperts for exp with the gear and levels I have.

545,000 exp on Insane Ramparts means I would have to complete it 557 times to get to 83. With an average of 7 minutes to complete it would take me 3899 minutes or 64 hours. To do this on four characters, one of each type, 256 hours.

1,500,000 exp on Insane Glitterhelm means I would have to complete it 202 times to get to 83. With an an average of 14 minutes to complete it would take me 2828 minutes or 47 hours. To do this on four characters, 188 hours.

At best I can get about 500,000 from the first three waves of solo Insane+ Endless spires in about 5 minutes with just gas traps, taking no damage, and not allowing the cores to take damage, but more often than not I lose on the third wave juggling an ogre with nearly a million HP and wyverns.

Another thing that makes me mad is the modding and the lack of a suitable counter for it. I finally got Gold recently and I was very excited to start playing with people again. I was instantly disappointed when the first four games I tried to join were all people playing around with modded equipment. Thankfully I have friends in real life who play, but they're not always on. The saddest part is watching people who can do 2 million DPS lose Glitterhelm on insane.

Honestly, I wish I had invested all this time into a PC version of the game. The only real benefit to the console, which is a huge selling point to me to be honest, is the fact that you can split screen play with friends in the same room. I really wish players who bought it on the console were offered the PC version at a discount for having spent so much time and money on the console version, only to have it wasted.

The PC version has more levels and challanges, more characters, easier (lower required) EXP with a higher character level cap, more/better gear that has better modifiers for sets, less glitches with a more dedicated patching system, and I've seen it go on sale multiple times for cheaper than the console version... so yeah.

I feel as if the console version is an extended trial version of the game, incomplete, but incredibly fun. Someone made a good point of saying 'The grass is greener on the PC side of the fence' and I have to agree. When you play on the console and you hear all the things you're missing out on it's pretty depressing, especially if you enjoy the game as much as me and my friends do.

Not enjoying DD anymore.

Stopped playing after last event.

Tired of EU getting the shaft and trendy not giving a flying ... (you get the point) about EU at all (as evident by the lack of Free DD for PSN plus members, no exclusive pets and still waiting for any news on Sky City, etc.).

It seems like trendy really only cares about North America PSN Players (yes I've checked the USA PSN Store & Not happy with the extra things they have). Which is a shame you would think they would try to be equal for USA, EU, Asia, etc. but I guess they don't want to keep the longevity of the game going. I stuck around while 90% of the guys I played with on a regular basis bailed (reasons: sick of grinding the same maps over and over, we won't get the dlc - its months overdue, already max level what's the point, I've put over XX hrs into this map and a noob joins at the last wave and gets a better item than I have, etc).

Now what I am sick of is playing 10-15 maps (wow such variety *sarcasm*) for a hundred plus hours (yes it does get boring). Waiting MONTHS for a DLC that looks like it will NEVER be released. More BUGS on the main maps than you have in the garden. No love from Trendy for their flagship game (thanks for the cash now ... off attitude).

I personally won't buy anything from Trendy again and I know a hell of a lot of gamers who feel the same (sure they may not care if they get me $20 for their next game, but piss off 1000 people to the same breaking point as me and thats $20,000. 10,000 is $200,000) it starts to add up.

Events? Where? Oh that one that one time? lol good on you champ.

Basically if Trendy wants to give me the middle finger I'll give them one right back.

i am trying to stay interested in the game by running aquanos instead of moorage (now that the drops are getting a little better). As far as the remarks about the price of the game and the $4 dollar dlc's in my opinion it was wrong to sell a broken DLC no matter what the cost and then tell everyone that has supported this game that you do not plan on fixing agaunos or sky city, thats no way to get repeat customers. This is a beautiful game and has had me hooked since it was released originally but i am tired of spending countless hours just to farm one piece of usable armor or 20 runs on morrago to get one decent weapon.

I find it very rude that there has been no reply to people's concerns. In this day and age and with the facts presented its about time someone from trendy answered the questions especially the EU situation and Faults/Patch situation.

Just be honest and none of this no news palava. It's simple you ask Sony what the hold up is and you relay the truth e.g that hasn't passed QA etc. If you are unable to release this patch I think some compensation is in order maybe some PSN vouchers or your next game for free. I mean it's a set and after purchasing the others etc.

Stop telling porkies and just tell us that you wiping hands of console version :)

I find it very rude that there has been no reply to people's concerns. In this day and age and with the facts presented its about time someone from trendy answered the questions especially the EU situation and Faults/Patch situation.

Just be honest and none of this no news palava. It's simple you ask Sony what the hold up is and you relay the truth e.g that hasn't passed QA etc. If you are unable to release this patch I think some compensation is in order maybe some PSN vouchers or your next game for free. I mean it's a set and after purchasing the others etc.

Stop telling porkies and just tell us that you wiping hands of console version :)

You need to read the digests.

We have been told that it needs to go through certification again.

Asking for compensation is wrong on so many levels. They have no obligation to patch the game, it's a nicety for us. Whilst I agree it should definitely be patched, it's not mandatory. :)

Asking for compensation is wrong on so many levels. They have no obligation to patch the game, it's a nicety for us. Whilst I agree it should definitely be patched, it's not mandatory. :)

I disagree, if someone sells something it should work properly or be refunded that's the law, if we were given the game for free i'd agree with you. i have so many friends that bought the game at the same time as me and got sick of he freezes a lot of them got refunds, sony would not refund if thy had a choice. personally I'm glad i waited because after the patch i'm happy with the game it's working fine apart from the laggy sky city dlc.

Not Enjoyable anymore since i'm EU player and the game isn't challenging anymore
I doubt its in my HDD anymore too lol its been a while since i launched it
hope the dlc is coming for us soon before The last of us get released lol

I admit I should taken more notice of the digests ;-) seems better than when I remember.

I may seem off but this has been one of my favourite games in a long while. Almost as addicting as Everquest 2 but that's another story. Well in reply to your comment think of it as if you had sky/cable tele and they offered you HD at additional cost and promised the latest movies and in reality you had a fuzzy non HD picture and old films that kept freezing. See my point ;-) Anyway my comments are more from disappointment than any hatred ;-)

Happy gaming.

I think they have been pretty honest with us

how long have you been playing this game every update they lied about something, the most current was they were gonna release a final patch after sky city to fix all the problems. what they say after sorry we are not doing a patch after all and if you been playing the game since the beginning thats all it has been.

I can honestly tell you guys that RNG is a pain it blows and that the original game (Console version) is the best part of DD
I love the new characters but other then that the DLC from PC isnt that great (no offense) i think consoles are still the best part of DD :)
However the XP on consoles is unbearable if they had one patch that made XP more reasonable i would burn the PC version of DD from my hard drive!

For some reasons after they changed over to the link on the weekly digest i cant view them. No matter what browers i use its depressing so im missing out :-(

For some reasons after they changed over to the link on the weekly digest i cant view them. No matter what browers i use its depressing so im missing out :-(

I have this same issue. I haven't been able to view them in eons. I took it as my work internets putting the kabosh on DD.

i havent been playing too much mainly because there is almost no rooms for power leveling nowadays atm ive been trying to 100% borderlands 2 since i can,t get in any power leveling sessions whenever i go to check if theres any

i havent been playing too much mainly because there is almost no rooms for power leveling nowadays atm ive been trying to 100% borderlands 2 since i can,t get in any power leveling sessions whenever i go to check if theres any

I'll be on around two in the afternoon CST. Msg me on PSN

They do have an obligation to fix broken additional content that was purchased though. Correct?

They do have an obligation to fix broken additional content that was purchased though. Correct?

In theory they do have an obligation to fix anything they've sold that doesn't work to the standard that they said it would. However with the amount of clauses and poo in contracts nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if they had a loop hole and absolutely nothing.