Are you still enjoying the game?

I will always love the game but as many said already there is so many issues that if fixed would make the game that much more enjoyable and would probably keep people from leaving. Dlc aside the way it seems that the console was tossed aside as step children when it comes to events and stuff is saddening and even like holiday specific items I mean something as small as costumes, on pc they have costumes, characters and everything but we get the short end of the stick. The really short end. However as I type this I am getting ready to play anyway. It takes forever to grind my players to the level they need to equip all the level 83 armor and weapons I have found. Almost seems impossible and chances are I may give up before then

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this game on consoles is not perfect but i love this game. I always play this game with friends and just have a great time. Personally i think i will play this game a lot more.

I know that this game on consoles is not perfect but i love this game. I always play this game with friends and just have a great time. Personally i think i will play this game a lot more.

I agree with this. I wish there were alot of things fixed here but I can't complain so I just enjoy what I got and make the most out of the buck I spent on the game ^_^

Hmm Do I still enjoy the game. The Core game IMMENSILY the DLC not as much. WAY too many issues there and the majority has been stated above : No Pets or Weapons for certain levels( Also certain weapons "lagging" the frame rate), the Aquanos XP issue, Sky City is just a for lack of a better word Mistake/Waste of time, Upgrading system (know this has been discussed but never hurts to try again), Leveling system/scale for Charecters (Thank God for your 50 Million XP events!), Insane Plus rewarding items with 3 upgrades for level 90 with 5 negative stats on them!

I just find it VERY hard to beleive that Trendy can sleep at night/deal with their conscience to leave this game as it is and not try/give consoles another patch!?

Just baffles me.

I hope and pray that whatever their/your next project is that you learn from the mistakes made with this "test run" game and make a complete and stable game.

Hitmonchan,
On consoles, vanilla DD I agree is awesome. However the DLC's should never have been released until they were ready, and if a problem was discovered afterwards then a patch be made up no matter what. Thats like going to the store to buy something realizing It's broken, taking it back, and the store telling you that they won't take it because it'll cost them to much, you're screwed.

"As our PC players could tell you, the RNG was not designed for the new loot we released. But the new loot increased the longevity of our game across the board. It's a bit of a give-and-take, but hopefully the fun of getting new loot outweighs the negatives with it."

That actually explains a lot, still not pleased, but they could've added a line of conditionals in the code for the last and final patch. Thank you for responding.
Since you're being so prompt, and honest, at answering our questions, I hope you can one more question(comment); IF Trendy really wanted longevity, why did they set the level limit to 90? There would've been nothing to lose, and everything to gain by increasing the max level. Personally, I'm close to being 90 all my characters, and after I achieve this feat, I'm finished. Just as Trendy does not want to disclose max upgrade potential on equipment, it would've been nice if Trendy left the max level for characters undisclosed. It would've been fascinating to see how high players could get their characters.

I do enjoy the game very much. I am trying to find new ways to play but after an hour or so I get bored. I wish that Aquanos and Sky City were fixed and that will only be a dream.......

To be honest kinda. Im on ps3 and in the eu so its starting to get a bit annoying. With no insane+ sky city and lots of glitches and freezing problems im startinng to lose hope. i dont know but if you could nudge playstation it would be helpfull because im starting to think theyve forgotten about the dlc.

"As our PC players could tell you, the RNG was not designed for the new loot we released. But the new loot increased the longevity of our game across the board. It's a bit of a give-and-take, but hopefully the fun of getting new loot outweighs the negatives with it."

That actually explains a lot, still not pleased, but they could've added a line of conditionals in the code for the last and final patch. Thank you for responding.
Since you're being so prompt, and honest, at answering our questions, I hope you can one more question(comment); IF Trendy really wanted longevity, why did they set the level limit to 90? There would've been nothing to lose, and everything to gain by increasing the max level. Personally, I'm close to being 90 all my characters, and after I achieve this feat, I'm finished. Just as Trendy does not want to disclose max upgrade potential on equipment, it would've been nice if Trendy left the max level for characters undisclosed. It would've been fascinating to see how high players could get their characters.

I will be honest. I don't quite understand why the Experience Ramp is the way it is on consoles.

Yes, I am still enjoying the game. Only because the legit players on XBOX are a small, tight knit, helpful community that self has worked through all of the issues and concerns. If I was not part of the legit community, the modding, broken XP, and file corruptions would make me delete this game and never look back. Although the XBOX is bottom of the priority ladder, the game itself is fun. Here's wat I would like to see to make it a viable game on XBOX:

1) Proper Pets - Chicken, Genie, etc fixed to work properly
2) Aquanos XP - Nuff said
3) Stability - Adjust the save timing to avoid corruption
4) Allow players to self police modding. There are several legit players who would be happy to police modders. A few bans, and the game will clean up. Look at Sega with Phantasy Star, Banned within hours, shut down servers. Look at Black Ops II. Get banned for dashboarding. We can clean this game up very quickly. Allow a handful of legit, responsible players to police the game and it will be fixed quickly.
5) Honest and quick responses to player concerns

Talk to me.

The thing that made me quit before was the major tech issues and I'm glad they are fixed enough to make the game bareable

On the other hand I thing the randomness needs to be adjusted slightly, I am sick of playing I+ and getting level 1/1 items.
I honestly don't think and rewards should be less than level 30-40 and go higher cause it's getting just insulting to get such bad items when I can go play easy and get better.
That is my only main issue
That and sky city should have been bigger imo.

Honestly I do enjoy the game but with friends only... I prefer the game how it was originally. No DLC maps, just its plain self. That's what made the game for me. Running all the original maps instead of the DLC maps. The only reason people join DLC lobbies is because in my opinion is because they might get a better weapon or experience from the DLC maps(not including aquanos). Now the game is all about having better stuff than others and being stronger. This game is becoming a competition. People don't find me on the game playing anymore because I just don't love the game as much anymore.
Love Always,
Teresa Valentine Sandoval :)

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

There is so much truth here^.
We all understand that the game was only $15 and we got what we paid for. However, that cannot be used as an excuse because 90% of the issues all console players would like to see fixed are due to DLCs... Sure there are some things on the side that could be improved (including some things that were supposed to be on the patch) but I can live with spending 5 hours upgrading items because I get excited when I can find a decent reward amongst the 5^ level 90 req items.

Honestly I do enjoy the game but with friends only... I prefer the game how it was originally. No DLC maps, just its plain self. That's what made the game for me. Running all the original maps instead of the DLC maps. The only reason people join DLC lobbies is because in my opinion is because they might get a better weapon or experience from the DLC maps(not including aquanos). Now the game is all about having better stuff than others and being stronger. This game is becoming a competition. People don't find me on the game playing anymore because I just don't love the game as much anymore.
Love Always,

Teresa Valentine Sandoval :)

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't agree more :) it's all a competition, and denegrating others....

Nope, I'm not satisfied with the way console came out. The game was very fun when I first played. Now, now the game is just absolutely horrible. (I couldn't careless about events.)
My main disappointment is survival mode. Survival mode on console is just utterly horrible. TE makes an achievement called "Thick Skin" that's nearly impossible to get on console due to 10k count mobs and freezing on survival mode. I sat there for literally 5 damn hours trying to get to wave 20 and it froze. Than my next attempt I finally got it. That's a waste of 10 hours! That's like 20 runs of glitterhelm!

Next is the dumb RNG for console! So HORRIBLE it makes me want to throw up! I thought the RNG for PC was sad but PC compared to Console, Console is a very sad case! Insane+ RNG is worse than the medium RNG!!!! WTF is that!?

Who can forget the xp! Why int he world is there so a big xp gap! There's only like 19 maps on console and the most xp you get on a map is freaking 2 million! On PC the xp gap isn't even that large and the highest xp map give 24 million!

So I came to the conclusion. The reason why this game isn't fun to me anymore is because of the many hours you have to sacrifice into this game just to at least have a decent geared character.

Talk to me.

Ill try to stay ontopic and this might sound alot more harsh then it is, but you want my honest opinion

You are asking if we are enjoying a game that includes: Coop - Loot - Leveling, its like asking if kids like candy. Personally i love a-rpgs thats the reason why i did my waiting, thats why i even tried to play this on my phone, i dont like tower defense games never have and probably never will really. But i bought this on xbox 360 release day and im still playing it (i got over 210 games played on my xbox360, so guess how many xbla titles that last after getting every single achievement)

On the x360 side we have a total of 3-5 games on the xbla that have leveling/loot/coop, we normally get shafted and get the "HEY GUYZ 1 PLAYER FARMING IS KOOL RITE?" treatment which is fun but only for a few hours. What you captured with this game is that people wanna show off their cool stuff, they wanna help out their friends with the cool stuff and eventually get that cool stuff together. Ive finished/got 95% of the games that are in the rpg section on the dashboard. Not a single one of the others have even come close to lasting this long, only reason i still might have them is due to not finishing them yet.

Ofcourse i enjoy this game still, i might sound alot more hostile and angry then i actually am but i do play this atleast a few hours every week.
What i dont enjoy is the following:

Doing Glitterhelm over and over for exp (i level dirty now so go hate i still talk with the best of the best of the legit community and play with them when they want)
They way you shafted us with exp gains is absolutely tragic, i know its all about the fun of playing but wtf im not gonna be 79 forever because its so fun to hunt for soul focusers.
I know im not forced to do glitterhelm but its the most exp/most chests in the fastest/easiest way + most people i play with prefer it because of those reasons.

Moraggo weapon unbalance: Im happy that we got weapons like them but you gotta realize that now there is nothing better, 90% of the weapons you can get in this game are worthless due to the imbalance those things brought with them. Its a bit of a love/hate thingy because i love having the perks they give you, i just hate doing moraggo over and over hoping for that 200+ upgrade and then realize i got a 30 upgrade with no extra projectiles/no tower dmg/no tower health etc.

The Aquanos exp bs
If you can tell me how the actual F*** you could release that map without noticing the exp was not there is a mystery, do you people at trendy take yourself serious? Thats one of the most idiotic mistakes ive seen in videogames, the fact that you refuse to patch it make it even more horrible.
You should call to a meeting and say: We can leave the game with a bad touch and forever have our loyal fans doubting us or we can make it right its 10 000$ Yay or Nay? If nay then yeah get prepared to always be doubted because its hard to take you serious.

Sky city lag & Corruption issues
So yeah after waiting trough the summer and checking marketplace every tuesday/wednesday it actually came out (about 4 months after i expected it) and it took me about 2 waves to realize that the map actually lagged like crap with just 2 people on it in local, seriously? ALL THAT WAIT FOR A LAGGY MAP WITH NO REAL REWARDS? Ive finished the map once i think and i wont touch it again, it serves no purpose other then your need to stay true to what you said about us getting all 4 shards (congrats you actually told the truth atleast once)

Lag weapons and lack of pets
Monk dps is pitiful thats all i gotta say and i know it will never be better due to all good monk weapons being laggy unless you decide to be melee, now ask yourself this question: Ranged monk for Moraggo or Melee monk? I personally would tell the person to be another class because you didnt give the monk any decent range weapon that works and glhf killing djinns with melee quick enough with 4 people (i killed the moraggo boss as a dps monk with 200k dps my partner in crime loved it...)

I think thats all of the negatives (its late gotta be up in 7 hours, and i normally sleep 10 hours) so we got trough that part.

The positive thing is that you made a game that could captivate the audience for a year, thats a thing alot of games cant really do anymore not to mention its only a xbla/psn title for 15$ So thats a great thing, you managed to give us something that we all wanted and that most of us still want, we just want more bigger and ofcourse better.

Out of the 60+ arcade titles i have played this is my absolute number 1 just because of the amount of time ive been able to put into it without it feeling like an absolute bore.

But its not time to pat yourself on the belly and smile just yet, one of the reasons for your success is because you have no competition if there was Torchlight 2 or something similar out with 4 player coop and loot you would probably only have a few people on this. Atleast thats the feeling i get from talking with people on the 360 side, most of them are just waiting for something bigger and better but sadly enough the console is 7 years old now so yeah its not really a thing for indie devs to release their games within limitations anymore when the pc scene is so keen to give them easier choices and less programming problems.
You managed to beat the other 4 or so 4 player coop/loot/lvling games and thats just because they fell short due to financial troubles/stupid choices and such.

Hopefully you will listen to the fans and next time you can actually provide the full experience for everyone without making up excuses. But i doubt i will see any game with the trendy logo intro hitting the xbox 360 ever again so have fun on the pc side, if i ever make the switch from consoles ill be torrenting your game anyway :) Not paying for digital downloads when they are so easy to get free from other sources

TL: DR = I still enjoy it but the flaws are sadly gigantic.

I agree with the above. Vanilla DD seemed to have the scaling for campaign and challenges balanced very well. When I talk about scaling, i mean difficulty level vs xp reward and equipment power vs enemy strength. I played through vanilla campaign and challenges with friends and failed quite a few times, but it wasn't anything a strategy adjustment and a piece of armor or two couldn't fix. Survival mode always seemed pointless without an increase in xp or rewards. Why even touch mix mode? Look at the time requirements too. Hours and hours. The campaign and challenges were good though. With the dlc, the game became horribly imbalanced. Really hard maps with little to no equipment or xp reward. Glitterhelm is still #1 for xp. That shouldn't be the case. Or mistymire wave 1 over and over. That's not fun.

Survival mode should've been something besides an endurance contest. Perhaps it should've been something like insane+ with greater mob hp, atk, and xp than density. Mix mode should've been a wild card factor to that increased with reward item upgrades or xp, if not both. Each DLC map should've doubled the prior maps potential xp, with a perfect insane glitter run of 2.5-3 mil as a baseline (adjusted for each difficulty). Each dlc map should've had new pets and weapons, glitch free or supported through patches offset by the cash paid by those who bought the game and/or dlc on console. I would've tweaked the RNG to tier the upgrade progression as well, so that say a level 78 weapon or armor couldn't roll with less than 10 upgrades below the max upgrades for a 74 weapon or armor. Little things.

That being said, I think it is a great game and a great value minus the dlc. There are some real problems with the dlc though that just haven't been addressed, and the community has dwindled because of the ridiculous xp curve hit during endgame on console and the limited avenues to progress efficiently. It's not even that efficient. Glitterhelm insane is still the best bet until either 78 or 83 until insane+ is doable. That requires hours and hours and hours. This is math. I realize it's only a $15 game, so why press us all to grind 20-50hrs or more for level cap. It doesn't make sense.

I'm mostly posting this as feedback that I hope gets taken into account for the next game. I really don't expect a patch or any changes at this point, sadly. Please plan the dlc on paper as the game is created so that it flows more smoothly. Commit to fixing the unforeseen issues that arise as well. Or at least put out the best possible content that you can, even if it takes a bit longer. Diversify the game modes so that all maps can be played in multiple ways/different levels and be rewarding rather than shoehorning us into a grind on a few maps. This is an awesome game, don't get me wrong. But on console it all fell apart. And some aspects could've been better from the beginning.

I realize I'm mostly listing off faults and annoyances, but I hope that won't stop this as being seen as constructive criticism. There have been many things in this game well worthy of praise. Many of the challenges are incredible for example. And many of the community events could be implemented in a future game as challenges, or even wildcards for mix mode. This game crosses many different genres, and as such faces many challenges. Feeling strong at some point is critical for rpgs. Elevating the challenge on the next map or a different game mode adds replayability in more ways than a dlc map could, and in any way that these dlc's do. It could be a $60 disc game, if done right. And I would play the hell out of it. I'm looking forward to a "DD2," whatever the incarnation. Dream really freakin big, and build the game you envision, but make sure it holds true to that all the way to the end.

Now that was a rant^..... Lol

From my perspective a EU player here goes. I must say this was one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played especially from the PSN store. Before the DLC the game was awesome very polished and very fun. Mistymire came out and I found that very rewarding and an extra challenge. Worked well as the gossamer was the best weapon. Generally at this time was very disappointed that the US players were having events and is the EU were missing out even thought request was put in for an option for a EU host with rejection.

Then Morrago and Aquanous came out and were broken in some way. I was very annoyed the US side were getting these released at least a week or so before. In this day and age I expect a release for all at the sametime even if you hold back the US side until EU launch. We all know that at one time the servers merged seemed ok to me why were we not allowed to stay that way ? Which brings me to the last DLC where is it ? Takes the mickey. Pretty much ruined the final part for me after reading posts here. I moved on from waiting too long !!!!!!

I agree the RNG is terrible I could play for 8 hours straight and not get a decent item. Wore me down. The XP is broken and there is no way will get to level 90 ever that would take far too long doing the same maps. Or map. Lol. The experience and rewards and lack of release have kept me away. I still get lots requests to help out maybe will try the last DLC if ever released.

I think you owe it too your fans and the only way to inject life into the game is to fix the XP make it and end game XP I wanna see. 10 mill from completing an insane + map minimum. If you can increase the upgrade drop rate as a secondary note. Don't worry if you think will unbalance things it's broken the wrong way currently so break it the other way so we gain more at least.

Just change the code and increase all XP by 10 million so glitter would be 12 million etc.

It's game over man ! So inject some life and more fun into the game with at least minor adjustments then we am look forward to your new projects.

You owe it to your fans to provide a final patch even of just sorts the XP and gives us time to level up to 90 in a fun way.

At the moment seriously there is no fun whatsoever in levelling I remember playing glitter like 30 times nonstop to reach next level solo let alone what you need to get to90.

As I said fix the XP at least - just go mad some of us have jobs , a few have Gf,s And they would like to keep them haha.

Sorry for an errors as using my iPhone.

Do those fixes Please. Tah.

Now that was a rant^..... Lol

From my perspective a EU player here goes. I must say this was one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played especially from the PSN store. Before the DLC the game was awesome very polished and very fun. Mistymire came out and I found that very rewarding and an extra challenge. Worked well as the gossamer was the best weapon. Generally at this time was very disappointed that the US players were having events and is the EU were missing out even thought request was put in for an option for a EU host with rejection.

Then Morrago and Aquanous came out and were broken in some way. I was very annoyed the US side were getting these released at least a week or so before. In this day and age I expect a release for all at the sametime even if you hold back the US side until EU launch. We all know that at one time the servers merged seemed ok to me why were we not allowed to stay that way ? Which brings me to the last DLC where is it ? Takes the mickey. Pretty much ruined the final part for me after reading posts here. I moved on from waiting too long !!!!!!

I agree the RNG is terrible I could play for 8 hours straight and not get a decent item. Wore me down. The XP is broken and there is no way will get to level 90 ever that would take far too long doing the same maps. Or map. Lol. The experience and rewards and lack of release have kept me away. I still get lots requests to help out maybe will try the last DLC if ever released.

I think you owe it too your fans and the only way to inject life into the game is to fix the XP make it and end game XP I wanna see. 10 mill from completing an insane + map minimum. If you can increase the upgrade drop rate as a secondary note. Don't worry if you think will unbalance things it's broken the wrong way currently so break it the other way so we gain more at least.

Just change the code and increase all XP by 10 million so glitter would be 12 million etc.

It's game over man ! So inject some life and more fun into the game with at least minor adjustments then we am look forward to your new projects.

You owe it to your fans to provide a final patch even of just sorts the XP and gives us time to level up to 90 in a fun way.

At the moment seriously there is no fun whatsoever in levelling I remember playing glitter like 30 times nonstop to reach next level solo let alone what you need to get to90.

As I said fix the XP at least - just go mad some of us have jobs , a few have Gf,s And they would like to keep them haha.

Sorry for an errors as using my iPhone.

Do those fixes Please. Tah.

Xp is a big problem it has me spending hours of grinding and now enjoying the game in its fullest because I'm trying to equip armor for level 83 that seems so far away. It takes me hours to make some head way but never enough and as you said I am a recruiter for the military as well as go to school with a wife and two kids so my video gaming time is often limited except nights I stay up in which again I spend hours grinding it just seems so off. Survival, mix mode, pure strategy all those modes should have some significant rewards but nothing.

Hitmonchan,

When people ask "Are we getting a new patch?" you have said numerous times "No, Trendy does not plan on making a patch."

My question to you is if Trendy doesn't plan on making a new patch to fix all the issues that they know are wrong with the game why are they having you ask us whether or not we like the game? They know the dlc's are broken and do not want to fix them. Don't tell me that they do not have the money to do so. Instead of giving $1000 to a map contest winner, they could of put that money into the hand of a developer and had him/her fix the issues with the console.

Hitmonchan,

When people ask "Are we getting a new patch?" you have said numerous times "No, Trendy does not plan on making a patch."

My question to you is if Trendy doesn't plan on making a new patch to fix all the issues that they know are wrong with the game why are they having you ask us whether or not we like the game? They know the dlc's are broken and do not want to fix them. Don't tell me that they do not have the money to do so. Instead of giving $1000 to a map contest winner, they could of put that money into the hand of a developer and had him/her fix the issues with the console.
the fact is the game isnt broken to the point it is unplayable. they would make 10 cents to every dollor spent. i think the only way it would be feesable is to slip all the fixes in a new dlc but i know they said we wont get any more content. they did overall doo a good job on making the game, and they did there best to support it, and an awesome job creating a community