Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask Us Anything: 12/5/12 Digest

Have a question for the team? Want to know about something in the game or what our favorite colors are? Ask away! The thread will close on Monday, and answers will be posted in next weeks Digest.

I know that you are keeping your new project close to the chest but I was wondering if you could shed any light as to when it may hit the market? Are we looking at a year? a couple years? I have loved DD like no other game and will be purchasing whatever you all come up with next. Hurry up so that I can give you my money! :)

When do you plan on announcing your next game? And, can we get a general time frame on when it will come out (in the next 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 50 years ect.)

Will you have double xp weekends?

Do you ever have DD games in the office?

What's Trendy's goals for the next few years?

[[2153,hashtags]]

Double XP!!! That would make my aqua insane farming for exp worth it!!!!

Tavern NMHC Double XP muhahahaahha thats like 84mill each run 0_0

Tavern NMHC Double XP muhahahaahha thats like 84mill each run 0_0

They'd have to find a way to make sure that it doesn't convert over to the leader boards though.

Will the game freezes due to the mages mana bomb and reflect beam combo on the map spook2 be addressed in an upcoming patch?

This happens on pretty much any map, ESPECIALLY Crystalline Dimension. Nothing like wasting 30-40 minutes, getting to map 3 or so and ... GAME CRASH!

Edit: It only seems to crash the host from my testing. The other players do not crash, but since the host does, they drop back to menu.

This happens on pretty much any map, ESPECIALLY Crystalline Dimension. Nothing like wasting 30-40 minutes, getting to map 3 or so and ... GAME CRASH!

Edit: It only seems to crash the host from my testing. The other players do not crash, but since the host does, they drop back to menu.
I've had to ALT+TAB out,exit and restart the game when it happens to me. Either way I think it would be a great thing for them to address. Or at least give us a definitive answer on if its going to be fixed or not.

How/why did you come to the decision of making 83 and 90 level requirement armor be random upgrades, instead of following the past 21-38ups= lvl 74 requirement 39-7?ups= lvl 78 requirement? This is on the console versions and it also affects the weapons and pets.

Is there a way to get off from behind the North Island in Sky City? Sucks when you land there from jumping off the battlecruiser when it's HC.

Also, any chance of us getting a double drop rate event of some sort? Or will that really mess things up? :x

Is there a way to get off from behind the North Island in Sky City?

Currently, without a character that can fly, no. The idea is to never land there...

Currently, without a character that can fly, no. The idea is to never land there...

It's either land there or die on the ship. Both option is a no-go for HC. :<

And no, don't bother mentioning the portal gun. That thing lags the game to the high heavens.

It's either land there or die on the ship. Both option is a no-go for HC. :<

And no, don't bother mentioning the portal gun. That thing lags the game to the high heavens.

Try getting off before you get back there, or holding fire till you're past...

Question: Why is there a fixed hard range cap on tower projectiles (currently 60 units)? Is exempting a tower from this cap (DST's would benefit greatly from this) going to require serious reprogramming of it?

Ex: I know there has to be a point at which projectiles despawn, it's why it's fixed I dont understand. Surely a better system would be something like * 1.5 (maybe with an exponent to pull it in as range gets larger)

Could hardcore on Pure Strategy disable mid-round upgrading, or something like that, while giving drops equivalent to normal survival (I.e. NMHC PS Tavern Defense would give drops similar to NM TD Survival, and effect pets like NMHC TD)?

Why? Because Pure Strategy is currently very easy, and a good, but still challenging way to get drops/pets would be nice.