I have learned a lesson, Reflect Beams are your friend.

So I was doing Alchemical Laboratories NM:HC and got to wave 23 until an Archer one-hitted my crystal. Now I know you need reflection beams, even if you think you don't need them.

I've also finally realized the power of auras. Been playing this game since the first day of release and I now finally notice how important some towers are.

If I know what I know now. I would have spent half the time to get where I am at.

I use only EV beams, Reflect Beams, Archers, Aura's (ensnare,Str drain, Ele, and sometimes heal) I also use Harpoon Turrets.
That is all I use now, as I found the rest to be useless and waste of DU.

(Sorry all you App Tower fans. Harpoons do much better than flame towers and don't blind you)

Before you would see me with Stryker Towers, and lots of Bowling ball turrets with Slice N Dice everywhere. Also Ogre Minions to block stuff off. The Noob days.

I think I had lots more fun when I knew less.

Mike.

here's some useless towers for you:
dark trap (bc its single target, so useless)
ethereal trap (same as dark)
enrage aura (gas trap does the job, costs less DU and lasts longer)
spinning blade trap (waste of DU, bouncer does the trick, even though is also useless now)
any type of walls (excluding minion and reflects)
assassins (useless, unless you want to have some fun being a puppetmaster)
proton beams (useless, i rather use shock beams)
ethereal cannon (too slow to provide any usefullness, unless there was a map with just walls forming a maze)

dark trap (bc its single target, so useless)
any type of walls (excluding minion and reflects)
proton beams (useless, i rather use shock beams)
ethereal cannon (too slow to provide any usefullness, unless there was a map with just walls forming a maze)

*Sigh*

Darkness trap: permanently strips immunities. 2DU saved for a minor path where a drain is unneeded (the very northern most aqua path for example). They're also less buggy than drains at stripping, super orcs haven't happened anywhere a dark trap has been used.
EV Physical walls: If you're dismissing these, you're not doing it right. Any lane you have a gas in you can stop sharken from ever touching them. They take 10x the pounding of a standard minion wall for less cost too.
Proton beams: You're kidding right. Protons do more damage, for less DU. Oh, and anything thatll likely step on them (ogres) is immune to the stun. Protons also last forever
DST: Not useless. I use these on atleast two maps currently entirely for their wall piercing ability.

DST also shoot through floors. Give me a narrow open lane and I only use harps. Give me an open front where more than one ogre will be hammering my wall (minion or otherwise) and I'm adding fireballs to go with the harps. Give me walls, floors, and other obstructions and I'm using DSTs and maybe lightning towers.

[[2158,hashtags]] ;)

So I was doing Alchemical Laboratories NM:HC and got to wave 23 until an Archer one-hitted my crystal. Now I know you need reflection beams, even if you think you don't need them.

I've also finally realized the power of auras. Been playing this game since the first day of release and I now finally notice how important some towers are.

It's better to be safe than sorry. :squire:

They are your best friend until you run the Spook2 map and last wave a crystal mage mana bombs and freezes your game...
Other than the map on Spook2 I highly recommend and encourage the use of reflects.

They are your best friend until you run the Spook2 map and last wave a crystal mage mana bombs and freezes your game...
Other than the map on Spook2 I highly recommend and encourage the use of reflects.

Spook 2 is impossible without reflects

Agree to disagree,Ive ran it plenty of times without reflects. I'd be happy to show you my build.

Wow, I applaud you! Of course, you have just about the best gear in the game, so with my stats being half of yours, I need reflects. Even on insane :D

If I know what I know now. I would have spent half the time to get where I am at.

I use only EV beams, Reflect Beams, Archers, Aura's (ensnare,Str drain, Ele, and sometimes heal) I also use Harpoon Turrets.
That is all I use now, as I found the rest to be useless and waste of DU.

(Sorry all you App Tower fans. Harpoons do much better than flame towers and don't blind you)

Before you would see me with Stryker Towers, and lots of Bowling ball turrets with Slice N Dice everywhere. Also Ogre Minions to block stuff off. The Noob days.

I think I had lots more fun when I knew less.

Mike.

No mages?

Taptalking

I don't use spiders in my builds,I might if they worked on ogres.

They do, not sure if they didn;t before, but now almost every minion wall has a spider because they web ogres and make them take x2 damage.

They do, not sure if they didn;t before, but now almost every minion wall has a spider because they web ogres and make them take x2 damage.
Oh,I guess they patched that in. Before I left they had no effect on ogres,I may be incorporating some into my builds now.

Oh,I guess they patched that in. Before I left they had no effect on ogres,I may be incorporating some into my builds now.

Yeah, my minion walls usually consist of :archer::archer::mage::spider::archer::archer:

I put my mage straight on top of my spider sometimes (after placing the spider, most of the time you can place something immediately on top of it as if it's not there, not sure if it's a bug or intended)