Fans realize something Trendy does not, that robust millions selling games, while seemingly healthy, are in actuality as fragile as two bricks tied together with tissue paper. One mistake, one bad mis-step will cause the entire thing to shatter and fall apart; and Dungeon Defenders would be ruined forever.

Fortunately, part of the fandom has resolved to remain "ever vigilant" against something that could Ruin Dungeon Defenders Forever, and call out a warning if they see something that could potentially do so.

Things that have Ruined Dungeon Defenders Forever in the past

The Greater Turkey Hunt.
Hackers.
Steam.
The RNG.
The Evil Heroes.
The Sky O' Love challenge.
The Spiders.
The Goblin Copters.
The Summoner class.
The Djinns.
The EV.
The Jester.
The Crystalline Dimension
The Spider Queen is too strong.
The Kraken is too strong.
It's impossible to beat the Goblin Battlecruiser.
The game is too easy.
Trendy Entertainment.
Pretty much every new patch.
Pretty much every new DLC too.
The Ultimate + Gear
Crystal getting snipped
Adding Supreme Accessories
Removing the Supreme Accessories.

Things that may ruin Dungeon Defender Forever if they were to happen:
Any change in the RNG
Dungeon Defender the Movie

Things that will no doubt Ruin Dungeon Defenders Forever in the future:
Etherian Holiday Extravaganza 2
Dungeon Defenders 2

I'm sure there are many other things which have ruined Dungeon Defenders forever, maybe when the list is complete we can put it on the Wiki ?

Idea stolen from those:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Ruined_FOREVER
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Ruined_FOREVER

Fans realize something Trendy does not, that robust millions selling games, while seemingly healthy, are in actuality as fragile as two bricks tied together with tissue paper. One mistake, one bad mis-step will cause the entire thing to shatter and fall apart; and Dungeon Defenders would be ruined forever.

Fortunately, part of the fandom has resolved to remain "ever vigilant" against something that could Ruin Transformers Forever, and call out a warning if they see something that could potentially do so.

Things that have Ruined Dungeon Defenders Forever in the past

The Greater Turkey Hunt.
Hackers.
Steam.
The RNG.
The Evil Heroes.
The Sky O' Love challenge.
The Spiders.
The Goblin Copters.
The Summoner class.
The Djinns.
The EV.
The Jester.
The Crystalline Dimension
The game is too easy.
Trendy Entertainment.
Pretty much every new patch.
Pretty much every new DLC too.
Other players in general (Mostly those who have better gear than me)

I'm sure there are many other things which have ruined Dungeon Defenders forever, maybe when the list is complete we can put it on the Wiki ?

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Ruined_FOREVER
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Ruined_FOREVER

Ev, Summoner and jester added more fun for me :P though the greater turkey hunt is stupid

The game is too easy.

Congratulations, you made me giggle :3

The game is what it is. It don't seem to be going anywhere else. Though some of those things seemed to be problematic in the past. (Goblin Copters)

If they would just switch the loot system to roll the Label, THEN add the stats to the label, all would be good and solve so much frustration.

Krystal Stryker number 38....... All myth, but one Ult 100 which was horrible. Why?

How many times I am suppose to spend hours running CD in hopes of a good drop? How many?

Ult armor should be like on percent drop. 2% after wave 28-30, with Min and max stats.

Boss drops should be based on a score of upgrades/mobs killed/number times died/min AFK produces some score. If you get a good score then percent of ult weapon is rolled with proper stats for a "Labeled" Ult.

If they just fix this, then all good, great game, and would have my support in the future.

right now, I won't be buying jack else from them if they can't even figure out how RPG is suppose to work.

Mike.

It seems that the OP has forgoten the golden rule to all video games "Every game company is different". Trendy did something different and went about it differently. Everything the OP listed in his/her main post is all opinions based on how he/she feels about the game which is perfectly fine but most of it is not based on facts except for the RNG and Hackers. The OP says "the game is to easy" but yet you complained about every new enemy that has been introduced in DD if like they are to hard for you whether they are annoying or not so your statement contradicted itself (nothing against you). The way I see it I rather pay $15 for a game that lasts me for over a year plus more then a $60 game that I can complete 100% within a few days/weeks/months.

Everything on that list besides Greater Turkey Hunt I've beaten. You just can't do everything on the highest difficulty and expect to win.

[QUOTE] The way I see it I rather pay $15 for a game that lasts me for over a year plus more then a $60 game that I can complete 100% within a few days/weeks/months. [/QUOTE]

Kids buy those games for the playstation. spend 60.00, and beat it in a day.

I myself never die fighting Goblin Battle cruiser, until I fall that is, which never happens, unless I fall. I hardly ever fall though, but normally happens when nobody else can beat him, then I may fall, but that hardly ever happens, until I fall.

Mike.

The "insert boss here" is too strong.
The game is too easy.

Make up your mind please.

[[2153,hashtags]]

I am confused, was the original post ment ironic/sarcastic or was the op beeing serious? :)

I do agree that the game could use some improvements, specially on the rng and some bug fixing like stuck djinis etc. But overall it is not that terrible, otherwise nobody would put hundreds of hours into it. :)

I'm pretty sure OP is just being funny; the list is supposed to be read tongue in cheek. If so, Bravo.

If not...

pretty sure I've only encounter one hacker playing this game so far and it was an obvious hack too which made me lol. 27m damage on a fireball tower with 0 sec rate.

The funny thing is the guy didn't lay out the towers correctly for the map so if they hadn't been hacked he would have lost. Also he had hardly any trophies in his tavern, so i wonder what the point was?

Otherwise i love this games steep difficulty

So i hope the op is joking

I'm pretty sure OP is just being funny; the list is supposed to be read tongue in cheek. If so, Bravo.

If not...

Oh hai there ^.^

It's been too long since you were active :)

It was a timeline. The OP was right on with many things. Most of those things are overcome by just becoming better at the game.

Some of those things that were easy to overcome, many felt it was the game breaker for them. I felt Ogres on 2nd wave of nightmare with copters were a gamebreaker. With 1K towers though, and no idea where to get better gear, it sure seemed like that to me for awhile. Months later, and it's not a issue. A noob often goes through these feelings.

Same with Goblin boss. Who could possibly kill the boss and not die at least once?
Well, I can now, and its very easy. Only jumping under a bird to ship, or getting stuck mid air on top of an assassin are about the only way I die now.

As for Hackers and RNG. They are tied together, and I see hackers almost everyday now. Mostly it's the full sets of Ult 100 armor. I don't see very many weapon hacks, just lots and lots of Armor, which tell me that the RNG has many frustrated enough to cheat. I have reported 3 just this week, some I am not 100% sure about as the crazy loot system can possibly give you certain things. Just 4 perfect of those certain things I question.

Crystal stryker number 42.............................(I am counting)

All have been myth except 2. 1 sup (not usable) and 1 Ult 100 with 262 ups, Minus 125 health and a few other stats and will never match my past pwnshots.

42 of them............. Maybe I am not trying hard enough? my last one last night was up to 18, I did the build, kept things repaired, never died while someone else killed the boss. It was on HC. Not sure what else to do.

While trying to get one, guys be walking off with Buff Ult Steam Saws. Over 380ups, and 400 dps stats with 300 health. it's very common.

Mike.

Kids buy those games for the playstation. spend 60.00, and beat it in a day.

Or at least beat it within the first week. But DD isn't designed to be bested in a day or even a week. It appears to me with so many of those running around with hacked gear and having low hours of play time, that they haven't even experienced your frustration with RNG. They just couldn't beat it in a day or the first week, and so cheat so they can move on to their next one day game. It seems to me that there is a large segment of ADD types with the emphasis on a quick 'fix' and then move on to the next. Even if the RNG was the land of milk and honey, there would still be hackers because they don't want to go through a 3 hour survival run for gear. I would be willing to bet that very few if any of the buyers of hacked gear have ever gotten their trans survival achievement, and of those that did they used the cheap way to get it - even though they have stats that make it a cake walk. Yes there are issues with the RNG, but I can tell you that there were hackers shortly after the game came out in September 2011. And that was before RNG was a problem, because it is only a problem with the myth or better gear.

While RNG has issues, some gamers want quick wins and would cheat/hack even if RNG was perfect - simply because they want to beat it in a day or week and not in 500 or 1,000 hours of game time.

TL;DR: hackers will hack if they can't beat a game in a day/week, don't know if RNG is good or bad, and frankly they don't care.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would not want to go on first try and get the Stryker to end all Strykers. One that melts 60mil Hp ogres in seconds. I really don't want that.

However...................... Stryker number 42?

That is about 25-40 min a game, and granted some of those were split screens. It's not always 100% given that you will beat the boss on Sky City. I don't care how good you are. Guys come in a brag about never dying and they are the first to hit that bird on a jump, and down they go.

So, just adding the time spent to get one Weapons, the fact it is the last main boss shard map before CD. The fact I am on number 42 now.

One would think............... That a Stryker with 390 ups, 420 start dps stat and health with 12K starting damage would drop someday. Just one!!!

Now I noticed guys get real happy bout them steam saws with 400 ups and close to 500 dps stats.

I want a Stryker though.

Should be a have pity on me, hand it to you system. Where the game already knows your screwed the first 50 times, but on the 51st time your award is given.

Or someone from Trendy team has an alarm go off, they jump in your game and present it to you personally.

I want something like that in the next patch.

Mike.

I got a Good Wrench about 3 weeks after I stopped farming a few each day for ages..

was helping someone get the NMHC credit and then I got it, was uhm, shocked, to say the least

Why Trendy favored the Steam Saw over the rest is just a mystery to me. Just more proof that they have no clue as to how to do a RPG. I hope their next game has nothing to do with loot or picking up drops or rewards. RPG is not their thing. Since the original Campaign maps, they have really shown that they have no ability to make DLC's or addons.

42 Krystal crap Strykers is a little much. Not one over 300 ups, the highest out of the bunch was 265 what a decent trans is, and it was a Ult 100.

I am thinking Aliens have taken over, and the Original Trendy Team is now dead. Their next game is some sort of mind control for the rest of the gamers. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Mike.