Ask a question, Get an answer. Maybe.

Infinity Blade just went live on apple app store. So hopefully Dun Def wont be to long then you can give us our android fix =)

So TrendyEnt, you guys will release on the app store no matter what day of the week - unlike many other devs who wait for Thursdays?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So TrendyEnt, you guys will release on the app store no matter what day of the week - unlike many other devs who wait for Thursdays?

Yes... we will get it out the very moment we can :)

-Jer

Yes... we will get it out the very moment we can :)

-Jer

Nice :) I'm not totally sure I understand the whole 'Thursday is the best day to release' on the App store idea. This is the best reason I can come up with: A new game will have a lot of early adopters who have been watching and waiting for it (DD is no different :) ) There will be an initial rush on the first day of availability and the game will climb quickly on the top charts. By the time Friday afternoon rolls around and paychecks are deposited, the 'poor' early adopters will ensure that the game continues to sell well and while it remains high on the charts, devs hope that other people who just received their direct deposit and were originally unaware of the game's release will notice and take interest - helping to maximize the early reception and amount of time it spends in the spotlight.

I'm not sure how advantageous that is (but how would I know) or if that makes sense, but I'm glad you guys go against the trend!

I would ad to that, that Thursdays allow them 3.days to prepare for the games release (assuming it's a bigger one) while keeping Friday open for any critical patch they missed... Tho I've only seen a neckar day patch once.

Question, will you developed an easier way to trade then having both players online at hee same time?? I mean assuming that the adventure tavern is the major way we are going to trade...

No, players will have to both be online and in the adventures tavern to trade (you can trade things mid level, but you can not drop mana out of your bank outside of the tavern).

for iOS we support Touch4, 3GS, and 4.

No, players will have to both be online and in the adventures tavern to trade (you can trade things mid level, but you can not drop mana out of your bank outside of the tavern).

for iOS we support Touch4, 3GS, and 4.

And the iPod Touch 3rd generation.

And the iPod Touch 3rd generation.

But not the 8gig... Since that is the same as a generation2 with a firmware update...

Ie ipod3 that is 32 or 64gigs will work...

1q of 2011 no pls that cannot be true

The game is ready, some publisher (Microsoft suspected) is holding the game's release up.

It's less than a month away. Save your PSN points!

Yea 1q 2011 mean Janurary 1st 2011 to March 31st 2011... and the devs already said mid to late Janurary. Steam did this due to the date being pushed back a few times and this being a new developer. So like omega said, expect Janurary sometime

Will we be able to play user created maps and still level up on and offline? (on those maps)
For DD on the pc

Will we be able to play user created maps and still level up on and offline? (on those maps)
For DD on the pc

Yes and No, you will have an official online character and unofficial online/offline characters... anything gained on the user maps won't count towards the online account...

sorry if i ask this again ...

does the mobile (mainly for iphone and ipad) version support bluetooth / LAN game play ? so as that i do not need a gamecentre account to play

sorry if i ask this again ...

does the mobile (mainly for iphone and ipad) version support bluetooth / LAN game play ? so as that i do not need a gamecentre account to play

Android supports LAN play, but the initial version of DD:FW on iOS is GameCenter-only. We'll probably add LAN back and Bluetooth in a patch shortly after release though!

-Jer

Ok iv been monitering these forums for quite awhile and finall decided to create an account to get some quick questions answered, which hopefully haven't been already (didn't see on first page of this forum)
Ok here we go...
- do pets change appearance and grow as they level?
- the devs mentioned they loved diablo 2. Are there going to be extremely rare weapon drops that require an abundance of farming? Much like diablo
- possibility for an auction house, for said weapons? (May have been addressed already, sry)
- stats for leaderboard such as possible total kills, total levels beaten etc... are they per character basis? Or per account (as ill have one of every character probably)
- and I read that boss drops will be automatically put in your bank, but other than those, is loot shared? Or will it be like phantasy star portable, where loot is individual to everyone playing? As in an enemy drops a weapon for each individual playing, and the player can't see other players drops, if that makes sense

I think that's all the questions I had left, again sorry if they've been answered already, but thank you for your help!

- do pets change appearance and grow as they level?

They grown in size and get an extra sheen as they are levelled.

- the devs mentioned they loved diablo 2. Are there going to be extremely rare weapon drops that require an abundance of farming? Much like diablo

There are extremely rare drops that can only be on the highest difficulty and even then are rare. Farming is a relative term, but probably not as much as in other games.

- possibility for an auction house, for said weapons? (May have been addressed already, sry)

Nothing yet, maybe as we add more functionality post-release. There is the ability to securely show off items in your Tavern, however, before unlocking them for other players to pck up.

- stats for leaderboard such as possible total kills, total levels beaten etc... are they per character basis? Or per account (as ill have one of every character probably)

Per-character on PC. Per-account on PSN & XBLA.

- and I read that boss drops will be automatically put in your bank, but other than those, is loot shared? Or will it be like phantasy star portable, where loot is individual to everyone playing? As in an enemy drops a weapon for each individual playing, and the player can't see other players drops, if that makes sense

Loot is dropped on the ground, whoever gets it first can snag it. However, the weapons that are dropped are specific to which hero classes are in active play.

Sorry one more question kinda regarding matchmakiing.
For Xbox in particular, siince all your charactters are linked to your account, will you be able to change characters at the start of every new level? Or choose a character BEFORE you start the level?
For instance, you start matchmaking with your support character, but 3 other players join all using their "support" character, in that instance can you change your character without having to restart matchmaking??

Sorry one more question kinda regarding matchmakiing.
For Xbox in particular, siince all your charactters are linked to your account, will you be able to change characters at the start of every new level? Or choose a character BEFORE you start the level?
For instance, you start matchmaking with your support character, but 3 other players join all using their "support" character, in that instance can you change your character without having to restart matchmaking??

Yes, you can swap Heroes at any time through "The Forge" as long as you're not in an active "Combat" phase. You can also use this technique, validly, to gain the benefits of multiple Hero class' Defenses when soloing.

-Jer

:O unbelievable.
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on creating such an epic game, it seems like you've addressed any possible complaint someone could have, which is very impressive. You are awesome, and ilook forward to hopelessly being addicted to your game.

oh man oh man. i cant wait for the game to be released. what is apple doing man =( . And yeah i agree with you JRoasiegena that the devs are really doing a good job and very responsive too .

By the way any update from apple yet? even NOVA2 has a release date already. As days gone by i begining to worry that it wont be out on the 16th dec.

I realise that Ipad is actually running on a 256 ram instead of 512 ram (like an iphone4) . will it affect the smoothness of the game flow when there are like tons of enemy on the screen (mainly laggy) ? Or is it optimise to that of an ipad that it will not lag ?

thanks =)

oh man oh man. i cant wait for the game to be released. what is apple doing man =( . And yeah i agree with you JRoasiegena that the devs are really doing a good job and very responsive too .

By the way any update from apple yet? even NOVA2 has a release date already. As days gone by i begining to worry that it wont be out on the 16th dec.

No update yet sorry :(