Sign in to follow this  
KanibalKittN

Ask a question, Get an answer. Maybe.

So, now a tenative Feb release? Seriously? A little beyond frustrating now. Release delays, video delays... delay, delay, delay. Not a very promising start. Things like this can detroy a companies credibility before you even establish any. I understand that somethings are not in your control, but some are... steps should have been taken to prevent all this. Hope for your sake this all doesnt come back to haunt Trendy. Alot of "if's" and "maybe's" atm... not alot to be confident in. I'm not trying to be negative here, but the reality is that there is possibly at minimum 2 release delays so far. Huntress video that was said to have been released 2 weeks ago and before then even, still yet to be released, likely still a week away. Come guys, there is no consitancy here. Maybe a case of too many chiefs, not enough indians? Someone NEEDS to be in charge and take responsibility and see that things are met in a timely manor. Good luck, seems your going to need it.

@riddick ...no... For many reasons least upon I would have to help them in a nice manner and prolly couldn't award them points... Tho I am attempting to be nicer to the noobs.... Rather have more people then less...

As for 1, I'm not sure but we'll have a gamespy login name that is used to find each other, otherwise ign they have said much about names. For 2 there is single player, LAN, direct connect which you can use to play... So yes! As for 3, you do not need the interwebs to play... You do need it for updates and such but once you do it you can straight up play offline... I think, a deb can correct me if they wish.

I didnt mean an account name. I specifically mean a character name. This doesnt seem to answer my question of how duplicate names are handled... Trendy anyone?

Now that the game is submitted. Who handles the release?
Is DD:FW going to be released at the time of getting the thumbs up? (by the thumb people)
Or do you all at Trendy have the final say? If so, what time are you planning on letting us play it? Midnight?

Is DD:FW going to be released at the time of getting the thumbs up? (by the thumb people)
Or do you all at Trendy have the final say? If so, what time are you planning on letting us play it? Midnight?

Apple approves, it gets put in the shop...

@the name guy, that you have to wait for a dev to answer as my last reply is all they told us so far...

Also where is this guy getting a feb release date? From on of those sites that never update their release dates like steam or more like gamestop where they post any ol date and change it later??

I didnt mean an account name. I specifically mean a character name. This doesnt seem to answer my question of how duplicate names are handled... Trendy anyone?

Duplicate hero names are allowed -- they're always coupled with your online-service name which acts as the truly unique identifier.

-Jeremy

We'll release it as soon as it's approved by Apple.

-Jer

I have a few questions about character names... 1) Upon character creation, does the game have to connect to the internet and verify the names not in use? If not, how are duplicate names handled when online. 2) Is it possible to never have to connect to the internet to play the game to completion? 3) Does the game require internet connection at all after downloading? The reason for asking this is, if in the future I want to reinstall the game and there be no server to connect to for verification.

Internet connection isn't required to play any aspect of DunDef, except for Leaderboards usage and -online- matchmaking (you can also use LAN matchmaking w/o Internet connection).

-Jer

Duplicate hero names are allowed -- they're always coupled with your online-service name which acts as the truly unique identifier.

-Jeremy

So my characters name can be Po and my online name can be Op? I love the possibilities here.

So my characters name can be Po and my online name can be Op? I love the possibilities here.

If, in any case, you run into a login that allows you to use names under 3 characters, yes it can. If you look at the screenshots though, idk what it would do for you :P. The name layouts are not side by side, but rather ontop of eachother.

Internet connection isn't required to play any aspect of DunDef, except for Leaderboards usage and -online- matchmaking (you can also use LAN matchmaking w/o Internet connection).

-Jer

I don't like this... hwo do we know which Finally is the right one in game?

Oh, I think we'll know.

Because of your online username (which always displays wherever your hero name shows up), which on PSN/Gamespy/XBLA is enforced unique.

-Jer

If I play with Finally and he gives me noob points will I be able to spend those in game at some sort of secret shop?

Shall we make a post or thread dedicated to everything we know about the nature of DD Dungeon Raids?

If I play with Finally and he gives me noob points will I be able to spend those in game at some sort of secret shop?

Only if you know how to buy items... rofl.

Shall we make a post or thread dedicated to everything we know about the nature of DD Dungeon Raids?

Well we dont kno anythin about it other than its pvp and that its in really early stages accordin to tsuda. When we hav more details, sure ofcourse we can.

Im still intrested in what they hav to announce after the release of the huntress vid (or was it after the squire vid?), hopefully itll show off the dlc well be gettin

Only if you know how to buy items... rofl.

Top Mia Mia Mia Mia!!!!!

As for dunraid... Dundef hasn't even been released.... So let's wait til then at least guuyzzzz

Please keep discussion and posts in this thread dedicated to DunDef. For all other interests, use the Off-Topic area. This ensures new users are able to come here for Q+A, not random information. Thanks for your understanding.

Been watching this for a while now. Does anyone happen to know when Steam preorders open? Sorry if this has been posted. I noticed D2D and a few others have had preorders open for a while now. Is this under Valve's control? I'd love to get my preorder in b4 I'm outta money again :D

Been watching this for a while now. Does anyone happen to know when Steam preorders open? Sorry if this has been posted. I noticed D2D and a few others have had preorders open for a while now. Is this under Valve's control? I'd love to get my preorder in b4 I'm outta money again :D

Thank you for using this thread instead of startin a new one, welcome to the forums =). Steam preorder is not up yet at this moment since trendy is a new dev team, but the preorder should be up sometime in january about 2 weeks before the game is released.

Any news on new vids or anything? I dont want to lose interest in DunDef but with the delays and lack of new info I feel like this might be slipping off my radar.

Any news on new vids or anything? I dont want to lose interest in DunDef but with the delays and lack of new info I feel like this might be slipping off my radar.

-1000 Search Points

In a week or two they will show a new video on a different site... apple will feature the mobile one they already released here =O

-1000 Search Points

In a week or two they will show a new video on a different site... apple will feature the mobile one they already released here =O

Is that for the mobile game? If so let me rephrase. Whens the new info on the PC/Console game coming?