Ask a question, Get an answer. Maybe.

Your question may have been answered already. Read this first for an easy answer.

OK, so, here is a compilation of all the ANSWERS to the questions that have been asked. I thought it would make it easier for people to get an idea of the game that way, so i'll make the first post a Q&A sort of thing, without the "Q" part. If you miss the "Q" part, simply read each individual post. I'll put the page numbers the questions are on if u want to see them. The pages might be off a bit, because of them ending, and my original questions are being removed because they are all explained in the answers.

Page 1

-Your character level stays with you throughout the whole game, offline, and online. Equal use of towers and player action is required to play effectively, we don't require you do either, but that's entirely up to you.

-For servers, you can join randoms and randoms can join yours, you will be able to search for games, and choose as you please.

-Your Mana Bank will remain with your hero at all times.

-Although we are trying to make the game stats as perfect as possible, no one can predict the outcome until it is tested on a large scale. We are confident that the leaderboards will not be littered with 9,999,999 scores.

-Fimilars (Pets) can not die. Unless you feed them something wrong.

-Currently there are no plans for Kinect support -> We are not ruling it out. Just no plans for it yet.

-Max level is 60. Levels are independent to each character you make.

Page 2

-Games take time to go through approval processes by Sony/Microsoft, standards and compliance testing that can not be done in-house also takes time. If we could we would, but it's just is not viable.

-Both. As you can see from the screen shots, there are stats to upgrade for the player. Some of those stats relate directly to the towers. On the other hand, during the gameplay itself, you can spend Mana to upgrade the towers even further on an individual basis.

-You will be able to create a number of characters (probably up to a certain limit) with whom you can progress as you see fit.

-Yes, all players that are made locally will remain on the local machine. Hi, Thanks for the kind words.

Page 3

-The campaign is meant to be played 1-4 players (online or offline split screen / local)

-Although we dont call it a Campaign Mode, it pretty much is. Either way, you can complete it online or offline with as many or little amount of friends that you want (of have), up to 4 players at once of course.

-You're correct ArenDC, they are "different" DLC in terms of the familiars (pets) abilities, attributes, and look.

-You and your wife can play split screen on your PS3 while your brother plays 3 states away... In the same game =)

-Gamespy. Also, Gamespy is the only platform that would allow for PS3/PC connectivity, which as said in another post that its possible but we are not going to have that shipped with the game because we don't want to delay the game any further. It is a possibility in the future but we are not giving any Yes or No.

-I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure this is up to Steam, and if it is up to us, I don't see any reason why we wouldn't offer some sort of deal for a 4 pack.

-There will be some free DLC, some paid. Prices for DLC are not available at this time.

Page 4

-DLC will be bound to your account, but whether or not you will be able to access the same account via different platforms is something we have to wait for Tsuda (or another dev) to answer. My guess would be that since there is no cross-platform play established at that moment, that you would not be able to transfer your account from, say, XBox to PC and still maintain it. But wait to see what a TE'r says.

-Yes, Steam will get a pre-order up eventually, and yes, they will have their own pre-order DLC.

Page 5

-It seems to take about 40 hours to reach level 60, and that's still not the end of your character growth. You can level up & customize all of your equipment, and your familiar. You can also unlock all of the Crystal Cores, complete all of the Challenges and in so doing earn all of the Achievements which show up as Trophies in your Tavern, as well as secret equipments from doing so.

-Experience is earned by killing enemies, and winning various awards that can either be per-wave or per-level (and are permanently recorded in your stats). Winning awards most often takes some teamwork, such as not letting the core take any damage during a wave, completing a wave very quickly, doing a lot of repairs or team-assists, etc.

-We are aware that some classes may get more kills than others, as such this really comes down to if you decide to play more solo, in groups, etc. To take an example from World of Warcraft (old WoW that is) it was much easier to level one class than another. Since we dont record if a player "assists" another by killing the same enemy, we can not award such experience.

Generally if you go into it knowing you are more of an assist class, you should expect this sort of level progress.

Page 6

-Yeah "Dungeon Raid", as it was called, had an option either to use your saved heroes, or to use per-session heroes so everyone would start on a level playing field. It also allowed players to build "Creep spawners" which would send minions towards the enemy team's crystal core. It was about half-finished and quite fun, but not enough time to release it as part of the initial game (to get the critical balance right, etc). We'll definitely revisit completing it after Dungeon Defenders is out the door.

Page 7

-Yep, definitely will be a new demo prior to the PC and console releases. Don't want people thinking that the old "Dungeon Defense" prototype accurately represents the final "Dungeon Defenders" game in any way

-They'll be official new levels (though of course the game fully supports mod-makers' levels with matchmaking, even dynamically transferring them to clients upon connection), new special items that have unique functions, full new playable character classes, and new game modes such as Dungeon Raid. We are building in support so that DLC can add total new functionality which will dynamically transfer to the server in online play, rather than just being limited to cosmetic changes.

-Indeed the idea was to keep the art style as scalable as possible, especially since we have to support 4-player splitscreen, on the consoles. With that in mind, we were definitely influenced by Torchlight, LoL, among other games, though with Unreal3 we have been able to put more depth and shading into the environments due to Unreal's pretty advanced renderer, giving the game a semi-toon style of its own.

-I like TD's and I like RPG's, but both had something I wanted yet couldn't yet get within a single game: the strategy & tactics of TD's, and the character building, equipment, & persistence of RPG's. I wanted to play a TD where I could get into the thick of the action after I had laid out a masterful strategy, and I wanted to do it online with my friends. Hence, DunDef

-If you look closely in the video, some items have a red border around them, some grey, yellow, and green. If an item has the red border it is "of lesser quality" than your current item. Grey meaning it is not for your class which is weapon specific only (other class items wont drop if that class is not present in the game), yellow being of "similar quality", and Green being of "better quality". The green items are also marked by two little arrows so its easy to pick out of a crowd of items on the ground.

-The complexity of the gear only goes as far as that player stats screen you have seen in the video. Gear can upgrade any of those stats including defense. Swaping gear in the middle of the wave is just as easy as not in a wave, just hitting the equip button swaps the item.

-The complexity of the stats that are recorded are very plentiful. At the end of waves you i will receive a wave score, and any bonuses that you achieved during that wave. At the end of the level you will be able to access all the stats for that level and break it down by each wave for each player. I can assure you there is more information than most people even need.

-For your competitive urge, we have the leaderboards. You will never see the same scores on the leaderboards. Scores are calculated on a lot of different factors and all it takes is winning 1 wave, 1 second faster to beat the next players score below yours.

-When you die you respawn in 10 seconds. Every time.

-I should clarify that Weapons, in particular, can have a lot of statistics that are specific to the type of weapon (whereas Armor just has defenses of generic and elemental type, and then Character boosting capability). For example, guns have reload speed, shots per second, projectile speed, and various other gun-specific stats. Staffs have charge speed, knockback, number of simultaneous projectiles, and various other staff specific stats. Same for the other weapon types. Similarly so with Familiars, having Familiar-specific stats. So there are a ton of stats (all of which are upgradable), well beyond the handful which can be seen in the brief video snapshot.

-As for class-specificity, weapons are class-specific, but Armor and Familiars are not.

GO TO POST [COLOR="yellow"]#4[/COLOR] FOR MORE INFO (I ran out of room on this one :P)

Link to Tsuda's Q&A on IRC: http://www.forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?2793-Q-amp-A-with-Dev-Tsuda-on-IRC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an attempt to answer your questions effectively, I will use quotes for each question to that people looking on can follow easily.

-I know you gain experience throughout each level, but do the levels reset every time you start a new mission? Or does your level and experience carry on throughout the campaign?

Based on the information provided to us through the site, the answer to this would be that the gameplay would be similar to that of Borderlands or certain UMS games in previous RTS's. For instance, "SWAT" in WC3 provided players with the option of joining any game and using saved data regarding their character. And like in Borderlands, your Character and Difficulty would be the basis for your playing, not which level/area you are on/in.

[QUOTE]-Will the primary role of a character be to use THEIR skills to kill the enemies? Or will the game be heavily reliant on the Towers and Traps that each class can make?[/QUOTE]

Considering the game is.. "Combining the depth of strategic gaming with the satisfying action of RPG character building," I would imagine that the game will be mainly composed of base attacks distinctive to each class during which you can use various abilities, choose different auras/defensives, and act cooperatively with your teammates.

[QUOTE]-It is said that you can "team up with 3 friends". Does this mean that their will NOT be matchmaking services? Will you only be able to play with people on your friends list? Or will you be able to search for games to join?[/QUOTE]

This seems pretty self-explanatory assuming you have used Steam or any other engine or any online console apparatus. You will most likely be able to play with buddies, with random players who join your server, and even over LAN. The same goes for if you search games.. You will be able to join ones hosted by your friends, strangers, and on a local network. The "3 friends" comment is merely to let you know that the max players in a game will be 4.

[QUOTE]-Does your "Mana Bank" (place where you store your money) transfer from game to game? As in, is that the universal amount of money you have to spend? Or does it reset after each match?[/QUOTE]

As previously mentioned, this characteristic of play will most likely follow you as your character stats will throughout gameplay. In other words, you can stop playing a certain level, join various games, play at different times, and maintain your personal stats and money and items and pets and experience and ???????.

[QUOTE]-You mention loads of stats and leaderboards that will be visible online. Will you be able to edit the leaderboards post-launch to remove hacked or modded statistics? Or will this be another Modern Warfare 2 leaderboard where the first 400,000 places are all cheaters and nothing can be done about it?[/QUOTE]

To compare this game to MW2 is like comparing Scrabble to Yahtzee... it just shouldn't be done. You are also assuming that the creators and designers of this game are as inconsiderate as those that work in Activision. The difference is that this game is TE's first and foremost importance; it's success is pegged to the company's, and I'm sure they will do everything possible to make sure gameplay (and stats) are recorded fairly and without exploitation.

[QUOTE]-Will the pets, or "familiars", be able to die? And if they do die, will you need to get another one and level it up again?[/QUOTE]

Ugh..

Hope that helps with you initial questions.

Zeerimu pretty much answered all the questions, but I will briefly answer them myself. I will refrain from answering certain questions as things can possibly change before the launch of the game.

• Your character level stays with you throughout the whole game, offline, and online. Equal use of towers and player action is required to play effectively, we don't require you do either, but that's entirely up to you.
  • For servers, you can join randoms and randoms can join yours, you will be able to search for games, and choose as you please.
  • Your Mana Bank will remain with your hero at all times.
  • Although we are trying to make the game stats as perfect as possible, no one can predict the outcome until it is tested on a large scale. We are confident that the leaderboards will not be littered with 9,999,999 scores.
  • Fimilars (Pets) can not die. Unless you feed them something wrong.
  • I love free things. Like Icecream.
  • We are shooting for an early November release date.

Thanks for the questions, hopefully I was able to clear some things up for you. :monk:

THIS IS POST #4 (for more info :P)

-While the game is essentially completed, it has to be delayed on PC and console until January, with the demo on all platforms in January as well. Why is this? Let's just say, certain parties requiring platform launch windows & requirements to do a simultaneous launch...
Firstly, as we have already completed two beautiful DLC maps, several item packs, and new enemies -- rather than releasing them as DLC, we're going to put these additional into the initial version of the game. So your $9.99 core title just got quite a few more hours of gaming packed into it.
Secondly, we're going to make our first month's worth of post-release DLC packs post-release free for all platforms that permit it (this will include at least one additional level and our first new hero class).
I should note that the mobile versions (iOS and Android) are all going to launch in mid-December. And we're now supporting more Android platforms than just Tegra.
And if you own an iPhone or a high-powered Android device too, you'll get to play "Dungeon Defenders: First Wave" in December...

Page 8

IMPORTANT (for PC modders, i think)
-About the modding question, in terms of making levels everyone will have access to the same tools we used to make the levels. If you guys wanted to get started learning the tools ahead of time you can download the editor from here http://udk.com/download Once you got the tools down you'll have no problem making maps for Dungeon Defenders once it comes out

-There will definitely be some DLC pre-order bonus on PS3. What that will be exactly, whether it's the same items as the PC pre-order bonuses, has yet to be determined. All items & content will be made available on all platforms though!

Page 9

-weapons are the only equipment that change the apperance off a character, the other pieces (helmet, boots, gloves and chest) don't affect the look of your character. I know it would be a very cool feature but it's not possible due to lack of time :s

-You can customize your characters in other ways though, sort of how Borderlands works.

-Familiars also appear with your character (following your character around).

Page 10

-There are numerous ways you can progress your defender. there are a variety of different paths you can take regarding the stats and abilities of your character. The effectiveness of your choices will be determined by the number of people you are playing with, the composition of your group, and the strategies that you use.

-As for items, certain drops will grant a various number of bonuses that will aid in your decision regarding spec and build. As you said, these "little nuances let players go down unique roads". There will be main specs, hybrids, and even some things that you can't imagine would work, but actually do.

-The abilities area presents the player with the opportunity to increase the effectiveness of their hero's specialized attacks. These vary based on the hero you are playing. There are only 2 per hero; these points are only geared towards those moves.

-Various stats have different caps.

Page 11

-I believe "Reset Level Up" removes the points you have added in that leveling, not the entire set of points.

-You can distribute the level points amongst any of the green highlighted stats.

-Huntress invisibility has an activation cost and burning cost over time. Increasing this statistic will decrease the cost.

-Reset level-up resets the points you are about to spend on the current level up. Putting points into a particular statistic and applying that stat is not reversible.

Page 12

-As of right now, I do not believe that there will be items available for purchase like that of EQ2 or EVE Online. There will be DLC with and after the release of the game, but you will be unable to buy specific items, armor, and the like.

-Certain missions and accomplishments directly give you specific items and pets, as well as unlock new crystal cores.

Off-Thread Q&A

Since I already know the servers will be powered by Gamespy, will US players be able to play with EU players?

-Yep indeed they can, and all gameplay messages are also client-side localized, so it doesn't matter what language your host is running in, you'll be able to understand what's going on.

Hello,

I saw your game on GG and wondered if it is multiplayer only or is this game single player as well?

I rarely ever play online and wondered if it is a solo game as well, and if you can bring along some NPCs to help in game?

Thanks

-You can play by yourself, and the game has story sequences to encourage you to play through the Campaign, as well as various unlockables that add to the offline fun. You can't bring along NPC's though, except for your familiar buddy (which has some helpful AI). Also the game does have offline splitscreen play of course (including on PC), in case you don't want to get online.

I did not see this question previously so sorry if I missed or overlooked it.

I was wondering if the online multiplayer cross-platform ( console and PC versions can play together) ?

Thank you and really looking forward to this game!
dyslexicdavey

-We’ve been thinking about this too. It’s do-able, we have it prototyped at the studio — but probably not in the initial release since it would need more testing (don’t want to delay the game for that )

I read in another thread in this forum that the character data will be saved on the local machine, similiar to Borderlands, and my concern with this is possible hacking. Has this been addressed and is there a safeguard in place? If not, it will only be a matter of time before someone joins a room thats lvl 1200 or something (aka God Mode). Please let us eager gamers know that hacking will not be tolerated in this game.

Online reference here: http://borderlandsguide.com/forum/level-1677-glitch-bug-or-hack

-Dungeon Defenders allows you to kick and ban players from your server by gamertag on consoles. As for PC, at this time I can not say for certain what we plan to do. There will be basic protection against save editing, although, anyone with enough willpower can crack just about anything. We are trying our best to make a system that works well for everyone.

On that note, you will still be able to kick and ban on PC.

i mean bouth the Squire and Apprentice use bouth towers and blockades...but monk uses Auras and Huntress uses traps?
So Huntressa and monk cant build any towers or blockades at all?
Whell what i want to know is that how does monks auras and huntress traps work?
Does the huntress traps work like mines (you built them, they explode and you hafto built a new one) or do they have an cooldoown for that traps specific effect? for example you built an Gas Trap and activate it and all the monsters around it becomes stunned for the duration...then after like 30seconds or somthing you can re-activate the trap. If so can the monsters attack the traps?

And the monks aura does it work the same way as auras for heroes in warcraft3? or mabie they built an aura tower?

Allso im getting this game 100%...

-the huntress traps have an amount of charges (depending on how many points you spent in the tower health stat when you level up)
when an ennemy enter the area of effect of a trap, it explode, dealing damages and/or effects and the trap's number of charge is reduce by one .. when this number come down to 0, the traps disepear and you have to rebuild one ... you can use the repair tool to reload your traps before they dissapear.

the monk's auras are static spheres whose size depends of your "tower area of effect" stat. it also has an ammount of healtpoints (depending of your "tower health stat"). When an ennemy enters an aura, he suffers the effect of this aura and the aura health decrease slowly. the more an aura is used the more its life decreases quickly... you can heal your auras using the repair tool before their health decrease to 0. Aura can overlaps, so you can place an ensnare aura (who reduce ennemy speed) near an electric aura (who deals electric damage overtime) to deals great ammount of damages.

Is there any possibility that Dungeon defenders will come to mac on Steam?

Thanks,
Tyler

-answer pending :P

Oh, quick question for you:

How are you guys going to handle DLC installation for the PC? Will that be DRM Free also?

-Yes DLC will also be DRM-free. We trust ya!

Also,

TE, as read from certain posts on the Epic Games forums (Thank you, Hamiathes), is testing out a DotA, LoL, HoN, (w/e you want to call it) mode. They listed it as a 4v4 competitive tower defence. Here are the links, and once again, thank Hamiathes:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=27117469&postcount=2
http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=27190090&postcount=5
http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=27137687&postcount=4

Thanks for the answers: Zeerimu, Tsuda, Javahawk, ArenDC (kind-of), LBartley, JeremyStieglitz, Hamiathes, jerome, evilmrfrank.

Thanks for the questions: KanibalKittN, Hamiathes, ArenDC, RedJocke, Soliterary, Mystifistisk, Praxis9, Kerblam, LBartley, Clovenhoof, Deadset, ZachCraft, Faithful, Dyslexicdavey, KireDeath, Phranx, Alekevin, AceDeath, Emissary, wild9ride, ibjeremy, norlout, Tjdyo, deoren.

sorry if i missed anyone :P

GO TO THE NEXT POST FOR MORE ANSWERS

NEXT POST.

I'm not going to list page numbers anymore, as the good information after page 12 is extremely scarce and it would be a waste of space.

-That said, as you upgrade, your pets will grow, and your towers and weapons will visually glow with increased power.

-There will be certain challenge missions that you can unlock and complete, but these will take place on the maps you play throughout the campaign.

-The PC now has a chase-camera option with traditional 3rd person control method. Also, camera rotation in top-down view is handled either by going to the edge of the screen, or by holding a camera rotate button (RMB). All in all, the various methods cater to every taste of how camera control should work

-When using a game pad on the computer, your controls will mirror that of using an actual 360. As far as camera control is concerned. Right analog controls your character view while LB rotates your camera. Effectively, to turn your character with the camera always behind you, you have to hold LB while using RA.

-Yes, you can always change your Hero's colors, your Crystal Core, and your Crystal Core's colors.

-Yes on cinematics, and yes on PC Achievements (both on Steam with Steam Achievements, and for non-Steam stored directly in the game profile, which can be seen when you visit other players' Taverns).

-If you want to use online matchmaking, yes. You can create the (free) accounts through the in-game online menu. You can still join via direct IP connection as well.

-By default it's possible to build during combat You also do have infinite time in the build phase, by default. There are options to have limited build time, which is also required on the hardest difficulty.

-Additionally, there is another mode called "Pure Strategy", which does not allow any activity during the combat phase at all (no attacking and enemies won't attack you), you have to rely purely on your build-phase setup to defeat all enemies.

-Finally, there are various other modes (Survival, Challenges) and misc game options too... it's meaty!

-In standard gameplay, all players must "ready-up" before the combat phase begins

-You can have as many of the same class as you want in a game.

-there is a Challenge map that has you doing exactly this -- attacking a series of enemy bases, and their towers. If people like this, we'll create more such maps once the game is released.

-•This means that your familiar will be locked to your account, unable to be traded, bartered, pawned, adopted, etc, by other players, for obvious reasons.

-•A familiar's stat benefit will vary based on the different animals themselves. One dragon may award health, damage, and fire resistance while one gryphon might award casting speed, move speed, and electric resistance. These enhancements will also be based on the level of your familiar, an area I can't go into any further detail about.

-There are various methods in place to limit too-easy earning of XP and money, especially at the higher levels. There are over 55 Achievements, which also get represented as Trophies within your Tavern and on your Stats record as you earn them, and some of them are very, very difficult and/or time-consuming to earn

-Right, those 57 are in-game "Accomplishments" which correspond 1:1 with Steam Achievements and PlayStation Trophies. XBLA only allows 12 achievements, so those are collected from among the most interesting Accomplishments, and indeed one of the Achievements is actually to earn the "Legendary Defender" Accomplishment, which is earned when you earn all other Accomplishments!

-Keep in mind that Dungeon Defenders will retail for $10 =)

-You can trade money and equipment. Money for equipment. Equipment for money. We also have a safety system in place that allows players to show off the items they want to sell in their taverns without fear of someone coming in and stealing it. This also makes for some better trading transactions. At this time there is no player to player direct transfer system.

-Bosses grant much more XP than normal creeps. Boss XP is given equally to all players, with a special additional slight XP bonus (and Award) for whoever actually landed the killing blow

-Boss item drops, in particular, are put directly in each players' item box (as are Mission-awarded items), to avoid grubbers from quickly stealing all the dropped goodies.

-The Dungeon Defenders characters only speak in grunts and exclamations (like Link from Zelda!), so they don't need localization. The story narration VO has subtitles, and all game text is also localized.

-In the DunDef lingo, the Apprentice uses "Towers" whereas the Squire uses "Turrets" (all categories of "Defenses"). The difference is that the Apprentice Towers have a wider arc of fire and a much greater range than almost all of the Squire's Turrets, and also the Apprentice's Towers are generally elemental in nature -- meaning some enemies can be immune to certain Towers (a trade-off for their long-range). Of course, every individual Defense has particular properties, functionalities, & behaviors of its own, making every one rather distinct in its own right within those general categorizations

-As a further note with Auras, the more enemies/friends (depending on the Aura) they're currently active on, the faster they'll lose Energy. Furthermore, they lose a fixed amount of Energy over time during the Combat Phase.

-will you guys be making holiday themed maps?
Most likely yes, one for Christmas / NewYears this year and then so forth.

-If you join during a combat phase, you have to wait until the end of the combat phase to spawn. And until you first spawn, you don't gain any experience, or loot (dropped or directly-given). Also, the incoming number of enemies rescales as players join/leave, so you don't get screwed if someone leaves mid-game

-Yeah quantity/pace of enemies and in a few rare cases, types of enemies, vary with the number of players. Spawn locations are consistent (though in a few cases certain enemies will appear at other locations if you have more players, etc).

-While the heroes can find element-infused weapons which deal additional elemental damage, the elemental alignment of the various Defenses are constant -- at least with THIS set of Heroes

-Currently the Android version of DunDef only runs on next-gen Android devices using the Tegra2 GPU (they are not even on the market yet, but are expected this holiday season).

-Additional Heroes for DLC are definitely in the works, and they're pretty cool too

-Like the game itself, DLC will be inexpensive, you can expect something on the order of a new hero or level to be $1 or so, and most downloadable items considerably less. Bundles that include all DLC to date probably, that'll just come around as we get to regular post-release intervals where there'd be suitable new content to bundle together.

-Yes, enemies will try to avoid areas where lots of other enemies have died -- over the various waves, they'll eventually tend to hit every walkable point on their way to their main targets. Enemy AI also uses a range&damage based aggro & target prioritization system, so you can draw their attention with sufficient damage (and also certain Auras can have fun with this).

Different types of enemies, though, may be more or less prone to being aggro'ed away from their primary goals, and also with some enemies it depends on what they're doing. For example, a "regular kobold" is generally interested in blowing up only his original target when he activated kamikaze... whereas "crazy kobolds" will kamikaze onto any current aggro'ed target; a dark elf warrior is highly prioritized to take down players rather than crystal cores or defenses but will still attack them if sufficiently annoyed, etc. Ogres are dumb and more easy to aggro, but they have a short memory (their aggro recedes quite quickly). Over time, you get a good feeling for which enemies are more likely to be manipulated

-There's a browser to choose games, as well as an option for random matchmaking. The browser indicates ping, and a bunch of other information about the game and its heroes. Random matchmaking (called Quick Match) also tries to put you in with a host that has a good ping, among other criteria.

-Def some other interesting classes in the works, indeed they explore other typical RPG roles; I'll hint that one of them actually uses new monster units as his defenses

-We do indeed expect to release one new character class a month for the first year -- and there will be some -very- interesting ones coming up

-weapons (specifically) only drop for the character classes that are playing, and some rewards from Challenge Missions, Bosses, & Campaign victories are also class-specific. The other drops, though, are not specific in that way.

-You can kick & ban players from your server, and you can also set hero-level filters

-Auras don't really suck up Mana, they suck up their own HP over time, increasing with the amount of enemies it is affecting. If nothing is in it, it does continue to slowly degrade, but at a not so noticeable rate once you have some nice tower health.

-We're going to have two categories of Heroes you can create: official heroes and unofficial heroes. Official heroes can only play on unmodified maps which devs create. Online games can be flagged to allow either type, but not both (if allowing unofficial heroes, leaderboard placement will also be disabled).

-No pets dont carry anything and the space is not unlimited, carry wisely. (its quite big though)

CONTINUED ON POST #9

I know there is Playstation Move support, but will there be Xbox Kinect support? I'm not sure if im getting Kinect at all, but it seemed like a good question to me.

Currently there are no plans for Kinect support -> We are not ruling it out. Just no plans for it yet.

This has the potential to be a sticky pretty soon =)

Im going to go ahead and do that. As well as rename this thread.
:monk:

THIS IS POST #9

-Noting that the look of your weapon AND familiar customizes your appearance (as well as your color schemes). Weapons and familiars themselves have very much random color schemes and sizes, and of course a bevy of quality-randomized stats & elements (quality itself also affects the appearance of your item). Beyond that, we do have the system in place for all gear to affect in-game character apperance, so we'll make use of that more for post-launch content and DunRaid (and of course people's mods).

-Over 60 base weapon types now -- within that, much random variation. Many of the weapons actually -do- very different things (within a particular class) as well, in addition to having a bias towards certain base stats.

-If it's too much for ya, each character has a library of default names which can be randomly picked from

-You can store items permanently in your item box by "locking" them, which is a per-item toggle in your Item Box. You can also put items on the ground in your Tavern to show them off, where they'll permanently remain. You can prevent other people from picking them up when in your Tavern online by "locking non-owner item pickups" in your Tavern, which is the default setting (and then temporarily unlocking them when you wish to make a trade/sale)

-Can you move pets around characters in your account? Let's say i want to level a new class(from new dlc or not), can i move my high level pet from another character in my account to my new character?
Yep, using your Item Box as a transfer method between your characters.

-Are we able to use macros/customized keys to build towers with a push of a button? I'm sure you all have set keys already in place to build towers, but I'd like to be able to use my extra keys on my keyboard (Logitech G15).
Presumably yes by changing the hotkey bindings via the INI to the extra keycodes on your keyboard. We'll double-check this before releasing the PC version though.

-Is there a mini radar map in the game? - showing youself, team-mates, turrets, monsters and etc as colored dots in a mini map top corner of the screen.
Yep, exactly

-You can kick people and they won't be able to rejoin until you restart your session. You can also host private matches, and with game-center you can invite people in (on Android they become unlisted games and need to be looked up by your GameSpy ID, and can be password protected).

-I've got a question, can you play the mobile version without being hooked to any network and still get armor/earn items for your char... Say if you were in airplane mode?
Yes, of course!

-we support using separate individual PSN User ID's / PlayStation profiles simultaneously on the same console, with individual save data etc.

-Will I be able to run the mobile version on my Pandigital Multimedia eReader, or if not that my Droid Eris? Both have an Android OS, and I would love to be able to buy it for either/or both if I can.
Unfortunately no Chi-Ro, DunDef will not run on either of those Android devices. The reason is that they don't support OpenGL ES 2.0, which is necessary for the mobile version of Unreal Engine 3 on which DunDef is based.

-Yup we're working with a well-known company to have a hard-copy retail PC release by February 2011. More details on that later

-There are two control schemes. I like to call them Pro and Noob. Basically one scheme allows you to strafe and be more agile while the other is a more simplistic scheme.

-that's only the case for -enemy- projectiles. Friendly projectiles, whether from weapons or towers, do indeed travel through allied defenses

-Duplicate hero names are allowed -- they're always coupled with your online-service name which acts as the truly unique identifier.

-Internet connection isn't required to play any aspect of DunDef, except for Leaderboards usage and -online- matchmaking (you can also use LAN matchmaking w/o Internet connection).

-No, players will have to both be online and in the adventures tavern to trade (you can trade things mid level, but you can not drop mana out of your bank outside of the tavern).

-for iOS we support Touch4, 3GS, and 4.

- do pets change appearance and grow as they level?

They grown in size and get an extra sheen as they are levelled.

- the devs mentioned they loved diablo 2. Are there going to be extremely rare weapon drops that require an abundance of farming? Much like diablo
There are extremely rare drops that can only be on the highest difficulty and even then are rare. Farming is a relative term, but probably not as much as in other games.

- possibility for an auction house, for said weapons? (May have been addressed already, sry)
Nothing yet, maybe as we add more functionality post-release. There is the ability to securely show off items in your Tavern, however, before unlocking them for other players to pck up.

- stats for leaderboard such as possible total kills, total levels beaten etc... are they per character basis? Or per account (as ill have one of every character probably)
Per-character on PC. Per-account on PSN & XBLA.

- and I read that boss drops will be automatically put in your bank, but other than those, is loot shared? Or will it be like phantasy star portable, where loot is individual to everyone playing? As in an enemy drops a weapon for each individual playing, and the player can't see other players drops, if that makes sense
Loot is dropped on the ground, whoever gets it first can snag it. However, the weapons that are dropped are specific to which hero classes are in active play.

-Yes, you can swap Heroes at any time through "The Forge" as long as you're not in an active "Combat" phase. You can also use this technique, validly, to gain the benefits of multiple Hero class' Defenses when soloing.

-1) Defense Base Damage affects the strength of the Aura -- for Heal aura, it's how much it heals. For Strength Drain Aura, it's how much it reduces enemy strength. For Ensnare Aura, it's how much it slows enemies down. For Enrage Aura, it's the likelihood of Enraging an enemy which enters it.

-2) For the Monk, Defense Attack Rate only applies to the Electric Aura and the Heal Aura, and affects how rapidly it harms enemies or heals allies.

-Various weapons have different Chi colors (same for the Mage staffs) -- in a subsequent update, those colors will each have a special effect. But as of now, they're just a visual change.

-Is it possible to heal your Eternia Crystal during the attack phase?Nope. It auto heals on most difficulty levels between waves.

What is the maximum level (if there is one) that any character can get?

Are levels carried on throughout all the characters, or do you have to start at level 1 if you switch your role?

Max level is 60. Levels are independent to each character you make.

What is the name of the evil evil console company that won't let you release until Nov. 1st :(?

Games take time to go through approval processes by Sony/Microsoft, standards and compliance testing that can not be done in-house also takes time. If we could we would, but it's just is not viable.

"Getting Kills and Completing Waves earns you experience points, which can be used to upgrade your character, your skills, your equipment, and your Towers on a per-statistic basis..."

When you upgrade your towers, does that mean you upgrade that specific "skill" and then any towers that you placed like that will be upgraded? Or does it mean that you physically select the tower and upgrade it individually?

"Getting Kills and Completing Waves earns you experience points, which can be used to upgrade your character, your skills, your equipment, and your Towers on a per-statistic basis..."

When you upgrade your towers, does that mean you upgrade that specific "skill" and then any towers that you placed like that will be upgraded? Or does it mean that you physically select the tower and upgrade it individually?

Both. As you can see from the screen shots, there are stats to upgrade for the player. Some of those stats relate directly to the towers. On the other hand, during the gameplay itself, you can spend Mana to upgrade the towers even further on an individual basis.

I noticed that on Impulse and Gamersgate you have pre purchase DLC. Are there also gonna be that for the Steam version??

Max level is 60. Levels are independent to each character you make.

But how many Character can you make? And if it is a max limit. can Console ppl buy more slots? for we PC ppl just need to buy a new game. or maybe buy more slots also?

I noticed that on Impulse and Gamersgate you have pre purchase DLC. Are there also gonna be that for the Steam version??

I would also like to know this please. ;)

I would really like to know if my friends can locally save their own character when we play offline co-op (a la Borderlands).

Hi btw ^^ first post! Saw your game's trailer today and together with Magicka you're my top most anticipated games for now. :D

But how many Character can you make? And if it is a max limit. can Console ppl buy more slots? for we PC ppl just need to buy a new game. or maybe buy more slots also?

As much as I dread using WoW as a reference, DD will most likely employ a similar character playing function as Blizzard established. You will be able to create a number of characters (probably up to a certain limit) with whom you can progress as you see fit.

Maybe you have 2 groups that you play with, a two-man team and a four-man team, and each group requires you to play a different role due to the nature of the number of people. Thus, you could have 2 different heroes that you can progress through the game with, each gaining their own mana, experience, items, pets, etc.

All Pre-orders will recieve the same DLC.

I would really like to know if my friends can locally save their own character when we play offline co-op (a la Borderlands).

Hi btw ^^ first post! Saw your game's trailer today and together with Magicka you're my top most anticipated games for now. :D

Yes, all players that are made locally will remain on the local machine. Hi, Thanks for the kind words.

Will we be able to complete the Campaign Mode with other players (online), or is it single player (offline)?

The campaign is meant to be played 1-4 players (online or offline split screen / local)

Will we be able to complete the Campaign Mode with other players (online), or is it single player (offline)?

Although we dont call it a Campaign Mode, it pretty much is. Either way, you can complete it online or offline with as many or little amount of friends that you want (of have), up to 4 players at once of course.

All Pre-orders will recieve the same DLC.

You sure?? On Impulse they say you get a baby griffon while on Gamersgate they say you get a baby green dragon. (If each DLC then should be unique then any ideas as to what the steam version is gonna give?)

You sure?? On Impulse they say you get a baby griffon while on Gamersgate they say you get a baby green dragon. (If each DLC then should be unique then any ideas as to what the steam version is gonna give?)

You're correct ArenDC, they are "different" DLC in terms of the familiars (pets) abilities, attributes, and look.

The campaign is meant to be played 1-4 players (online or offline split screen / local)

Although we dont call it a Campaign Mode, it pretty much is. Either way, you can complete it online or offline with as many or little amount of friends that you want (of have), up to 4 players at once of course.

Hi. I'd like to play this game on PS3 locally with my wife and online with my brother at the same time. Does this game support local/online multiplayer? I hope my question makes sense.

Hi. I'd like to play this game on PS3 locally with my wife and online with my brother at the same time. Does this game support local/online multiplayer? I hope my question makes sense.

You and your wife can play split screen on your PS3 while your brother plays 3 states away... In the same game =)