Sign in to follow this  
cirion0000

Best option to farm perfect kobolds?

Hi all, I am trying to find the best way to farm perfect kobolds. Can anyone tell me which of these three options are the most efficient (best chances)?

Insane NMHCMM (or just NMHC)
Insane Pure Strat
Nightmare Pure Strat

I can't win Nightmare NMHC or NMHCMM yet so those are off the table. So which of those three are the best chances? thanks

Insane HC. MM doesn't affect reward drops, only item drops. I hear NM is bad because kobolds over roll too much. And HC just for more experience..

[[1565,hashtags]]

Day map released, most of my Kobolds had 600 stats. 4 times through and done. I was able to equip all my builders with 600 tower stat Kobolds. No perfect ones, but all that I kept were able to upgrade to 600.

Not sure about drops now.

Nightmare NMHCMM

4 Kobolds.
Not one over 200 stats.
Not one Ult drop both times, not even Weapon.

won't do it again.

Mike.

NMHC will have the best chances of perfect Kobolds, period. There's no such thing as rollover on hero stats, only a piece of code that intentionally makes stats negative - and the chance of that negative is the same regardless of what the stat rolls to, as long as the stat is over 150. If your insane kobold's stats are regularly over 150, they pretty much have the same chance of being negative as a nightmare kobold.

If you can't do NMHC, NM regular or NM pure strat will have equal rewards. Mix Mode won't affect the kobolds in the slightest, so don't worry about that.

[QUOTE]If you can't do NMHC, NM regular or NM pure strat will have equal rewards. Mix Mode won't affect the kobolds in the slightest, so don't worry about that. [/QUOTE]

We are to assume that you have run Taven NMHCMM?

We are to assume that you have run Taven NMHCMM?

You are to assume that I know, as a fact, that mix mode will never affect a survival pet.

The function the game uses to give out survival pets never checks mix mode.

You are to assume that I know, as a fact, that mix mode will never affect a survival pet.

The function the game uses to give out survival pets never checks mix mode.

While you're here, what boost does MM give to drops?

btw omnix, Dingle checks the code and checks it twice. He knows what's up. ;)

By the default values, it starts at adding roughly 10% to the value of the wave number, but it's worth proportionally less when you start adding in factors like NM and HC. That line of code is essentially (wave number / scaler) * (Base Multiplier + MM Multiplier + NM Multiplier + HC Multiplier), so the more modes you have on, the less bonus each gives proportionally (a little diminishing returns).

At best it's about 10%. At worst (with default values), it can be worth as little as 5%. I think I calculated it as 2% for NM HC MM Palantir a long while back, using the values from DDDK's data for that map.

Whether MM is worth using is down to if you can consistently beat it, really. Sure, 2-5% isn't a very large bonus, but if you're beating the stage easily with MM on, you may as well take it.

Ed: I'm not really giving an explanation of what the %'s are meaning here... simply put, MM is worth 2-10% of the final multiplier used by the RNG to determine stat rolls (all stats except resistances and SPS/projectiles). So if your multiplier/final stat roll is 20 without it, it's 20.4~22.0 with MM on. Matters more for weapons and accessories than armor in the endgame, because armor multipliers cap low enough that pretty much all DLC maps can reach the multiplier cap on NM HC.

[QUOTE]You are to assume that I know, as a fact, that mix mode will never affect a survival pet.

The function the game uses to give out survival pets never checks mix mode. [/QUOTE]

I don't recall mentioning Mix mode effecting pets.

What I said was that Tavern NMHCMM to wave 35 produced 4 of the worse Kobolds I have ever gotten. The Map itself Produced horrible drops when compared to Kings.

Now if you never run the map to 35 on NMHCMM at least once, then I question what you know about it. Mix Mode is just what we happened to put it on. Nothing to do with Kobolds, if you follow.

The test was to examine a few statements from others that they get all their nice sets of Ult armor to outfit all their characters with on the new Tavern map Mix mod. The Kobold was just a crap reward, far worse than any insane ones I have picked up. The map is balls to the walls hard. 4.2K towers, and 3K boost monks both crystals. If you die, it's over. That also validates the fact I would like to see someone just run summoners as they claimed they did to get all those wonderful Ult armor drops that are not there.

Mike.

btw omnix, Dingle checks the code and checks it twice. He knows what's up. ;)

Where can one see the code? Is it part of the DDDK?

I've been wanting to get a look at how some parts of the game work and this would be a massive help in that.

Where can one see the code? Is it part of the DDDK?

I've been wanting to get a look at how some parts of the game work and this would be a massive help in that.

Yes the DDDK can teach you many things if you know how to use it witch i have no freaking clue how to do my self LOL.

Thanks guys. So I got close to winning on NMHC tavern not long ago, and with refined strat I think I can do it. But probably only with one character. It is way too hard for me to even consider running multiple boxes yet.

Alternatively, I can run 4 boxing of NM pure strat to get 4 kobolds at once. Are my chances at getting a perfect kobold better with four slightly lower quality kobolds per run versus the one of NMHC? Keep in mind too that I can easily start at wave 28 no problem on NM pure strat saving a lot of time further, on NMHC survival I'd have to start much lower to get things upgraded sooner. I seem to have the worst luck in general though. I have done many runs of Talay and never got perfect rocks either. Maybe my luck will change soon. I did get a 407 upgrade Classic staff from boss rush the other day though, which I was happy about. My monk is going to get retired soon as such (can't wait to be using that)

Alternatively, I can run 4 boxing of NM pure strat to get 4 kobolds at once. Are my chances at getting a perfect kobold better with four slightly lower quality kobolds per run versus the one of NMHC?

NMHC is, at best, 50% higher multipliers on the Kobolds, and depending on how close they already come to the cap, could be less than that.

So, considering you can beat NM with 4 players vs NMHC with 1, that's 4 kobolds at 100% base chance of a capped stat, or 1 kobold with 150% base chance of a capped stat. NMHC doesn't even double your chances of a perfect kobold, so taking 4 chances at a lower rate is probably better, at least until you can beat NMHC with 3 or 4 players active.

@omnx: What I'm saying is there's literally no difference in RNG for a kobold from NM HC MM as compared to one from NM HC. Saying "Mixed Mode gave me a terrible/great Kobold" doesn't mean anything, because Mixed Mode didn't change anything about that kobold - that's just RNG being RNG.

So regular NM survival and NM pure strat have same chances?

Pure Strat won't affect reward pets.

It'll decrease regular drop quality, but not the pet rewards.

Apparently pure strategy on this map is ridiculously easy.

[[1565,hashtags]]

I havent touched a PS since I went through the achievement as drops are hideous and its too time intensive. Anyone tried it on TD?

I havent touched a PS since I went through the achievement as drops are hideous and its too time intensive. Anyone tried it on TD?

I've afk it during sleep once. And my stats where arround 1k. Squire, summoner, ev and monk. Start on wave 28

Pure strategy is interesting on this map Sharken show up on wave 13 and up on insane I have not ran it on NM PS though.
I asked if this was intentional or a glitch and got ignored big time!
Guess ill give NM a go and see what happens.

EDIT:
Ran NM Pure stratagy got 2 horrid kobolds.
No sharken showed up but it did keep announcing the arrival of Ogres yet I saw not a one.

All Though I do NOT despute that NM HC Survival has the best odds of perfect Kobolds Technicialy speaking.

Insane HC survival has been the kindest to me.

Pure stratagy on insane gave me crud on PS on NM were better but still crud and I have no were near the balls to clear NM HC survival so Insane HC bound am I!

NM PS was very kind to my trapper ranger in the exp department though he went from 78-81 during 1 full run and probably a good distance torwards 82.
Seems like a very nice PS map to level builders.

Apparently pure strategy on this map is ridiculously easy.

[[1565,hashtags]]

I am pretty sure this is because of no Goblin Coptors (last time I did it anyway). The drops were pretty terrible when I did it on NMHC.

As for as PKOATs still dropping, I can definitely tell you that they do. I got my first one 2 days ago. For me, the drop rate for a PKOAT is about 1/40. I did receive a number of very usable KOATs but only 1 perfect one.