Upgrading things with 1 starting damage ?

Hey there

I would have wanted to know WHY things can't be upgraded when they spawn with a base stat of 1.

It's understandable for upgrades, if it's 1/1 that's normal. but for THAT...

(also one of my friends complains about the lack of projectiles for the same weapon.)

Not enough projectiles indeed! Also, I'm not sure why somethings won't upgrade. I have a myth hunt weapon spawned at 368 twr dmg, won't let me upgrade that when myths should go to 400.

the lack of projectiles, I meant the total absence of projectiles, he has a 320^ halberd with good stats, but no projectiles! D:

and mine could have been very cool, but well... RNG trolled me very hard today

Hey there

I would have wanted to know WHY things can't be upgraded when they spawn with a base stat of 1.

It's understandable for upgrades, if it's 1/1 that's normal. but for THAT...

(also one of my friends complains about the lack of projectiles for the same weapon.)

Specifically, damage stats only upgrade if the stat itself is above 0; most weapons have a base damage of 100-400, and the RNG roll being negative can reduce that below 1, which renders the stat un-upgradeable. When applied to other functionality, if the damage is below 0, it gets boosted up to 1 for calculations, but for upgrading the item, a high enough neg on the RNG roll will make it impossible to upgrade the stat.

Code-wise, you're looking at "If (base damage + RNG damage > 1) then (allow upgrade)"

Not enough projectiles indeed! Also, I'm not sure why somethings won't upgrade. I have a myth hunt weapon spawned at 368 twr dmg, won't let me upgrade that when myths should go to 400.

Mythical and below only upgrade to 360. They can spawn up to 400.

In the same way there's no spawn cap for higher qualities - it's common for Trans equipment to spawn above the upgrading limit, and possible for Supreme on some item types.

Code-wise, you're looking at "If (base damage + RNG damage > 1) then (allow upgrade)"

Ahhh

I understand now, thanks for the explanation :)

Myth stats cap at 360 manual stat upgrades
trans 420/supreme 500/ultimate and ultimate 93 is 600 ultimate + is 700

Myth stats cap at 360 manual stat upgrades
trans 420/supreme 500/ultimate and ultimate 93 is 600 ultimate + is 700

Ya the 400+ myth stats are only on armor with set bonus

[[1565,hashtags]]