Magus Quarters NMHC Survival

Finally completed this with two dps at around level 74ish (thanks guys :)) and i had to switch to my monk towards the end for a weak tower buff. Yay!
I had been using this as my benchmark but i now need a new one.
What is a good level for nmhc survival so i can measure my progression? or my next challenge so to speak? the next map in the chain? alchemical lab?
also am i right in thinking a tower buff monk will be a must towards the end?

DPS monks are amazing as they do nice damage along with great buffs too. I'd recommend one if you have yet to get one.

As for survival, I don't know your stats so in terms of myth gear I'd say try NMHCSurv Throne Room or Mistymire Forest on campaign. You may or may not manage to complete Mistymire, but the loot you get from the waves/chests may prove to be useful.

I used to run Magus and ALch Labs when breaking into NM, ALch labs isnt much harder with MM on either (or wasnt back then), I found that large Aura Radius is really required for both ALab and TRoom.

You should be able to get to ~wave 12 Misty though (more if you have a summoner)

thanks guys, to answer some questions
yes i have a summoner, a dps monk but with bad buffs, a dps jester (fun!), and an ev, plus the other usual suspects squire etc

my stats are nudging 1.5k on most for one maybe two stats but its the armor upgrades i need to push these.

So campaign misty then for loots? and crash others kings/tavern defense if possible

I farmed the hell out of Alchemy labs, then moved onto the Throne room. I actually found Alchemy to be easier than Magus Quarters. Maybe, I just couldn't figure out a build for MQ. :P

I actually farmed quite a bit of trancedant weapons and armor from the throne room (took a really long time...) on NMHCMM. Not bad for an easy map.

I think I was farming on Throne room with less than 1.5k stats on all builders. I think alchemy is possible with 1k stats, but need all builders.

Campaign Misty is shait, just go NMHC(MM) Misty, you won't finish it wholly but you should get to 20+

without doing campaign misty you wont get through the first wave because it wont be there.

without doing campaign misty you wont get through the first wave because it wont be there.

hehe :-) I've got that one unlocked

Ive been getting some solid trans on misty lately. when you get there go mix mode and make sure to have items to level in between waves as you'll pull 100m +/per in the last few waves.

right it seems i don't have it unlocked :-(
so on campaign i am finding getting to the spider queen is a breeze but she has over 50 million hp and i can't kill her as she eats my defenses
the best dps i have can manage is 1 million in the tavern so basically nothing in nm but that is a monk and he gets webbed so is useless against the queen

Any ideas?

Sure, invite me in tomorrow night and lets blast her down. We shall step over her ashes into the land of virtual wealth and prosperity. Good plan?

The Ramparts was the map I used to break into the shards maps :)

It's a very nice, and very easy map to defend, since there's only 3 major chokes, and mobs have to come down long pathways to reach the crystals. For example, my build.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=5903,nm-ramparts-survival-test

Yes, you can get away with a 2 DU wall in the north. IF you really need a 3 DU wall, get rid of the Reflect protecting the MM and elongate the wall. It works very well if you have good Aura stats. Move the gas traps so mobs are stunned within the auras. Ogres are the main gas trap triggers.

Edit: also forgot that copter Ogres can get stuck on the roof, making them harmless.