Insane+ Questions

First off this is directed toward someone who actually knows what they are talking about. I'd like an answer from Trendy not some player who claims to know it all.

What exactly is the point behind Insane+? Does it give better items? Does it even give better experience?
Why does your Insane Normal Score show for Insane+?

I have done the math with the experience and seen items from it. They are in my opinion no better. Experience is the same after all bonuses are added up. This is coming from someone who just recently used his other account to see if there was a TRUE difference. I'd appreciate an answer to these questions. Because personally Trendy has shown a lack of customer service except to the PC players. My friends quit because of it, they went to a different game. Sorry but I just don't see a difference in Insane and Insane+. Trendy please answer these questions at least attempt to.

Thank you and I do enjoy the game just hate not having friends who play it anymore.

first off im not a trendy employee, but i feel compelled to reply anyway. In my oppinion insane+ wasn't scaled to characters. it was a feature that trendy added as a bonus. we got it for free, and nobody is required to play insane+, but if insane doesnt challenge you enough than you have a harder difficulty to tackle. its not proven to get better loot, but all my really good items are a result from insane plus, not to say i couldnt have gotten them on isane. xp is definately better. and to answer your question why insane+ score is your insane score is because insane+ is just a modified version of insane. it would have taken too much space in the patch to add a totally different difficulty level.

with all due respect if you wanted just a responce from trendy than you should have sent a pm or an e-mail.
but if your lookin for people to play with there are still great players. my psn is below feel free to send a message if your lookin for players to run maps or start a thread in trading and grouping

What exactly is the point behind Insane+?

Easy, its an added difficulty so win win.(seriously who complains about free added content?)

Does it give better items?

I don't know

Does it even give better experience?

If you do the math right, theres a pretty big difference. were talking millions.

Why does your Insane Normal Score show for Insane+?

Gamerjunkee explained it best.

Thank you and I do enjoy the game just hate not having friends who play it anymore.

Make new friends(like me!)

Seriously though, of all things to complain about you picked insane +. It was free! and it does exactly what its suppose to do. Right now I feel like i'm in mortal kombat and i just won. All I hear is "FINISH HIM". LOL

I don;'t see why people are moaning about insane plus, it's an extra we we're given from free, none of the other modes were taken away, if you don;t like it, don' t play it you do get more experience and you do get better items from chests, i'm not to sure about level completion weapons because i've not got anything better on insane plus that i did on regular insane

Free content oh wow and I've not seen any decent gear drop from Chests off Insane+. The experience to me seems like the same, only difference is they completely overhauled the mooks. Likelihood of them answering this, ZERO. Which I figured considering Trendy doesn't give a rats behind about any of their players outside of the PC. Just like most other gaming companies who design a game for other platforms. PC will always take precedent over the Consoles in Customer Service/support issues. Another thing, I rather not email them because it's likely they won't respond to it either. I'm glad my other gaming companies of choice devs/designers do answer specific questions. Not like I'm asking for a lot just some simple answers.

Free content oh wow and I've not seen any decent gear drop from Chests off Insane+. The experience to me seems like the same, only difference is they completely overhauled the mooks. Likelihood of them answering this, ZERO. Which I figured considering Trendy doesn't give a rats behind about any of their players outside of the PC. Just like most other gaming companies who design a game for other platforms. PC will always take precedent over the Consoles in Customer Service/support issues. Another thing, I rather not email them because it's likely they won't respond to it either. I'm glad my other gaming companies of choice devs/designers do answer specific questions. Not like I'm asking for a lot just some simple answers.

Start playing insane+ on summit glitter moraggo and misty thats where youre going to get good armor and higher xp if you keep farming deeper well which is what it sounds like you are doing then of course you wont get any xp or loot

i understand the way you feel. but its a $15 game. You do get 3x's the xp, and how can you say TE wouldnt respond to your email when you obviosly havent triied. You have just started a smear campaign on a public forum where trendy doesnt necessarily read every hour to answer your questions.

I rather not email them because it's likely they won't respond to it either. I'm glad my other gaming companies of choice devs/designers do answer specific questions. Not like I'm asking for a lot just some simple answers.

Did the other gaming companies read your mind? Cause how can Trendy answer specific questions you never asked in an Email or Private msg. You posted on a public thread and we gave you probably the best answers your going to get. It just doesn't make sense to me that you have a problem with the one thing that truly works in this game.(insane plus) You could of picked so many other issues that are present in game and I would of agreed with you 100%, but insane+ works fine.

Insane plus seems hard at first, but once you play it enough it'll feel exactly like insane..everything needs getting use to.

Insane plus seems hard at first, but once you play it enough it'll feel exactly like insane..everything needs getting use to.
excactly this. its like playing insane with level 70 characters again.

first off im not a trendy employee, but i feel compelled to reply anyway. In my oppinion insane+ wasn't scaled to characters. it was a feature that trendy added as a bonus. we got it for free, and nobody is required to play insane+, but if insane doesnt challenge you enough than you have a harder difficulty to tackle. its not proven to get better loot, but all my really good items are a result from insane plus, not to say i couldnt have gotten them on isane. xp is definately better. and to answer your question why insane+ score is your insane score is because insane+ is just a modified version of insane. it would have taken too much space in the patch to add a totally different difficulty level.

with all due respect if you wanted just a responce from trendy than you should have sent a pm or an e-mail.
but if your lookin for people to play with there are still great players. my psn is below feel free to send a message if your lookin for players to run maps or start a thread in trading and grouping

Hes right. The loot stats(tower attack, hero attack,etc,) can start off over 10 which on insane or lesser difficulties 9 is the maximum. If you want to see the 3x experience than try to get a couple of friends and do the 1st wave of mistymire getting the 3 bonuses on both difficulties and youll see for yourself.

only if you have high leveled enough characters like your 90 app. and some of the reasons behind insane plus are that on console we need even more experience to leel up than on pc but we didnt have any nightmare or hardcore mode to make it easier/faster and that many of us could even solo all the dlc back then (up to aquanos) so thanks to some high respected community members(event hosts and such) that pointed it out to trendy top-dogs (no offense) we got to see this difficulty born. top two ftw reasons lol =P

I've actually did a few farms on Insane+ and the junk I get from chests looks all the same. Spent 3+ hrs and got one piece of gear in all my runs that was worth keeping. As for emailing Trendy, I've done it before. It took over a week for them to respond in order for me to have my forum access to post here. Not to mention I recently lost all my trophies because Trendy doesn't have their trophies syncing with PSN. The only up side to Insane+ for me is the factor of watching people do it. If my friends were to come back, I'd be more than happy to farm all day. But leveling is like pulling teeth right now. My tower Builders are still sitting respectively at 74 from doing repeated GHC Insane Pure Strat until Wave 17. None the less, I don't feel compelled to do MM Insane+ because of my recent experiences with it. Lack of decent gear drops...otherwise I'm pleased with the decent experience gain for one Wave. It's not what I'm use to gaining since I usually don't play 1 Wave Restarts.

Sorry for the hassle, I figured since Trendy ran the forums maybe they would read this at least give it a look and maybe a few answers from them. Any how, add me if you want someone to play with. My characters aren't the best, I've not really be playing Dungeon Defenders much except when my servers for my other games are down. Have fun, run your stuff do whatever. I personally will stick to my Insane Glitter Pure Strat runs until I figure a better way to gear up.(Currently farming Undying Rods from Morrago)

Insane plus is where you will get the best gear from chests but the chances are if you do find something decent you'll need higher level characters to use it anyway, not sure why your doing pure strat for experience if you can get to wave 17 you should easily be able to do the normal campaign mode with afk characters, you'll get exp a lot faster, also the drops on pure strat are worse than the normal mode, if that's where your farming i can see why your having problems

and i think the xp on insane plus is x2 not x3, it's supposed to be x3 because thats what it says in the patch notes but it's not

I sent a private message to Hitmon, the Trendy community manager, and got a response 20 minutes later.

I'm sure if you pm him you would get a response within a few days at the latest.

Insane+ gives much more xp. If you can't see this you aren't looking. Glitter pure strategy gives garbage xp. Glitter survival is much better. You said HC so I am a little confused as console doesn't have HC.

And yes if you want better armor run Morrago a few times on insane or insane +

I sent a private message to Hitmon, the Trendy community manager, and got a response 20 minutes later.

I'm sure if you pm him you would get a response within a few days at the latest.

Insane+ gives much more xp. If you can't see this you aren't looking. Glitter pure strategy gives garbage xp. Glitter survival is much better. You said HC so I am a little confused as console doesn't have HC.

And yes if you want better armor run Morrago a few times on insane or insane +

I think when he put GHC he meant (G)litter(H)elm(C)averns.

dont forget that you are playing a game based on random distribution. trust me, if you are having these kinds of insecurities/doubts about this game you are not alone. but these feelings are apart of the game! if the key to pimping out your character was just running insane+ a few times and opening all the chests, every facet of the game would be meaningless.

if you want awesome gear with good stats, get used to putting time in on a daily basis. considering your complaints, i can only assume that you have not spent much time powerleveling on mistymire. personally, i have opened over 15,000 chests on mistymire, and i think i have only pulled 3 pieces with 100+ upgrades.

does this suck? HELL YEAH! does that mean i should just give up opening chests? um...

just keep trying man and hope to get lucky. this game isnt about entitlement (i play this map this many times so i deserve item X). this game is about community farming and trading. we all spend our time opening chests, beating levels for item drops, checking our tavern stores in order to create more and more chances for the random number distributor at Trendy HQ to drop out some super rare ****

get with it or get out!

dont forget that you are playing a game based on random distribution. trust me, if you are having these kinds of insecurities/doubts about this game you are not alone. but these feelings are apart of the game! if the key to pimping out your character was just running insane+ a few times and opening all the chests, every facet of the game would be meaningless.

if you want awesome gear with good stats, get used to putting time in on a daily basis. considering your complaints, i can only assume that you have not spent much time powerleveling on mistymire. personally, i have opened over 15,000 chests on mistymire, and i think i have only pulled 3 pieces with 100+ upgrades.

does this suck? HELL YEAH! does that mean i should just give up opening chests? um...

just keep trying man and hope to get lucky. this game isnt about entitlement (i play this map this many times so i deserve item X). this game is about community farming and trading. we all spend our time opening chests, beating levels for item drops, checking our tavern stores in order to create more and more chances for the random number distributor at Trendy HQ to drop out some super rare ****

get with it or get out!

This ^ couldnt of said it better my self

get with it or get out!

Holy fudge, how in the world did you keep track of all those chests!? xD

I'm up for Morrago or Aquanos. Mistymire I tend to despise due to the Spiders. My Tower Squire isn't insane ready for MM, AQ, or MO. My Tower Squire is barely able to pull down Glitter Insane Normal without me having a second controller with my dps on it.

Also on a fast note, I don't mind new friends seeing as how my old ones left the game. I do have a Mic for the games requiring it. All my characters are respectively above 70 by at most 8 levels at the most. Huntress being my highest atm.