Sign in to follow this  
Winterbraid

* Increased Max Level to 100

Me:
'Hey Trendy, could you make Supreme and Ultimate armor a bit less impossibly hard to find? You know, the kind of stuff that you need four of per character (as opposed to 1-2 weapons), preferably of a matching set and with stats not all over the place?'

Trendy:
'No, but have a new item tier that will be even harder to find, we're sure that will help.

'Also, have some more exp grinding because you guys all love exp grinding. We're not gonna raise the limit of hero skill points you can put in a single stat though, because why would anyone need that? What every endgame character out there DOES need is +180 in five stats as opposed to just four, that will make a massive difference to all of them.

'By the way, the development kit is still two patches behind. We'll get around to that some time.'

Me:
'Hey Trendy, could you make Supreme and Ultimate armor a bit less impossibly hard to find? You know, the kind of stuff that you need four of per character (as opposed to 1-2 weapons), preferably of a matching set and with stats not all over the place?'

Trendy:
'No, but have a new item tier that will be even harder to find, we're sure that will help.

'Also, have some more exp grinding because you guys all love exp grinding. We're not gonna raise the limit of hero skill points you can put in a single stat though, because why would anyone need that? What every endgame character out there DOES need is +180 in five stats as opposed to just four, that will make a massive difference to all of them.

'By the way, the development kit is still two patches behind. We'll get around to that some time.'

I was going to say something about your post... But i really can't find the words to express myself on this at this time. :(

DDDK out of date :(

Ults with more upgrades just to offset roll overs :(

hehehe, lvl 100? sure. more grinding my lvl 93 up another 7 levels XD
HOLY CRAP A NEW ITEM TIER? let me grab my set of ult...
wait, thats right, all i got is trans XP
Time to grind another 100hours into this game, Wish me luck, ima find this new armor type~

100 hours. I only wish the RNG was that kind to me. I've only found one ult and it is a meh lvl 90. I am a bit over 1,050 hours in game with at least 400 hours since ults came out. Here is to another 400 for my next ult. I only hope it is better than my supreme (my current precious ult isn't).

I take back all I said, I get to wear a PARTY HAT now! And I can make my crystal look like a BIRTHDAY CAKE! This totally changes everything! It's all I really wanted throughout my two thousand hours of playing this game!

Seriously though, I like the new map, it reminds me of Mistymire except with a simpler, more intuitive layout. The boss gauntlet in the end was pretty interesting too, except for the Turkey just sitting there and farting.

But there really is no point in giving us more levels if all it means is we get new items (which those who can actually obtain them probably don't need anyway), and more skill points that will not make any sort of a difference anyway. We can still put only 180 skill points into a single stat, we can already max out four stats at level 93, and almost no character even NEEDS more than 4 stats.

[QUOTE]'Hey Trendy, could you make Supreme and Ultimate armor a bit less impossibly hard to find? You know, the kind of stuff that you need four of per character (as opposed to 1-2 weapons), preferably of a matching set and with stats not all over the place?'[/QUOTE]

You don't need every piece of armor to be the same tier of quality to get the set bonus applied- each piece of armor will use its own tier bonus. The only requirement is all the armor has to be mythical or above.

[QUOTE]'No, but have a new item tier that will be even harder to find, we're sure that will help.
[/QUOTE]Generally, when a new tier of quality has been introduced, the lesser tiers before it have become a bit more common.

hehehe, lvl 100? sure. more grinding my lvl 93 up another 7 levels XD
HOLY CRAP A NEW ITEM TIER? let me grab my set of ult...
wait, thats right, all i got is trans XP
Time to grind another 100hours into this game, Wish me luck, ima find this new armor type~

Those 100 hours you're talking about is the console from 78-83 I think you guys are really lucky and even if your set of armor are impossible to get you know where to get them wich isn't whats happening on ps3

Generally, when a new tier of quality has been introduced, the lesser tiers before it have become a bit more common.

Certainly doesn't seem to be the case with Supreme, which in my experience is about as common as Ultimate. Either way, discussing "more common" or "less common" is moot when the rates we're talking about are fractions of percent in the first place. It would surely help if DDDK was updated and we could actually see what exactly changed with the level 93 pseudo-tier, and what has changed now with the new Ultimate+ tier.

I tried the game today after weeks of not playing after I pretty much gave up hope and what do I see, indeed it's as the topicstarter stated. With yet another tier of gear, drops are even worse, and I thought droprates had pretty much hit rockbottom. I'll check back in a few months to see if trendy can fix the droprates... something steam workshop users actually have already done...

if only those fixes would work on ranked where they actually matter...

I tried the game today after weeks of not playing after I pretty much gave up hope and what do I see, indeed it's as the topicstarter stated. With yet another tier of gear, drops are even worse, and I thought droprates had pretty much hit rockbottom. I'll check back in a few months to see if trendy can fix the droprates... something steam workshop users actually have already done...

if only those fixes would work on ranked where they actually matter...

It's far too late for something like that to happen in DD, but I think Torchlight 2 has a really nice thing going in that aspect. Mods are incorporated into the main online component, but there are mechanisms in place for game hosts to filter out "cheaters."

What would have worked for DD in my opinion would be some sort of an approval system to determine which mods are considered "cheats" and which are not, extending to all items obtained through the use of such mods, and a system for hosts to allow only approved mods, allow all mods, or allow none.

I don't care that much about mod approval, I just find it a bit odd that people who aren't the developers can fix the drop system; while the actual developers seem unable to do so.

100 hours. I only wish the RNG was that kind to me. I've only found one ult and it is a meh lvl 90. I am a bit over 1,050 hours in game with at least 400 hours since ults came out. Here is to another 400 for my next ult. I only hope it is better than my supreme (my current precious ult isn't).
There is a reason I stopped playing this game. The grinding for new stuff just became so impossibly hard and time consuming that I didn't see the value in grinding 200+ hours JUST to get the point where I could start finding these drops about once every 2-5 hours (depending on random luck)... who knows by now I guess you only find one of the best drops every 7-10 hours :P lolololol... I hope that's a funny joke and not the truth.

Honestly i feel liek you're missing out on the actual fun of the game if your only motivation to play is to get another piece of loot... Forget about rare drops for a second and actually play the new map and have some fun with it...

ok, i see your point there on gear.

create a new character, and put them on nightmare hardcore sky city.
no... lets just go easy and same thing, go there and try to win.

i dont know how much the game changed in the last few months, as i barely load it up anymore, but if its still the same
your towers are less about placing them effectively, and more about being a high enough quality of gear
to break into nightmare, its almost impossible to get good enough gear to do it anymore.
and going back to a lower level than what you are playing on makes it easier, and for most people, in a game that has a leveling system, a gear system, and player combat at points, it kills most of the fun to play for the skake of playing, instead of playing for progression.

it would be like playing borderlands 2 and but never getting an upgrade, or diablo 2 but all the gear after level 20 is almost never good.

Honestly i feel liek you're missing out on the actual fun of the game if your only motivation to play is to get another piece of loot... Forget about rare drops for a second and actually play the new map and have some fun with it...

Already did the map. The only motivation for most players of getting the next piece of loot is because of the seriously flawed game design and droprates. Maps like Crystalline Dimension are impossible with sub 3000 stats, but that's gear that's impossible to get. Then there's lots of players are in the 1.5k-2k range and steamroll all the insane content and most of the nightmare content to the point where it's not even fun anymore... but to do the next thing, namely the Crystalline Dimension is something that's completely out of reach.

Also because of the broken droprates, you don't get any decent rewards for playing any map, also not the new map; which in a loot-based game would be the primary reason you'd be playing the maps to begin with.

edit: just want to point out I'm not criticising the new map, I do appreciate trendy releasing free dlc, it just feels lackluster with the broken drop system which people have been asking for nearly a year to be fixed.

It would have been way nicer of Trendy to try to fix the RNG (by suppressing or changing the stat rollback, and adding a base quality multiplier for harder maps) instead of adding a new tier (by adding stuff, I thought the item generation was too ****ed up to change it further?) ...

Adding that tier means people will try to get it... but they never will.

People won't come back to DD because of that crappy loot generation, as my friends, as the community and as I said all along.

^This and helping others is really the only reason I play at all anymore. I once had a goal of getting to 4k stats, but I've given up on that - which is a shame since gear progression is a big part of the game.

Unfortunately, that's not how games work. Most people play games in order to feel rewarded, and the satisfaction from having obtained a reward causes them to go on playing so that they can receive another reward. If the game at some point stops handing out actual rewards yet still taunts players with the promise of even greater rewards, and on top of that they see others who have obtained such rewards through means unknown to them (hackers, cheaters, Paypal shoppers), it's hardly surprising people will get frustrated.

Of course a game can be frustrating yet fun, but there is a catch: It has to be fair. DD would be fair if you could look at someone who had better gear than you - and know it's because they'd played longer than you. Sadly, DD gives no such guarantee at the moment.

Unfortunately, that's not how games work. Most people play games in order to feel rewarded, and the satisfaction from having obtained a reward causes them to go on playing so that they can receive another reward. If the game at some point stops handing out actual rewards yet still taunts players with the promise of even greater rewards, and on top of that they see others who have obtained such rewards through means unknown to them (hackers, cheaters, Paypal shoppers), it's hardly surprising people will get frustrated.

Of course a game can be frustrating yet fun, but there is a catch: It has to be fair. DD would be fair if you could look at someone who had better gear than you - and know it's because they'd played longer than you. Sadly, DD gives no such guarantee at the moment.

Tell me about it. Over 1.2k hours here and people with 100ish hours taunt me and call me a noob cuz i dont have ultimate sets. Funny part is, when i challenge them to build and prove they really are tons better, they say they aren't "builders". And they claim to grind for the ultimate gear they have or they traded them for "Cube". This whole cube peddling and ultimate sets are beyond me.

Tell me about it. Over 1.2k hours here and people with 100ish hours taunt me and call me a noob cuz i dont have ultimate sets. Funny part is, when i challenge them to build and prove they really are tons better, they say they aren't "builders". And they claim to grind for the ultimate gear they have or they traded them for "Cube". This whole cube peddling and ultimate sets are beyond me.

Hehe - I had to look twice to make sure I hadn't posted this :)

But I'm only at 1,058 hours so it had to be someone else. I guess I'm not alone then.

I've yet to meet anyone or hear about anyone who made a complete ult set by farming it themselves. Everyone has either been mostly store bought or all store bought. I've met and reported those who had obvious ults that were hacked; but even the non-obvious ones make me wonder how some sellers have so many ults to sell when most people who report on the forums find so few.

Its not even funny how broken this game is in terms of progression anymore. Making loot that's even harder to find isn't going to fix the problem of people not finding upgrades for their current equipment.

50m mana per 30 minutes, 100m mana per hour, 1b+ mana and 1-100 in 10 hours, this new map is crazy, if i just had used my controllers on it from the start though :P

(a friend went 1-72 in 2 waves of run 1 btw xD)

about loot thats harder to find ....

supreme has become easier
ultimate has become non-existant
ultimate+ is less rare than ultimate 93

about loot thats harder to find ....

supreme has become easier
ultimate has become non-existant
ultimate+ is less rare than ultimate 93

Which isn't indicated in the patch notes, hence why I didn't know about it. Thanks for the tip, but I doubt that the rates have been changed to such a degree that it would make me consider tackling Nightmare again, especially when I never found a piece of trans gear.