Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

What do you think of the new anniversary DLC?

I guess it might have to do with the fact that the nightmare levels are PART of the DLC? If you don't want to pay for DLC, that's cool but if you buy the Shards to get better loot with more difficult maps, realize that Trendy added new heroes not just to make money but also to make nightmare level an easier feat to accomplish. Giving us MORE options is, last I checked, a good thing.

Especially with prices being so cheap (comparably, Valve sells TF2 *hats* that cost more than all the DD characters) and the fact that, really, it's quite easy to beat the game as is with the original four kids, I don't see how you can complain about that.

-1 for Trendy; they give us free **** and people complain, they give us paid content and people want it for free. I guess you can't please 'em all?

/ end logical rant

You're missing my point.

I never said it was a bad thing that the additional heroes make the progression gap easier. I don't even mind that I have to pay for the additional heroes- if I was complaining about that, I would be complaining about paying for nightmare in general (I'm not). What I am saying, is that if you play solo without them, the progression gap through nightmare stonewalls you hard, and fast.

I've yet to see anyone get through all nightmare content without using an EV or a summoner, at least not without gear that overpowers the content, which only comes from: 1. Hacking the gear, 2. Buying hacked gear, 3. Buying legit gear off of somebody who used hacked gear to farm it, 4. Buying the legit gear off of somebody who farms high end content (who either got carried through the content by friends, or had a bunch of dedicated, intelligent friends to play with who helped each other progress through Nightmare content). Anyway, my point is that nobody, to my knowledge, has been able to get through all the Nightmare content without being helped in some way, playing with friends, or buying the dlc characters. For people that prefer not to be carried, and like to solo game content (like me), the progression curve almost mandates a purchase of additional DLC characters. Unless that content is free, its an issue. A big issue. Even with the heroes as cheap as they are, I shouldn't feel so stonewalled in progression that the only way forward is by paying for DLC characters.

I dunno where you're getting your nightmare guides from, because they must be good if they aren't using any dlc characters. Point some my way so I can use them.

I never said I wanted any dlc for free, quit putting words in my mouth. I opened my first sentance saying it was extremely nice of Trendy to provide yet another free DLC. Like I said above, the fact that solo progression through nightmare practically mandates the purchase of DLC characters is what infuriates me about this game, not that the content isn't free. I shouldn't have to purchase more DLC in order to beat the DLC I already bought. That's all I meant.

Again, to repeat- its great that Trendy throws free DLC to people who bought the game for 2 weeks, but this game has balance issues that prevent me from investing any more time in it as of yet.

Got some shots of the pathing I saw them take this route missed actualy nailing em on screen but any one who has played MM forest should recognize this routine by now.

Entry point

then here

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920118099520561681/7A13C2DCD665FE500460C7CF495B1AA234C8CA99/

Then here

Next stop on the glitch band wagon

My fix witch worked like a charm untill steam hiccuped on us thats 5 times to day do to errors that we lost what FUN!

Sorry if my language felt offensive I intentionaly used only the first letter in an attempt to not offend.
That being said here is something more precise than just my word enjoy!

having trouble with picture links so here is my SID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027572828

Got some shots of the pathing I saw them take this route missed actualy nailing em on screen but any one who has played MM forest should recognize this routine by now.

Entry point

then here

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920118099520561681/7A13C2DCD665FE500460C7CF495B1AA234C8CA99/

Then here

Next stop on the glitch band wagon

My fix witch worked like a charm untill steam hiccuped on us thats 5 times to day do to errors that we lost what FUN!

Sorry if my language felt offensive I intentionaly used only the first letter in an attempt to not offend.
That being said here is something more precise than just my word enjoy!

If you know where you can get out of the map, then just don't go to those spots. Nearly every map has ways of breaking your way outside the bounds of the level. In fact, almost every game has problems like this. Most of the time, they're 100% avoidable once you know they're there.

Steam going down definitely is a problem, but I highly question that the rest of your losses were really due to "glitches." I'm still unable to reproduce any of the things you've complained about except finding my way out of the level which I have to do on purpose in order to make happen.

If a sharken moved your defenses, that wasn't a glitch, that was not building properly to counter sharken. If a djinn unsummoned a defense, that was not building properly to counter djinn. There were a few cases of glitches with djinn where they could target defenses through walls, but those have been fixed (or at least, i haven't heard about it since it was finally fixed)

The offer to lend you a hand still stands. Let me know should you choose to accept it and I will more than gladly give it.

[QUOTE]Sorry if my language felt offensive I intentionaly used only the first letter in an attempt to not offend.[/QUOTE]Using the first letter doesn't make it less inappropriate- people know what you mean and read the whole word in their minds. This is evading the word censor and we don't want to see it here, so please be aware of this and avoid it in the future.

If you know where you can get out of the map, then just don't go to those spots. Nearly every map has ways of breaking your way outside the bounds of the level. In fact, almost every game has problems like this. Most of the time, they're 100% avoidable once you know they're there.

Steam going down definitely is a problem, but I highly question that the rest of your losses were really due to "glitches." I'm still unable to reproduce any of the things you've complained about except finding my way out of the level which I have to do on purpose in order to make happen.

If a sharken moved your defenses, that wasn't a glitch, that was not building properly to counter sharken. If a djinn unsummoned a defense, that was not building properly to counter djinn. There were a few cases of glitches with djinn where they could target defenses through walls, but those have been fixed (or at least, i haven't heard about it since it was finally fixed)

The offer to lend you a hand still stands. Let me know should you choose to accept it and I will more than gladly give it.

Using the first letter doesn't make it less inappropriate- people know what you mean and read the whole word in their minds. This is evading the word censor and we don't want to see it here, so please be aware of this and avoid it in the future.

Lets try this again the DEFENSES in the area the sharken was glitching around as to avoid them were SD aura,Electric aura,Buff Beam,3 archers and a spider minion with a gas trap.
Now wich items in this list can a Sharken Move? Please enlighten all of us.
Insisting that a problem dose not exist dose not make it the truth sorry if you dissagree with me on that.

Edit: Doh forgot the mage minion that was there my bad.

[QUOTE]Now wich items in this list can a Sharken Move? Please enlighten all of us.[/quote]
none of them. And if you are using no defenses which a sharken can charge, they shouldn't even attempt to charge at all.

[quote]Insisting that a problem dose not exist dose not make it the truth sorry if you dissagree with me on that.[/QUOTE]While you're correct that me not encountering a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist, considering that i have been unable to replicate this despite many tries tells me it is a corner case / rare issue, or is an issue specific to exactly the method by which you are building.

My intent here is not to call you a liar, not at all- but you are very vague and unclear with describing your issue so all I can do is guess, and tell you that the method I'm using to play this map doesn't seem to run into these issues. Thus, if you want to avoid them, it might be worth your time to accept my help.

Now, if you would like to formally report the issues you are encountering- civilly and with all necessary details to reproduce the problem, please do so in the Report a Game Issue or Tech Support & bug reports forum, instead of here. I understand that losing is frustrating- but please take your time and spell out exactly what you were doing and provide screenshots and videos if possible to illustrate it when posting them.

none of them. And if you are using no defenses which a sharken can charge, they shouldn't even attempt to charge at all.

While you're correct that me not encountering a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist, considering that i have been unable to replicate this despite many tries tells me it is a corner case / rare issue, or is an issue specific to exactly the method by which you are building.

My intent here is not to call you a liar, not at all- but you are very vague and unclear with describing your issue so all I can do is guess, and tell you that the method I'm using to play this map doesn't seem to run into these issues. Thus, if you want to avoid them, it might be worth your time to accept my help.

Now, if you would like to formally report the issues you are encountering- civilly and with all necessary details to reproduce the problem, please do so in the Report a Game Issue or Tech Support & bug reports forum, instead of here. I understand that losing is frustrating- but please take your time and spell out exactly what you were doing and provide screenshots and videos if possible to illustrate it when posting them.

I am not trying to bust your chops either and added input/ alternate build layouts are always a good thing and I am not oppsed to your help.
As for details they come down the back path and run through the mountain in there normal movement pattern NOT there charge.
To make things more annoying now that I am complaing about it the creeps are not doing it at the Bloody moment.
Like when you take a vehicale to a repair shop because it is make sounds that scare the daylights out of you then it purs like a kitten at the shop ROAR!
Thanks for all your input and I am going to report it in the tech support section and hopefully Icearrow and the gang get boned by this and thus can patch the area.

I really like the map. Just finished the campaign on Insane, gonna wait until I get some good Kobold on Treadmills before I do NM. Probably gonna want a good build, too.

Though, I'd prefer the Sky City build/Combat theme be used completely, instead of just at the last wave.

I really like the map. Just finished the campaign on Insane, gonna wait until I get some good Kobold on Treadmills before I do NM. Probably gonna want a good build, too.

Though, I'd prefer the Sky City build/Combat theme be used completely, instead of just at the last wave.
Actually i feel that this is really out of place. I suppose it might have been the best of the existing tracks to re-use- a new track would have been awesome (though obviously not likely).

Actually i feel that this is really out of place. I suppose it might have been the best of the existing tracks to re-use- a new track would have been awesome (though obviously not likely).

New tracks would have been nice, but oh well.

Actually, now that you mention it, Mistymire music would have been better.

Edit:

MOSH PIT!

EDIT2:

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY!? Really now.

Also, that one spider on the right is actually 17 Spiders in one spot. QUANTUM STOCKPILE!

I just did a run on NMHCMM and can't really complain about the loot, especially compared to diffiiculty. First trans dropped on wave 18 (which would be ok for Misty, possibly even for Moraggo), but everythng that dropped Trans seemed useful and not just overpriced crap. Even found two upgrades (armor and acc).
Also, keep in mind that early waves (up to 20) have relatively few enemies (capped around 750), so chances to getting any loot are low. On the other hand, I used to get as much as 150M per wave and lost only at 26 due to glitching Ogre.

Also, got two trans Tubes. What's so special about them, as damage per upgrade is just equal to other Shards weapons?

My overall take on the new Tavern Defense map: A lot of fun. As others have mentioned it reminds me of Misty, so I can picture the two being connected. Well done.

Is that a reference to what I think it is? :D (short and temperamental...)

It is. Now we just need zombie were-wombats or something of the like.

It is. Now we just need zombie were-wombats or something of the like.

Zombie were-wombat = epic awesomesauce!

Anything super special happening on the actual birthday - day? Surprises or defeats like removing something?

Can anyone else not build on the left bridge in Tavern Defense? I can't even summon minions there, or move them into place after summoning them. It sure makes defending more difficult then it should be. I'm inclined to think this is a bug, or unintended, because you can build on the right bridge just fine. Anyone else?

yeah, that bridge is frustrating, love the bosses they're kinda fun, even though the snowman crushed me on spawning yesterday xD

I do love the new map. I like the design and and it one of the few maps I don't get lost while playing the first few times. :-)

The only contra is a bug that sometimes kills the fun:
For defending the outer crystal we place minions on a buff beam. Ogres are able to walk just through these minions and damage the crystal. I didn't come across this problem on other maps.

Everything else is great.

The new weapon designs are also a lot of fun.

[QUOTE]For defending the outer crystal we place minions on a buff beam. Ogres are able to walk just through these minions and damage the crystal. I didn't come across this problem on other maps.[/QUOTE]I do the exact same thing and this never happens. Unless you have something behind the minions, the ogre has no reason to ignore them and attack the crystal, so you most likely need to tweak your positioning. Enemies that are being attacked will target their attacker. Also minions have to be packed together pretty tightly to really block a path. Enemies can slip through if they are getting attacked by something behind them and there is a small gap.

I would use DDplanner to illustrate this but it still hasn't been updated :(

OMG...thank you so much for the kobold on a treadmill!!! Ultimate Defender is in my grasp!!!

Are you ready to join the .1 percent?

Are you ready to join the .1 percent?

Born ready!!

seriously...nmhccd, morraggo mrts, 3 maps for transcendental survivalist, and *gulp* mythical cupid