Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

What do you think of the new anniversary DLC?

Anybody can tell that new map with its 35 waves can spawn a lot of supreme/ultimate armor? It is supposed to do so, at least.

ultimate and supreme has been nerfed, this map is also the worst map to farm for ult and sup on, you almostt wont get any trans even. Aside from the reward from doing it without survival and the kobold at 35, id rather use kg or sky for gear. I repeat, no good armor drops at all.

ultimate and supreme has been nerfed, this map is also the worst map to farm for ult and sup on, you almostt wont get any trans even. Aside from the reward from doing it without survival and the kobold at 35, id rather use kg or sky for gear. I repeat, no good armor drops at all.

That's the most depressing thing I've heard all day. :-\

I was telling my friend the other day that it reminded me of Palantir in it's reward system and huge amounts of XP, good to see it's like Palantir in it's crappy drops during survival, too. Boo.

That's the most depressing thing I've heard all day. :-\

I was telling my friend the other day that it reminded me of Palantir in it's reward system and huge amounts of XP, good to see it's like Palantir in it's crappy drops during survival, too. Boo.
Ignore him, he's just having bad luck, as you are. Palantir and this map have the highest quality parameters in the game. ults are just that rare.

[quote]Palantir and this map have the highest quality parameters in the game.[/quote]
If you know that, could you give us some numbers? :)

Ignore him, he's just having bad luck, as you are. Palantir and this map have the highest quality parameters in the game. ults are just that rare.

I've had zero luck with Palantir, compared to KG, specifically. Ults may be super rare but I get trans drops with seemingly better stats than most ults I've seen and I get 35+ trans per game with 1/3 the hassle. :P

Having done a run on NMHC, and not even seeing any trans show up past wave 20 I can not believe that the new map would yield the best gear...

Having done a run on NMHC, and not even seeing any trans show up past wave 20 I can not believe that the new map would yield the best gear...

This is so EPICALLY disappointing. Really. I had thought we had something to replace KG when it came to decent drops. I can only hit tiles for fun so many thousands of times. :'(

We had a few drop past wave 17. Were you carrying some dead weight low lvl classes powerlvling?

We had a few drop past wave 17. Were you carrying some dead weight low lvl classes powerlvling?
The level of the players has nothing to do with what loot can drop.

While the addition of new free content is always welcome in my book, the horrid balance issues with Nightmare, the inherent lack of progression, the loot rng that Trendy already has stated it won't change, and the near-inability to progress through Nightmare solo without paid DLC characters (no matter what their current price tag is) are still major issues that Trendy needs to deal with before I get serious about playing again.

It is nice to see that Trendy still updates the game, at least. I doubt this content will keep me back in the game for long.

Part of me feels bad for Trendy. The last few updates (Palantir, King's Game, Tavern Defense, the Jester) were all free at least for a while, and good for Trendy for doing that. But all we've done is complain about the things that are still broken. It just sounds so ungrateful.

But... honestly, while I like the free content, I'd rather they spent the time it took to balance Palantir, KG, and make Tavern Defense... and just fixed several issues with the game instead.

I really do admire the amount of work Trendy has put into free content... and I am simultaneously pretty disappointed in how little effort was put into things that were REAL PROBLEMS (and EVERYONE was trying to warn them) with this game even back in like April-May. I can't make up my mind how I feel about the job they did after the launch of this game. I honestly can't.

the near-inability to progress through Nightmare solo without paid DLC characters (no matter what their current price tag is) are still major issues that Trendy needs to deal with

I guess it might have to do with the fact that the nightmare levels are PART of the DLC? If you don't want to pay for DLC, that's cool but if you buy the Shards to get better loot with more difficult maps, realize that Trendy added new heroes not just to make money but also to make nightmare level an easier feat to accomplish. Giving us MORE options is, last I checked, a good thing.

Especially with prices being so cheap (comparably, Valve sells TF2 *hats* that cost more than all the DD characters) and the fact that, really, it's quite easy to beat the game as is with the original four kids, I don't see how you can complain about that.

-1 for Trendy; they give us free **** and people complain, they give us paid content and people want it for free. I guess you can't please 'em all?

/ end logical rant

Some people wouldn't be satisfied if the whole game was free. And not just this game, any game. If it doesn't draw them in or entertain the in some way for some reason or another , or meet up to some sort of imaginary check list of standards the game has to meet then you can say good bye to a customer.

The fact that there is so much extra content added to the game, and that it has been free on several ocassions is for fans and loyal customers. When it's out for free its just that, but it is also to get new ones. No other company really does the whole free DLC (forever if you get it in time) deal. Valve has done their share of awesome support for their own games, free patches and stuff for counter strike and TF2, Day of Defeat. Half Life 2 has been another story, but I let that slide. Bethesda had the long time running joke that is the $1 Horse Armor DLC. And only recently have they had good package sales on Steam.

+100 for Trendy having the worlds best loyalty to their fans. If it was Blizzard they'd be charging us $15 a month for the cool updates they do.

Oh and dare I say that the Steam Sale deal for 12.50 is again the sale of the century? Getting $80 worth the content for a 1/6th of that big number..

Sure some stuff needs work, like the RNG. Being a mapper I already can tell you what needs to be done. As it sits right now there are precarious magic numbers you have to set to get the right kind of gear to drop on the right difficulty. Sometimes its just quite simply dumb. Now I don't know what the source code looks like but I'd say it hasn't been really overhauled since the game came out.

What needs to happen (make it easier for themselves) is recode the random loot generation to use a spread sheet of sorts that would do more accurate loot drops.

That way, for example they could specifically set how many cursed items can drop (items with negative stats) how many junk items can drop, and how many useful high quality items can drop, and then throw those settings into the randomizer (that doesn't change the developer chosen numbers) but adds it into a total chance drop, and then divides accordingly.

Some people wouldn't be satisfied if the whole game was free. And not just this game, any game. If it doesn't draw them in or entertain the in some way for some reason or another , or meet up to some sort of imaginary check list of standards the game has to meet then you can say good bye to a customer.

I absolutely hate these people. Every single one of them I hate them with all of my heart and wished they would have their internet taken away so we never had to listen to them or play with them again.

They are everywhere the cretins.

Fix the magic F ing Sharken that cost bro and I survial 3 times in a row by it's appearing at the inside crystal and one shotting it!
As of 7.43b the secret room is still able to be passed into and die!
This may be the sharken entry point Maybe.
All I know is this map was fun untill making it only a few waves from victory to get glitched to death 3 times in a BLOODY row!
Please fix these stupid creeps they are compleatly ruining the level for us!
They are NOT slipping past defenses and are not a lag issue they are just plain broken!
While I am at it the Big flying DBs known as Djinn like to hang in orbit and instatntly de summon!
I am begging Trendy please fix this B.S. so we can actualy enjoy this otherwise fine map!

Palantir and this map have the highest quality parameters in the game. ults are just that rare.

I'm going to echo others saying I'd love to see actual numbers on this. I don't doubt it, I'd just love to know what you know.

Fix the magic F ing Sharken that cost bro and I survial 3 times in a row by it's appearing at the inside crystal and one shotting it!
As of 7.43b the secret room is still able to be passed into and die!
This may be the sharken entry point Maybe.
All I know is this map was fun untill making it only a few waves from victory to get glitched to death 3 times in a BLOODY row!
Please fix these stupid creeps they are compleatly ruining the level for us!
They are NOT slipping past defenses and are not a lag issue they are just plain broken!
While I am at it the Big flying DBs known as Djinn like to hang in orbit and instatntly de summon!
I am begging Trendy please fix this B.S. so we can actualy enjoy this otherwise fine map!

I've played through the map beginning to end half a dozen times without any problems.

Dijinn do not 'instantly desummon.' please show a video of this happening. They have a maximum range and can't do it from "orbit." I have never had a single thing desummoned on any play through of this map. This is supposed to be a hard map- you have to bring your best effort.

Where are you "glitching to death?" Can you show some screenshots? There was a mistake made with the secret room not getting fixed- but the only way to fall out there and die is to directly go there yourself. The upper walkway is blocked from enemies and there is no reason to go anywhere near the door.

Sharken are very easy to deal with with a proper setup. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me with your SID and I'll lend you a hand. It sounds to me like you need to revise your build.

[QUOTE]I'm going to echo others saying I'd love to see actual numbers on this. I don't doubt it, I'd just love to know what you know. [/QUOTE]Here's the thing- it's just the busted RNG system- when the quality values are so high as they are on these maps, they can often roll over even without the GoNegative chance. The only stat that isn't really impacted by this at all is weapon damage (along with resistances and other stats with imposed limits). Weapons generate with much higher base damages on palantir than any other map in the game- and tavern defense is up there with it (Especially considering you can get perfect kobolds on Insane, forget about nightmare). While I don't have the exact values for tavern defense, we do have them from palantir which can be opened in the DDDK. Super high quality multipliers are a double edge sword- they're both needed to make the gear good and at the same time they also end up making most of the gear bad.

Dijinn do not 'instantly desummon.' please show a video of this happening.

We had a djinn instantly take down a reflect doing TD last night. It only happened once in the 6 times survival/2 times campaign I've run it.

We had a djinn instantly take down a reflect doing TD last night. It only happened once in the 6 times survival/2 times campaign I've run it.
Odds are you simply didn't see it start doing it, or (less likely) some kind of graphical issue caused the beam not to be visible to you.

It was the chokepoint to the right of the outside crystal (ie. the only non-bridge choke). We had someone babysitting it specifically, because we lost an archer to a rogue ogre on that side. A djinn was hovering around and one of the reflects just poofed. It wasn't the graphic glitch, "reflect beam Eletricus" fell, without any warning. It was at full health.

True, it might've been some sort of error on our part but we all sort of had a "WTF?" moment amongst ourselves because it was destroyed almost instantaneously. Not a big deal at all, since I didn't have it on a buff or anything and at that point, we were able to pretty much AFK but definitely seemed a little glitchy.

That said, I dig the map 100%. ;)

at the bridge to the right, a djinn will desummon your auras etc instantly if you dont kill it faster than it gets to it. In other words, every wave, i ran over there, killed first djinn, then i was on my way :P

at the bridge to the right, a djinn will desummon your auras etc instantly if you dont kill it faster than it gets to it. In other words, every wave, i ran over there, killed first djinn, then i was on my way :P

Again, I'm sorry but i've never seen this happen. I have many djinn come from this direction. Most of the time they don't even get to try to desummon though, because they get gassed. djinn are almost the only thing that come from that direction, so it's predictable- you should be able to build for it.

All entry points are aruaed minioned and buffed with gas traps!

I even put 2 archers in the tavern to deal with the magic sharken.

Alhanalem with all due respect you are DEAD WRONG!

The sharken got us again on wave 20 this time the damned thing appeared at the cryastl so the archers could not deal with it before it killed the crystal!

I am not arrogant enough to claim I am a master builder but I know the differance between my failure and the game F ing up and

I am telling one and all that this map is F ing up!

I can not screen shot when this happens because I am using a control pad and the screen goes by before I can get to my Keyboard!

If it was my build I would welcome help dealing with it but in this case my build is fine it is the Game messing up!
As for djinn instant desummoning that is indeed the case at times.

The Djinn have always been broken and will never be fixed I just adapt my build and deal with it!
None the less they are broken!

[QUOTE]Alhanalem with all due respect you are DEAD WRONG![/QUOTE]I'm sorry you're frustrated, but I'm only giving you my expereince. I have never had what you describe happen in many tries, both won and lost. Any time I lost, it was because i made an error.

[QUOTE]I am not arrogant enough to claim I am a master builder but I know the differance between my failure and the game F ing up and [/QUOTE]

First, keep your language under control, please. Second, outside of a few mobs getting stuck sometimes in certain places, the mobs most certainly do not "F up" on this map. I invite you to play a game with me and never see this happen. You should not ever be affected by sharken or djinn with a proper build.

[QUOTE]The Djinn have always been broken and will never be fixed I just adapt my build and deal with it![/QUOTE]The djinn are not broken in any way (again, other then them sometimes getting themselves stuck stupidly)- If you are able to adapt your build, then you're doing the right thing. Adapting can and will counter both of these enemies. They do not behave any differently on this map than they do on any other- There is no map-specific AI settings. This can be verified by anybody by looking at the DDDK. Honestly, if you're reaching waves far beyond the campaign waves, then there's a good chance either 1) there are some flaws in your build, or 2) your stats aren't high enough for what you're attempting.

Instead of just calling me wrong and blaming the game, why can't you be humble enough to accept some help?

Trust me, i've helped out several people making some of the same complaints you are. Afterwards they were like "Wow, I didn't know you could do that!" Allow me to help you out, as a loyal community contributor. I stake my reputation on it.