Sign in to follow this  
Ice

Patch Discussion 7.43

Patch Notes: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073

Keep it here and keep it civil, please.

If you have suggestions that are not related to the upcoming patch, make a thread about it here.

If you have problems after downloading the patch make sure to first try verifying your cache.

1: Open your steam library
2: Right click Dungeon Defenders (http://i.imgur.com/UyPCa.jpg)
3: Click properties (http://i.imgur.com/JvLz2.jpg)
4: Click local files (http://i.imgur.com/TO5wC.png)
5: Click verify integrity of game cache (http://i.imgur.com/IZDGD.png)

I know it's been a while since I played the game but surely I'm not mistaken when I say there's something missing where my character is standing? like.. a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trophy....

also.. I still occasionally get the issue where the "crystal" doesn't show up and it's just the glow in empty space...tends to be most frequent with the hearts crystal and the dungeon defender one..

Big bug. going through the open door to the original secret room makes you fall outside the map.

We're looking into that now as it wasn't like that originally. Thank you for the report!

i'm still sorta disappointed that the promised mac bug fixes haven't been implemented. also, i've just loaded the game, and the audio sounds really, really off. there seems to be some weird white noise/static all the time. my seahorse also does not seem to want to attack the last dummy like it used to.

EDIT: a restart of the game seemed to fix these issues, although my pet still does not do DPS on any of the dummies in the tavern.

Love it. Already beaten the tavern defense on NM HC. Should totally keep the tavern like this, even if you make a larger tavern. LOL @ the prizes.

Hmm, already noticed I did not get the achievements. I did get the trophies and prizes. Also, your pet no longer attacks any of the dummies in the tavern.

Many thanks for implementing even more powerful stuff in the game. Now, we have even less chances to see'em spawn. Yay!

If I get it right, you guys can add the even moar powerful "Ultimate+" rank (while adding some things to the RNG) BUT you can't change little things in the RNG to suppress those annoying rollbacks, or the **** item generation on the hardest maps of the game?

I quite never see Ultimate items, nor even Supreme items. Will I ever get the chance to see an Ultimate+ item? No.

WOW!!!!! love the tavern theme :) good job Trendy, as always :)

It reminds me, lets have a lot of tavern themes to choose from ... or better yet, let us be able to customize our tavern.

Make it DLC for ?$ - i will buy it :)

This is the last dungeon defenders patch, is it not?

I hope not, my pets won't fire at dummies and the thought of no further development/DLC makes me sad.

Happy anniversary, and thanks for the free DLC! I actually quite enjoyed the new map, minor bugs aside. (Bugs being, steam achievements didn't unlock but ingame they did, the first secret room still being open in Tavern Siege, and the most northwestern spawn area blocks mana from reaching you when there is a clear line of sight between you and the mana crystals.)

Love the tavern decorum too, especially since blue is my favorite color. You also can't go wrong with a disco ball either. Lastly, thanks for the new desktop background.

Ultimate+? That's a bit of a weird name for the new armor. My friend had the suggestion of giving it the name 'Trendy,' though I dunno what other people think of that.

Honestly with the god-awful RNG these ultimates will probably only show up every time a meteor lands on earth, and when they do I'm sure since they increased "upgrade potential" it really means they're all gonna roll over and have 3-8 upgrade levels total with most stats being in the negatives.

Still, the increased level cap is cool and I enjoyed the new content. I just can't place any faith in this game's RNG system after it being the sole reason of me quitting a couple months ago.

I just can't place any faith in this game's RNG system after it being the sole reason of me quitting a couple months ago.

This. I'll gladly take the free DLC, but I don't really have much interest in playing it until the RNG issues get sorted out - if they ever do.

This. I'll gladly take the free DLC, but I don't really have much interest in playing it until the RNG issues get sorted out - if they ever do.

Exactly. I spent a whole month doing wave 1-30 survivals on NM HC Aquanos. Got 0 upgrades for any of my characters, and most are in heavily outdated gear.

Not.
a.
one.

Was really wanting to gear up for NM CD campaign, but how can I when my stats on everyone are far from being up to snuff and there's absolutely no way to get better gear unless I resort to either grinding for another 300+ hours which isn't even a guarantee, or pay some guy 10 cubes for a single armor piece that for all I know could get me banhammered by Trendy due to it not being obviously hacked? Not gonna try getting better gear ever again. Still, had fun coming back to DD today.

I agree with the folks above.

Listen, I love the Ultimate+ loot, I really do. But it would be a lot more exciting if it hadn't taken 700 hours of gameplay before I saw ONE piece of Ultimate armor. If I can't get Supreme and Ultimate stuff to drop... why do I care about Ultimate+?

I'm honestly asking for a response, Trendy. I'm begging you. HELP US TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

Ultimate armor is the equivalent of a Ferrari right now, (in other words, something I can't get) and this Ultimate+ armor is a coupon for a Ferrari with seat warmers. I'm not sure how this is actually helping us...

This is genuine begging, not sarcastic, PLEASE respond to these concerns and help us make the most of this.

Exactly. I spent a whole month doing wave 1-30 survivals on NM HC Aquanos. Got 0 upgrades for any of my characters, and most are in heavily outdated gear.

Not.
a.
one.

Was really wanting to gear up for NM CD campaign, but how can I when my stats on everyone are far from being up to snuff and there's absolutely no way to get better gear unless I resort to either grinding for another 300+ hours which isn't even a guarantee, or pay some guy 10 cubes for a single armor piece that for all I know could get me banhammered by Trendy due to it not being obviously hacked? Not gonna try getting better gear ever again. Still, had fun coming back to DD today.

Thank you for reading my mind.

Getting good armor is equivalent to your chances of winning a lottery. Maybe.

And ya.. Does good gear even exist legitly?? All I see are threads of hacked gear..

To be honest I lose faith in this game and company with each passing day. The community is what really keeps me going (minus the hackers).

I think for a long time I'll continue to play in the hopes that I can run all survivals and CD on NMHC and clear them. Up to misty right now.

I more or less agree with what people are saying above. But to be fair, what I would like to admit is that I like the new map a lot. Tons better than King's Game.