Sign in to follow this  
Dingle

[TC] Item Filter mod

Please let me know if you disagree with anything here, we still need to get the greatly improved quality filter blended into this, which I'm hoping you will be able to work on. I'm going to be rather busy this week so I'll have very limited time to work on this. I'll try to find some time to sit down and get the UI going. Let me know what you think.

One thing I noticed is that the onscreen items won't update when a player changes equipment in between waves.

It's all looking good so far. For the issue you mentioned, the solution is probably to update the displayed items whenever a player equips something. It looks like the appropriate function to modify here is DunDefHeroManager.AddEquipmentFromNetInfo()

Last few days have turned out to be fairly hectic for me, so I haven't been able to get anything done. I'll get back to work tomorrow and we'll see if I can add the new vars into the save data and save function for hero info. Think I'll also have to add a quick function to modify my filter's variables from the console or I'll have to recompile about 4 times just to test it thoroughly (and I've melted this machine's motherboard once already using DDDK too much...)

So I took a crack at learning how to add / edit a GUI for dungeon defenders. This is a mod that I would really like to use in-game so here is what I have so far.

Picture of Item Filter GUI: http://i.imgur.com/a0LqI.jpg

Right now I have:

• Added a button to the pause menu (Might need to edit the 16 player or whatever one also?)
  • Made the item filter gui
  • Added the code for controllers so with the left and right triggers you can cycle the selection

What I have to-do yet:

• Figure out how saving works in dungeon defenders and piggy back on that
  • Look at the code that Dingle and kyleg001 have written and make modifications where needed
  • Start with a fresh total conversion because I changed a bunch of things to see how to use the dddk
  • The animation seems non existent on the Item Filter GUI at the moment. Might be a editor thing.

So I took a crack at learning how to add / edit a GUI for dungeon defenders. This is a mod that I would really like to use in-game so here is what I have so far.

Picture of Item Filter GUI: http://i.imgur.com/a0LqI.jpg

Right now I have:

• Added a button to the pause menu (Might need to edit the 16 player or whatever one also?)
  • Made the item filter gui
  • Added the code for controllers so with the left and right triggers you can cycle the selection

What I have to-do yet:

• Figure out how saving works in dungeon defenders and piggy back on that
  • Look at the code that Dingle and kyleg001 have written and make modifications where needed
  • Start with a fresh total conversion because I changed a bunch of things to see how to use the dddk
  • The animation seems non existent on the Item Filter GUI at the moment. Might be a editor thing.

Keep up the great work!

Anyone know if Dingle is still working on this? Would love to help out/test/debug where possible. Have a bit of coding experience, just not focused on C/C++. Would really love to see this game continue to get updates/add-ons especially if the community is behind it.

I'm not really working on this anymore, just have to much on my plate, all the code should be posted in a post I had a little bit back