Trendy - Your attention please?

Hey Community!

I like to think the majority know who i am by now, i've been stalking all your tech support posts for ages and shared the love of bacon, but anyway on topic, From running the DLC feedback i encountered many many questions and problems, Please check the DLC thread people if you want to see them. But this is just a Summary and a hopeful post that will get some TE staff attention (perhaps!)

(Although no direct response here yet, the digest itself of course breaks into a few more things, give it a read after you read here)

Trendy aimed at you here....

Community Numbers Falling
you must have seen that LOTS of the community has started leaving, more and more each day, the news of CAPT leaving was a shock.. a massive shock. This is of course due to the long time it took to patch the game and release DLC, I understand your not too blame, ( im quite happy as i know you guys work hard ) and it relies on SCEE and Microsoft to release after all their checks.

A Broken Patch
What shocks me though is the patch just released really has some major issues that were labelled as FIXED,(Aquanos exp mainly) plus sky city glitches are creeping in left right and center, some people cant even get CD to appear and crash regularly
in fairness as this is not additional content but rather a fix, are you able to produce a final patch to fix the errors? This leaves the community feeling like they are not getting a fair treatment ( comparison PC of course) But people need to remember its easy to patch and DLC PC in comparison to consoles ( due to limittations given by SONY and MICROSOFT)

Keeping The Community?
I understand that you are working on "bigger things" however surely you cannot just produce something instantly? you will need a community to stand by you and want as many people as possible to stay interested along the way which currently is falling fast! throw out teasers, keep everyone hanging on to something? If it takes a year to produce another game (DD2 :D) you want as many here as possible!

Conclusion
IM NOT HATING on Trendy at all, this post is my own opinion and info gathered from the community. PERSONALLY i love the game, i wont be quitting and will certainly be helping on here as much as i have always done, but maybe addressing the community and giving them something to look forward to will start to attract the attention again! i know MANY people will agree here, please feel free to post your own opions but:
Please do not use this topic to address gaming issues, there is numerous threads available for this. This thread is just to bring the attention to trendy of the issues EVERYONE is leaving for.

It would be interesting to see some comments outside of the digest just dedicated here to give us console players some attention and info :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed something leading us into a hint of DD2 (If it exists) would probably keep a lot of people interested and probably limit the amount of threads telling Trendy they are wrong about this and suck because of this and all that terrible stuff people are posting

In my opinion you bought the game you played the game for hours yet now it is magically the worst game in the world?

Someone explain your guys way of thinking that would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Community!

I like to think the majority know who i am by now, i've been stalking all your tech support posts for ages and shared the love of bacon, but anyway on topic, From running the DLC feedback i encountered many many questions and problems, Please check the DLC thread people if you want to see them. But this is just a Summary and a hopeful post that will get some TE staff attention (perhaps!)

Trendy aimed at you here....

Community Numbers Falling
you must have seen that LOTS of the community has started leaving, more and more each day, the news of CAPT leaving was a shock.. a massive shock. This is of course due to the long time it took to patch the game and release DLC, I understand your not too blame, ( im quite happy as i know you guys work hard ) and it relies on SCEE and Microsoft to release after all their checks.

A Broken Patch
What shocks me though is the patch just released really has some major issues that were labelled as FIXED,(Aquanos exp mainly) plus sky city glitches are creeping in left right and center, some people cant even get CD to appear and crash regularly
in fairness as this is not additional content but rather a fix, are you able to produce a final patch to fix the errors? This leaves the community feeling like they are not getting a fair treatment ( comparison PC of course) But people need to remember its easy to patch and DLC PC in comparison to consoles ( due to limittations given by SONY and MICROSOFT)

Keeping The Community?
I understand that you are working on "bigger things" however surely you cannot just produce something instantly? you will need a community to stand by you and want as many people as possible to stay interested along the way which currently is falling fast! throw out teasers, keep everyone hanging on to something? If it takes a year to produce another game (DD2 :D) you want as many here as possible!

Conclusion
IM NOT HATING on Trendy at all, this post is my own opinion and info gathered from the community. PERSONALLY i love the game, i wont be quitting and will certainly be helping on here as much as i have always done, but maybe addressing the community and giving them something to look forward to will start to attract the attention again! i know MANY people will agree here, please feel free to post your own opions but:
Please do not use this topic to address gaming issues, there is numerous threads available for this. This thread is just to bring the attention to trendy of the issues EVERYONE is leaving for.

It would be interesting to see some comments outside of the digest just dedicated here to give us console players some attention and info :)
this is your best work i love how u managed to put all the thoughts of the community and stood up for us i really think the reason people are leaving is because of duping. it has gotten way out of hand. We need a way to fix it because id they are going to make DD2 it will take a while also the events are ending witch really sucks. i really enjoyed them and want them to stay. If anything try to find a way to stop duping or delete al duped items in the game. that is my opinion.

thanks infinete you made me smile you did ! :D

Lord of fire many thanks too,

Remember though, the "community" is us, we are the forums, without the "community" what is there left?... we have to make sure as a group of individuals that this place is great! :)

thanks infinete you made me smile you did ! :D

Lord of fire many thanks too,

Remember though, the "community" is us, we are the forums, without the "community" what is there left?... we have to make sure as a group of individuals that this place is great! :)
Agreed

If the game didn't progress it would have been the best game ever but progression which ruined it imo or incomplete progression.

If the game didn't progress it would have been the best game ever but progression which ruined it imo or incomplete progression.
Exactly what I have been saying. Enjoy the DLC don't get me wrong but didn't/don't remember many issues with the core game.

Im hoping the support continues to push in here, i know our good old Hitmon will most likely make a comment tonight in the digest about things, it be good if he could spare the time to post here just to throw some extra help at a dying console community - HINT HINT HINT! :D

While I'm less affected by the deterioration of the community than many, I'd like to chime in and lend my support to this thread. The issues in the OP are thoughtfully conceived and well stated, as always. Cheers, sir.

Seeing dupe threads made already, lets not spam the forum With something thats been raised already, if you read here and want your say throw it down here, if theres going to be any hope of a good response we need everything in one place not 14! :)

I just want them to address Aquanos XP/rewards and the issue with no shard for sky city upon completion.

Well said!

I bought sky city to show my support, turns out we still need a few patches. I honestly believe if trendy communicated to us a little more on issues instead of keeping us in the dark, people would understand better and forgive their mistakes. I cant believe they didnt even set a date on when sky city was to be released. Seriously that was not very good buisness move on trendy's part. Half the people on my friends list didnt even buy the dlc because they found out there was no reward for beating sky city from the few that bought it on tuesday. Imagine if there was a set date though! EVERYONE would of downloaded sky city that day and trendy would have a few more bucks.

So inadvertently trendy slapped all hard core DD players in the face and saved everyone else 4 dollars!

I will say this though! Insane plus is awesome! i only played 20 minutes of it but im impressed!

Well said!

I bought sky city to show my support, turns out we still need a few patches. I honestly believe if trendy communicated to us a little more on issues instead of keeping us in the dark, people would understand better and forgive their mistakes. I cant believe they didnt even set a date on when sky city was to be released. Seriously that was not very good buisness move on trendy's part. Half the people on my friends list didnt even buy the dlc because they found out there was no reward for beating sky city from the few that bought it on tuesday. Imagine if there was a set date though! EVERYONE would of downloaded sky city that day and trendy would have a few more bucks.

So inadvertently trendy slapped all hard core DD players in the face and saved everyone else 4 dollars!

I will say this though! Insane plus is awesome! i only played 20 minutes of it but im impressed!

I was a hardcore dd player then I took a incomplete patch to the knee,(...) but I was going to buy the dlc in hopes of finally getting a enjoyable monk weapon but it seems that was a dream as well. so I never brought it. I am glad I didn't after hearing the multiple issues.

I was a hardcore dd player then I took a incomplete patch to the knee,(...) but I was going to buy the dlc in hopes of finally getting a enjoyable monk weapon but it seems that was a dream as well. so I never brought it. I am glad I didn't after hearing the multiple issues.

In fairness, im also actually considering not purchasing the last shards because its apparent there are many problems, i wouldnt go out and buy a disc that was scratched and broken.... it works in the same principles here... this is why trendy should really address the community from this :)

I will not be purchasing for the sheer fact that i've bought aquanos and with it's broken exp i never play it. No reward for Skycity means it'll just be another map i won't play so why bother.