I like the Halloween Challenge.

I don't think it's too long at all. Finished it in an hour, what's wrong with that? There's gotta be something in the game that requires a time investment for a decent reward (yeah, survival, I know).

But I really don't see what's wrong with an hour for the challenge. If you don't have an hour, don't play the map. If you do, then do. Instances on WoW were fine when they took an hour. I'm happy with longer Starcraft 2 games. 60 minutes is really not that long.

I just want people to stop complaining about it and start talking tower placement, because I'm not entirely sure how I'm gonna get it done on insane :[.

Anyways, Happy Halloween.

EDIT: Actually, a lot of people complaining seem to think they're entitled to the costume rewards just because they're there. You may not be able to get them if you can't manage to do the mission on insane, deal with it.

FYI, you can stop in the middle of a raid in WoW to take a break, for say, bathroom... Or food. A boss in WoW is 5-15 minutes usually.... Not 1.5+ hours.

I just finished it solo on Hard... used a combo of war/mage/monk to set up everything, was a fun map to play. Got crazy at the end when everything was out trick or treating, Very close finish. Great map and can't wait to do it again

It's pretty fun until the game deletes your reward or doesn't reward you at all. Then you've got less mana than one insane ramparts run to show for your 90+ minutes of goblin destruction.

I don't know what kind of fat, disgusting neckbeard would actually enjoy that trash map.

I want pics of all you. You must be some real winners.

I don't know what kind of fat, disgusting neckbeard would actually enjoy that trash map.

I would, but it's easier for you to set up a mirror next to your monitor.

woot..I'm doing soloing it on Insane after Hard...no good rewards except the costume.

For those having trouble with it, I'm not sure what to say 170 DU make this WAY too easy imho.

It does require some skills sometime except you can AFK 90% of it.

Sadly, I don't think I have the patience to redo this 3 times with each characters for the Costumes.

I personally think Waves should be cut in half.

That way would make more sense and wouldn't really make it easier if only more bearable.

At least with Waves cut in half you'd easily be able complete it within one hour.

It's pretty fun until the game deletes your reward or doesn't reward you at all. Then you've got less mana than one insane ramparts run to show for your 90+ minutes of goblin destruction.

Well that's not an issue with the challenge itself, is it?
Besides, they already said they'll make it up to you.

FYI, you can stop in the middle of a raid in WoW to take a break, for say, bathroom... Or food. A boss in WoW is 5-15 minutes usually.... Not 1.5+ hours.

FYI, I was referring to classic WoW raids, which I actually enjoyed. Where a boss WOULD take 1.5+ hours.

FYI, I was referring to classic WoW raids, which I actually enjoyed. Where a boss WOULD take 1.5+ hours.

What boss is that?

Wow you're a genius.
Fat people are known to work hard for stuff aren't they?

woot..I'm doing soloing it on Insane after Hard...no good rewards except the costume.

For those having trouble with it, I'm not sure what to say 170 DU make this WAY too easy imho.

It does require some skills sometime except you can AFK 90% of it.

Sadly, I don't think I have the patience to redo this 3 times with each characters for the Costumes.

I personally think Waves should be cut in half.

That way would make more sense and wouldn't really make it easier if only more bearable.

At least with Waves cut in half you'd easily be able complete it within one hour.

Solo Insane ?

LIE : D

In all of my raiding career, I can't recall a boss fight that took longer than 20 minutes.

In all of my raiding career, I can't recall a boss fight that took longer than 20 minutes.

Thank god for enrage timers :-p

I'd rather wipe 10 times, on a 10 minute fight than wipe twice on a boss fight that takes 60 minutes of constant coordination and planning. I think that sums up this challenge quite nicely. By no means am I suggesting this should boil down to a paltry 10 minute win-or-lose scenario, but it shouldn't be a 2 hour win-or-lose one >.

There's a huge difference in attempting to do something really hard every 10 minutes for 2 hours and doing something straight for 2 hours.

Soloed it once on medium, took me too long, got a crappy reward which got deleted later. I'm pretty sure I won't try it again.

LOL in classic WoW raids you could literally afk on a boss fight and no one would notice

You're right, I was referring to progression raiding (BWL, AQ40, Naxx40) etc. Where we'd wipe on a boss for hours on end.

That sorted. I still like this challenge, and the people complaining about the length of time it takes I disagree with, and think they just feel entitled to everything in the game without working for it.

That said, people with complaints about the SKILL required to complete the challenge I feel are justified.

Unless you were some terribad raider, NO boss in vanilla WoW took longer than 5-15minutes to kill (I'm thinking C'Thun would be at the higher end of the time required to actually kill). Stop quoting bs statistics.

You're right, I was referring to progression raiding (BWL, AQ40, Naxx40) etc. Where we'd wipe on a boss for hours on end.

That sorted. I still like this challenge, and the people complaining about the length of time it takes I disagree with, and think they just feel entitled to everything in the game without working for it.

That said, people with complaints about the SKILL required to complete the challenge I feel are justified.

I could potentially agree with you if it were hours of attempts to come out to 20-30 minutes of a successful run. But the way it is now, it's going to be hours upon hours of attempts to possibly pull off a one hour run. It's a tad unreasonable, considering that if you ignore the fact that you'll get a skin for doing it, the weapon you could get is probably going to be garbage thanks to the RNG system.

There is no skill required for this challenge. You have a squire build towers, a monk throw up auras, and then everyone switches to DPS and runs around repairing as fast as they can. One slip up and the whole thing goes down the drain. Not fun in the slightest, I don't care how "hardcore" you are.

Or an ogre gets stuck in the upper pumpkin spawn (the one with the ghost bridge you can't walk on), and its off the map so you can't shoot it. Which means you get to go back to the tavern and restart. Whee? And wait, I get to do this for each character I want the skin on? Insane, and I don't mean the difficulty.

The dificult on this map is right, the time you need to finish it, is awfull, just fix it devs, and do it quick if this event have time limit

Or an ogre gets stuck in the upper pumpkin spawn (the one with the ghost bridge you can't walk on), and its off the map so you can't shoot it. Which means you get to go back to the tavern and restart. Whee? And wait, I get to do this for each character I want the skin on? Insane, and I don't mean the difficulty.

hunter can shoot it with piercing shot, or you can just wait few minutes till it comes off.

About wow raiding: I don't even know how can you compare hours of boss attempts to actual time spent in boss fight. You can spend 5 hours on a boss, try it 60 times, or do it right once, and finish in 10, MAXIMUM 25 minutes. You can easily take breaks between attempts.
Here a "kill" takes at least 1 hours, if you are doing it fast, and each try takes anywhere between 1.5H and 0 minutes. You can take breaks every 0-1.5H. Fun times.

Am I the only one that actually reads all the comments? First people whine about wasting 3-5 hours in survival then failing, now you're QQing about failing on this event?

"It doesn't require any skills, just run around and dps while spamhealing the towers. Isn't that like the same encounter on Insane Summit or TTR? DPSing while keepin' an eye on the defense.

"It's bad that you just need to have one slip and it all goes down the drain."
Isn't that making the encounter even harder? Less room for failing often means harder in my experience. The frustrationscale is something you will have to learn to handle, stress, pressure as well as raging is something that's included on the daily basis when it comes to onlinegaming, timeconsuming? BAH! You havn't spent your time farming and grinding in games like Ragnarok Online, EVE and what not.

TL:DR
I got no issues with this map what so ever at this moment. It's still new and there's plenty of tactics to try out, give it time, if it's still to timeconsuming in a week, then we might talk.