Calling it quits

After running into the same glitch multiple times last night, which cause me to lose NMHC CD 4 times in a roll, I am calling it quits. I will never again be "super orc'd" or get my crystal phantom killed on Boss Gauntlet again.

Just wanted to give a shout out to GOKUPP for helping me a long early on, and for being generous with equipment. Thanks man!

Also another shout out to Commish and Mischief for forming a great CD NMHC destroying team.

Final shout out to the community of this game, which has been great. Keep it up.

For me, I am going to go back to Firefall, Tribes: Ascend, and TF2.

Peace!

Chuckdatass out!

(if you see me on it will probably be muling for my brother, or as an afk shop for him)

Man, yeah, last night was sooooo disheartening and confusing...especially when nnoooothingggg was within a third of the map of the crystal that one run and it exploded without warning. We played it again after you left and my computer blue screened while hosting on Map 3 from a memory access violation. If you ever want the tedious achievements to finish those out, let me know, but I totally understand the break after last night. Ballinnnnnn, lol, keep in touch.

Chuck I really wish you wouldn't leave but I understand the problems driving you away all to DAMNED well!

I have lost at least a few Hundread times in this game do to the BS you have been experiancing on CD.

These issues SHOULD have been resolved months ago!

Or at the very least a root cause should have been identified!

Chuck I suggest you hit the Ask us anything section and ask them what I already did why are we still getting screwed by this problem?!!

Sorry for my rant this problem is just so game breaking it just gets so..... ROAR!

I'll play with ya anytime you feel like dusting the game off and going on an Ogre killing spree!

Till that time peace and good fortune and I hope to see you around my friend.

Chuck,

Man that su... stinks. :(

And I was looking forward to more runs with you and company.

At least don't delete anything so you can come back if/when things get fixed.

Also I didn't know you were in the Firefall beta. I'm there also. Add me (fatherlove) for some melding runs.

Peace

What was this "super orc" bug exactly? Just curious.

To all things must come an end regardless, hope you have fun in tribes/tf2/firefall!

I'm guessing the 'orc' that has a kitty pride (x-men) ability and can one shot the crystal. But I'll let Chuckdatas confirm that one.

I know I saw a levitating orc last night on kings. I went to take a screen shot and he died from my dps (cause I was just holding the mouse button) - but if I hadn't it would have been pretty funny. not.

Ouch!!! I would have quit after the second time... (And probably thrown lots of things at the nearest wall :mad:)
What was this "super orc" bug exactly? Just curious.

I believe he's referring to an Orc/*Something* managing to ignore 4 buffed tri-auras + gas ring and kill the crystal on stage 4 of CD (gauntlet).

He made a post about it yesterday too

Yes that is what Chuck was refering to.

These enemies that walk through everything and bash your crystal to Oblivion in one hit have to go.

This is an old bug that I have encountered ever since I started to play the game in December 2011.

The bugged monsters will walk through everything and are more often than not completely invincible.
One way hit detection what fun NOT!

That super-orc bug sounds utterly absurd and inexcusable on Trendy's part. Is this a bug only on CD? I've never had it happen in my 900-some hours of playing, and I have completed all content minus NM CD, which I refuse to try since I don't want to grind another 1,000 hours for gear good enough on all my builders.

That super-orc bug sounds utterly absurd and inexcusable on Trendy's part. Is this a bug only on CD? I've never had it happen in my 900-some hours of playing, and I have completed all content minus NM CD, which I refuse to try since I don't want to grind another 1,000 hours for gear good enough on all my builders.

Sadly NO this happens from time to time. Enemies will walk through walls and all other defenses with out getting hit or harmed. Sometimes your DPS will even go through them! They appear to have one way hit detection when this B.S. starts!

They can harm you and your defenses+ the crystal but can not be harmed or even connected with.
Sucks so much when an entire ogre train decides to do it at once!!!

Sadly NO this happens from time to time. Enemies will walk through walls and all other defenses with out getting hit or harmed. Sometimes your DPS will even go through them! They appear to have one way hit detection when this B.S. starts!

They can harm you and your defenses+ the crystal but can not be harmed or even connected with.
Sucks so much when an entire ogre train decides to do it at once!!!

Scary O.o

I guess I'm lucky I never saw this happening

Reminds me of the skellys that were invincible back in the spring. Those were also a joy to behold, when you couldn't clear them because they couldn't die - and all you could do was try and continually repair the defenses while the timer counted down till the map cleared them.

Reminds me of the skellys that were invincible back in the spring. Those were also a joy to behold, when you couldn't clear them because they couldn't die - and all you could do was try and continually repair the defenses while the timer counted down till the map cleared them.

Or mega gold spiders when djinn were first released.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=58763957&insideModal=1 <- Everything survived, then the spider did this alone...