Eternian spear melee or ranged?

Got a 376^ eternian spear with 7k in ranged and 5k in melee base. Checked on open the ranged goes to somewhere 80k and gives 20m dps in tav w/boost. Melee goes to somewhere around 140k and gives about 40m dps in tav w/boost.
Melee seems obvious choice but i have low HP. Like 2.2k cuz the spear has negative stat on HP.
I do more dps as melee but higher chance of dying from a fire hazard (specially on CD). While ranged does half dps but higher chance of me surviving. So, stuck in a dilemma. lol
BTW, the spear is very huge. It has good melee range.
Any suggestions?

I hate melee monks TBH. But some people love it. I figure if I am going melee, might as well go Barb. So if it were up to me, I would trade spear for a dps set or something.

By the sounds of it, melee, dps-wise. Because you'd need to be at point blank to get the full ranged damage on an enemy either way. But It's your choice. Survivability, or DPS.

I hate melee monks TBH. But some people love it. I figure if I am going melee, might as well go Barb. So if it were up to me, I would trade spear for a dps set or something.

I have 3.3k hero damage with my trusty trans+sup set. I can use ultimate set but who would give me a full ultimate set for just 1 spear. People want cubes these days. And i hate cube peddlers. Most of the **** i have seen on them is so obviously modded.

do not use a etheria spear for ranged!!!!!!!!!!!! use pole or wrench for ranged..

the spear is made more for melee than ranged as it only gets +4 shots were a good pole or wrench will only have around 10k less damage its going to have a hole other shot to it

a hole other shot? Not sure i followed you there mate.

spears only get +4 projectiles..

a pole or wrench will give u +5

u said that spear will get u 80k ranged, i got a wrench with 74k + is has +1 more projectile

Ranged, how are you gonna manage the Wyvrens/Genies/Copters in CD without ranged, not happening.

Ranged damage is like a peashooter though by the time it actually hits air targets. And if they're close enough to where it is effective the seahorse should get them anyways.

For ranged I would just farm a good Gambler's Polearm.

spears only get +4 projectiles..

a pole or wrench will give u +5

u said that spear will get u 80k ranged, i got a wrench with 74k + is has +1 more projectile

ah i see, thanks for the insight.

Ranged, how are you gonna manage the Wyvrens/Genies/Copters in CD without ranged, not happening.

I'm a melee monk and I'm farming CD. The answer for your question is SEAHORSE.

Btw, With cap on all resists I have no troubles in survivability, also have 2.2~ health.