Sign in to follow this  
JeremyStieglitz

Patch Discussion 7.42

Patch Notes: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073

Keep it here and keep it civil, please.

If you have suggestions that are not related to the upcoming patch, make a thread about it here.

If you have problems after downloading the patch make sure to first try verifying your cache.

1: Open your steam library
2: Right click Dungeon Defenders (http://i.imgur.com/UyPCa.jpg)
3: Click properties (http://i.imgur.com/JvLz2.jpg)
4: Click local files (http://i.imgur.com/TO5wC.png)
5: Click verify integrity of game cache (http://i.imgur.com/IZDGD.png)

what exactly is the better randomization? and is it only for high end gear?
It specifically applies when you are level 93 as the patch notes state.

This is totally a guess on my part but this may have been done so that they could tweak randomization without impacting lower-level balance. Only time will tell though- I hope i'm not the only one curious what this "event" is.

It seems kind of silly to be worrying about breaking "lower level" balance and applying the loot tweak ONLY to maxed-out characters. Pre-level-74 is low level. Wouldn't applying the loot tweak to level 74+ make more sense?

Huntress buff is a great idea, so is 8 heroes per page, and I'm also happy to have something to do with my level 90's. Great work develeopers!

That last bullet point on 7.42 really struck a nerve. :( Those Ultimate items that were BROKEN to begin with should have the option to be reset to 0. I don't mind paying the extra mana to re-upgrade an item, but to not give us an option to FIX that problem is WRONG.

super legendairy nearly as fast as?
common trendy, they should be faster. its still impossible for monk to jump of the airship this way.
people play 500+ hours te be able to get that skin, 500 hours and its worthless because of the speed.
i havent tried it yet since i am at college, but the legendairy is mega slow as well.
i guess i will see it once i get home

That last bullet point on 7.42 really struck a nerve. :( Those Ultimate items that were BROKEN to begin with should have the option to be reset to 0. I don't mind paying the extra mana to re-upgrade an item, but to not give us an option to FIX that problem is WRONG.

i agree :p
so the upped ulti weapons are now gona b... not so much worthless, but essentially useless, and ill need to get a fresh bunch of weapons, right?

[QUOTE]* Huntress and Hunter 20% exponential ramp damage buff (high-end heroes approximately +50% end-result)[/QUOTE]

Is that Trap Damage or Hero Damage or Both?

8 Heroes is a great +. Any way to add a 'Hero Select' in the Custom Match search? e.g. if there's a certain map, I'd rather be X character really quickly. Spiders on King's Game are still just spawning and not moving in lower levels especially. I'm still kinda bummed on a 366^ Greatsword I upgraded before I knew it was 'busted' a while back, now it's just a relic of the past and unusable in all significance. I wish you could 'reforge' those -- I'm not sure how many dozens of CD runs I'll have to do to get something that nice again.

Please, please please please, don't make this new event about getting randomly dropped items and needing a certain amount that barely drops. Humongous Eggs made me cry myself to sleep every night. I only got 2 my entire time playing! I quit my job to farm them!... granted my family owns the place I work, so I am allowed to do that :)

Good thing you always save 2 good swords. Does the fix apply to polearm? It's been waiting awhile to get upped

nope polearm not fixed still same damage per upgrade

i think it works by getting a new polearm which is bull**** saved mine for nothing it already took a while to get rewarded one

can anyone confirm that has gotten a ultimate polearm post patch 7.42

How hard is it to get a new pole arm? It seems the Ults we have need to be sold and we have to obtain new ones. That is fine since all that drops in AQ is Ult spears/Pikes/and whatever crap. It's not uncommon to have 3 Ult spear drops in AQ.... It is frustrating as I am thinking a nice Supreme armor drop in their place would be better.

Also, you can get nice ults just doing SkyCity solo without HC on if like me you don't always make a successful jump off that boss ship. I have gotten several nice ults just soloing this. To bad they are worthless now, but won't be hard to get again.

If you need mana for upgrades, just split your screens and farm it. It's still a long process though to fully upgrade an ult doing this, but it is somewhat faster.

great patch I think, I have yet tested.

it not about how hard it is to get it

its the chances of getting another good one ive got bad luck mostly and get alot of crappy ones

gamer22

Well, yesterday's run... I got a steamsaw upgradeable to 14........ then again at 26........then one at 110 or something. Even playing split screen with 3 characters I got 6 very crappy seahorses. I see your point in that. However, I have gotten several nice Ults which I guess are worthless now since they have fixed the damage scale.

It is been said that playing HC produces better.......... I don't find that to be true a lot of times.

Testing AQ before getting D/C'ed again........................ I did not notice any improvements.... same crap dropping... One trans that was crap at wave 13. Could not check the Seahorses because I got DC'ed at wave 19.

So if things are better....... I have not seen it to up to wave 19.

I know the kings stuff was suspect, and can only assume the Sky City Ults also did not scale as well. Would like to know which Ults were fixed myself. I just deleted all my Ult Sea Spears and Ult Steam saws.

I'm thrilled about being able to more easily switch between my characters with the change in characters per page. Can't wait to take a crack at it. (Can't wait to check out what my Huntress is like now, either!)

can someone explain what level 90-93 adds to the game?
i stopped actively playing a while ago, mostly due to frustration of doing the same levels over and over again, rarely getting anything worth looking at.

what i want to know is did they cut off the rng they use for level 1-92 than once you hit 93 they put you in a different drop segment with myth-ultimate all requiring 93 but have far better stats?

or is this just a new top tier loot category?

also what are the exp requirements from 91-93?

if i get back into the game, it will be a decideing factor on how this is handled, and how long it will take me to get to 93 from 88 or 89

Is that Trap Damage or Hero Damage or Both?

Just Hero Damage was upped so she's more back into the role of DPS hero like she was before the Monk Hero Boost Boost that pretty much made her obsolete.