DunDef Digest 9/12/12 Discussion Thread

They sure do enjoy steering clear of answering questions. For instance: when asked about whether or not coding from an outside source could be introduced into the game, it was implied that the coding in question would be allowing ults to drop within 40 minutes of playing the game >.> We all know that only one person here on the forum, who A LOT of people have been backing, does not want that to happen and does not even have it in the coding to let it be 'too' easy to get high end gear, just to fix negatives and such.

Also, the question about ult weapon damage scaling was ignored. It has been plastered all over the forums for over a month now, how could they not see it by now? They play dumb way too much for their own good.

Perhaps I am overreacting, but it just seems so unprofessional to me.

Are you guys aware of/will there be a fix for damage scaling on the Ultimate versions of The Eternian Greatsword, The Gambler's Polearm and The Light Knight? - Dragonsmight

Jeremy: If you can please explain the issue to me here, we will fix it! :)

The lower versions (Supreme/Trans) of these weapons upgrade for more damage then the Ultimate versions. For example for the Eternian Greatsword the Trans version upgrades at 304 per ^ while the Ultimate version upgrades at 213 per ^. Not sure of the exact numbers for the other two weapons but it is discussed in Ultimate damage scaling for multiple weapons thread.

If this is fixed will it be retro active, will my already upped Ultimate have its damage increased?

Thanks for the response :P

First time I've been on here in a minute and I didn't really see any answers that made me want to start playing again. It just seems like every answer is a 'maybe' or a dodge of the actual problem at hand.

Question: Will the RNG be addressed?

Answer: Maybe, but we want to be careful because people might actually get good gear without putting in 100+ hours.

If the changes were made to NM exclusively, I don't think an ultimate dropping on Deeper Well is the end of the world. I also think it was stated before that the above issue doesn't even need to be addressed right away. People would probably come back if any of the problems were fixed (rollover.....). Not necessarily all of them.

Question: Is NM balanced for the core classes?

Answer: Yep. Sure. Totally.

If I were less frustrated with the state of DD I would definitely try to beat shards survivals using just the 4 core characters. However, I'm pretty sure I already know how that would end.

RNG and hero balance are the two things keeping me inactive. I'm bored of cookie cutter builds and tired of flushing away hours of my life with no signs of potential progress.

Well, there's a reason why all of today's (working) layout guides look the same, use the same defenses -- in the same way -- and use the same strategy. I dunno, Jeremy... You're telling us that Shards and maps like Talay, Karathiki and King's Game can really be completed in Survival mode with "any combination of 4 heroes" (i.e., the original four)? I wanna believe that because I agree that's how the game should work, but I don't think it does... I think you guys started neglecting core hero balance after the EV and Summoner were released.

I want to see them complete survival with 4 rangers :d.

For the rest, I sincerely doubt that NM is doable with normal statted heros (so not 2k towerdmg heroes) if the EV buffbeam is not used.

Any case I haven't been playing this game since they released the last patch. I don't see the fun in spending an insane number of hours in the hope of maybe getting something that is an upgrade. And knowing that I am relegated to doing the same map again and again and again and again and again...

I'm very interested to see the patch notes, think there going to be pretty important for DD's future for the next few months at this point.

Until then - back to GW2 :) Borderlands 2 next week as well....

Yay for exp might aswell delete a char to get that sweet sweet exp... All this event will do is screw up the leaderboard for the map, just like raining ogres did to endless.

Insane+ should be 100% now show that off with reasonable chars instead

Where's the patch notes at!?

Ha, was just wondering the same thing. They said this weekend, but the upcoming notes haven't even been updated yet.

Ha, was just wondering the same thing. They said this weekend, but the upcoming notes haven't even been updated yet.

Lol i haven't played today waiting for patch notes.

Hopefully 360 and PS3 get the patch and dlc before the event. Many people already have max level characters.

*I doubt we will get them in time. I seriously need to stop having high hopes for this game at this point.

I was told that it was going out last night. I'll look into the situation and see what happened. I'm incredibly sorry about that.

Meet the Trendy Team will come out in tomorrow's Digest and not as a separate post this week.