Sign in to follow this  
CrzyRndm

Late game bug/RNG fixing

... Open gameplay, as there is just too much non-legit things going on...

Open is policed for hacks the same as Ranked. Open is allowed by Trendy to have mods / maps developed from the DDDK. Mods / maps which can have 'hacked' like changes. So basically per Trendy you can have crazy stats using the DDDK, but you can't hack using memory type editors. So I wouldn't call most things 'non-legit' in open. In fact since you can use the DDDK to cheat, I have never understood why someone would use a hacking tool that would get them banned in either Ranked or Open. But some people playing are not very wise. Of course; cheating whether legit method (i.e. DDDK) or non-legit (i.e. hacking) really just cheats yourself in the long run.

Open is policed for hacks the same as Ranked. Open is allowed by Trendy to have mods / maps developed from the DDDK. Mods / maps which can have 'hacked' like changes. So basically per Trendy you can have crazy stats using the DDDK, but you can't hack using memory type editors. So I wouldn't call most things 'non-legit' in open. In fact since you can use the DDDK to cheat, I have never understood why someone would use a hacking tool that would get them banned in either Ranked or Open. But some people playing are not very wise. Of course; cheating whether legit method (i.e. DDDK) or non-legit (i.e. hacking) really just cheats yourself in the long run.

Everything you stated I already know. Perhap legit wasn't the correct word but the end-result is the same. I want to play the game as intended by the developer's "ranked" ruleset.

I'm a huge fan of mods for games, as I believe it gives superior longevity. But for a game where you are forever min-maxing and attempting to to keep winning new challenges under a specific ruleset, Open modding leads to a lot of problems when you don't want to break out of that ruleset (if you let it of course).

Anyway. For as long as I've been playing, it still saddens me to see certain things un-fixed or altered by developement of the game, while new things kept getting added otherwise (usually via paid DLC, but not always).

To pick up an item from the floor, and have it's stats be different is one of the single most frustrating rewards that I can think of. There's plenty to make up for it, but this issue shouldn't have lasted weeks past it's initial discovery.

I agree.

I would love for TC's to be better implemented without the bugs.

When I was involved in rogue-likes and game programming with them, the mods that were true to the concept were called vanilla. I happen to like vanilla, with the occasional time playing variants.

In the end it all boils down to the fact that everything coded in after insane mode, wasn't design planned and it shows in the code. I dare say that if Trendy had it to do all over again from scratch with nightmare mode in mind that the code would like very different. But what do I know, I'm just a code hobbyist.

Sucks... I've been watching this thread for a good while now, hoping it would've been in the game before DD died. So much for that :(

Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us.