Sign in to follow this  
CrzyRndm

Late game bug/RNG fixing

Personally, I think copter ogres shouldn't be seperate, I think that copters should fly in, and pick up a normal ogre, rather than spawning with them. That's what I thought they'd do at first, but nope.

Not sure if this is possible, but it'd be nice to see.

Personally, I think copter ogres shouldn't be seperate, I think that copters should fly in, and pick up a normal ogre, rather than spawning with them. That's what I thought they'd do at first, but nope.

^We have them pick up normal ogres too

Could you possibly fix mix mode pathing?

Wyverns and spiders get stuck in spawns (or just at random points on the map) the easiest way to fix this is if a monster hasn't made significant progress towards a crystal for 10-15 seconds despawn it and respawn it at a new spawn point. Alternatively if it has taken some damage don't respawn it.

do the same for anything that gets stuck out of bounds on the crystal dimension.

And the summoner has made spiders completely irrelevant but no one seems to care about that. You don't even need to plan for spiders in any special way because your minions will take care of them no matter how you place them. For sharken and djinn you at least have to give a little thought to gas trap placement.

To be honest, what has mainly made the spiders irrelevant for me is the DU that I free up by relying on the MU for DPS - DU that I can use for Electric Auras, Inferno Traps and Lightning Towers, which with the addition of Tower Buff Beams actually have a chance of fending off spiders now. In my opinion, it is mostly the Buff Beams and the added breathing room in the DU pool that came with the introduction of MU (plus the Strength Drain buff) that have made those previously underused towers popular. So in that aspect, regardless of what people say about them, I think the EV and Summoner DLCs are among the best things to have happened in DD.

On the other hand, Summoner has made Sharkens pretty much irrelevant as Sharkens never trigger on minions. It seems that when I have even a littlest Physical Beam in my setup, then no matter how many traps, auras and turrets I place, a Sharken will sooner or later manage to charge it and slip past, most likely during a late wave with 5 ogres around. Since I have started using minion walls only, Sharkens might as well not exist.

While we're on that topic:

- Spider "no-target" AI

What exactly does that mean?

What exactly does that mean?

Giving spiders a secondary target (after players) so they dont end up Idling till despawn if you die on HC

Has any more progress been made on this?

Not a lot.

Two big reasons:
A) TC's dont have any of the maps that this would be useful for (ie. maps stop at misty and related challenges), and currently I dont know how to add the relevant maps in to bring it up to date.

This basicly means all the big changes (upgrade rollovers, GoNeg, etc.) have nothing to work on.

B) My last 3 weeks have been hectic. I dont have the energy or time atm to figure out A)

I do stuff when I can, but it hasn't been often recently :(

Random thought, would it be possible to also fix the quality of loot from chests, nothing says welcome to nm then seeing an amazing item drop from a chest on like wave 20 of nm hc mm. I by all means don't want ults every time but there should atleast be a minimum quality chest drop.

Not a lot.

Two big reasons:
A) TC's dont have any of the maps that this would be useful for (ie. maps stop at misty and related challenges), and currently I dont know how to add the relevant maps in to bring it up to date.

This basicly means all the big changes (upgrade rollovers, GoNeg, etc.) have nothing to work on.

B) My last 3 weeks have been hectic. I dont have the energy or time atm to figure out A)

I do stuff when I can, but it hasn't been often recently :(

A.) You have to make a copy of every map you make changes to and put them in your TC maps forlder (Under content) Then you have to go and redo the Tavern's Kismet Map List setup to reference those maps instead of the default maps. Might prove to be troublesome to do since there is a lot of secure scripting going on in the Tavern's setup. That being the case, you might have to make your own setup for it.

But this presents another problem, you're going to have to find a way to do it so that people are not getting paid DLC content for free. So if you do make changes to maps it has to be purely through unreal script, or you have to create new custom rewards that mirror the ones you're trying to fix.

A.) You have to make a copy of every map you make changes to and put them in your TC maps forlder (Under content) Then you have to go and redo the Tavern's Kismet Map List setup to reference those maps instead of the default maps. Might prove to be troublesome to do since there is a lot of secure scripting going on in the Tavern's setup. That being the case, you might have to make your own setup for it.

But this presents another problem, you're going to have to find a way to do it so that people are not getting paid DLC content for free. So if you do make changes to maps it has to be purely through unreal script, or you have to create new custom rewards that mirror the ones you're trying to fix.

Wonder if trendy would be able to assist on something like that to be able to make it a little easier. I know they are working on their "new project" however dd is still getting supported just not updated like it used to.

Ty for the help Nexus. Life is finally calming down again (atleast for a week or so >.<), so i'll see if I can't get a complete working version together (if only just to provide an example of how it would change things b/c of the next point)
But this presents another problem, you're going to have to find a way to do it so that people are not getting paid DLC content for free.

That was my other issue.

It's just frustrating having stuff that I can see how effective it is, but I can't effectively share :(

The only thing I can think for you to is this : Include the oirginal maps, since they aren't DLC. Keep the DLC maps out for now and run with just the base game for the time being. Maybe someone on the Dev team can help with a Total Conversion DLC Content Check script/code. That way no one can access the files without having legitimately acquired the DLC.

My only concern with doing the original maps is those aren't the ones with the major imbalances it's usually the shard maps that are giving the biggest issues. At least that's what I've noticed.

[quote]It's just frustrating having stuff that I can see how effective it is, but I can't effectively share[/quote]

Stick your changes into a git repository. Use git patch (eg generate a set of unified diffs of the edited files) Share the diffs. Only people who own the game can apply the diffs against a TC of their own to get your changes.

BAHAHA. Yay for free time :D

Experimenting with some things tonight and finally managed to get Palantir in, although it's not the one I wanted originally (boss rush. Because its a package, it has to load two files and I dont have a clue for that. On the bright side, palantir has higher quality :D). It's not perfect (continuous combat phases for some reason and no XP), but I'm playing Palantir right now :D.

I'm sort of hoping that just being able to show how much rollovers/GoNeg/ are killing loot, Trendy might actually change something.

Collecting Rewards as I post this. Already got a supreme pet from the first 12 items

EDIT

Had to dump the first batch after I couldn't tell the difference between rewards and stuff that was already there (why the sup pet isn't on here), but here is a quick breakdown of batch 2

Format: Item Quality Upgrades
Pets
Hawk Trans 269
Weapons
Sword Ultimate 320
Sword Ultimate 308
Sword Trans 255
Bow Ultimate 296
Bow Ultimate 310
Bow Ultimate 291
Spear Ultimate 288
Armour
Cap Trans 116
Boots Myth 1
Boots Supreme 226
Boots Godly 140

Don't know about you guys, but that's my best haul in a long time. Do another few runs before I do a full writeup, but rollovers (the only fix currently in action) seem to be even worse than I thought...

EDIT

Holy ****

I just got two pieces of ult armour on the second run...

Are you still collecting information on Palantir rewards? I've finally been playing some and occasionally yeah I get some decently high level rewards, but finding the rollover and GoNeg stuff plaguing items horribly.

Are you still collecting information on Palantir rewards? I've finally been playing some and occasionally yeah I get some decently high level rewards, but finding the rollover and GoNeg stuff plaguing items horribly.

Yes, although I switched mostly to Classics b/c it's a constant item

I've not played DD in about 2 months but was a keen player with 1000+ hours.

Has anything been done yet about the RNG/ stats trolling over? Did CrazyRndm's idea make a patch?
I do really miss this game and aside from new maps, this is the only thing that'll bring me back!

Arctic

Has anything been done yet about the RNG/ stats trolling over? Did CrazyRndm's idea make a patch?
I do really miss this game and aside from new maps, this is the only thing that'll bring me back!

Not quite, but the Christmas DDDK update actually made it likely I can get a distributable version done :)

Working on porting the changes to the newer version over the next few days.

It makes me sad that this thread hasn't seen much updates lately.
These gear change/stat roll-over fixes needed to be in the game 10+ months ago :(

I always speak highly of Trendy, but it hurts me a little deep as a long-time player that important things like these never got patched into the Live code.

It's just, I'd like to see things go live into the Ranked version. I'm all about mods, customizing and what not, but I've not played enough of this game yet to venture into full-on Open gameplay, as there is just too much non-legit things going on :)

Either way, I really hope something happens here with the main issues at least. I know I've been hoping a while, but ya never know...