Any other way to backup a gamesave?

I somehow managed to delete my level 83 squire yesterday, not even sure how it happened i was switching characters and noticed it just wasn't their anymore......

You used to be able to back up saves to a memory stick but i noticed that a lot of more recent games only give you the option to backup to psn plus, is this down to sony or the game developers?

If it is down to the developers, with the amount of bugs and crashes in this game wouldn't it be a good idea to let customers the ability to back up their game saves to a memory stick?

I also noticed that their are 2 game saves, a game save and a backup gamesave but they both have exactly the same time and date whats the purpose of this?

I have a level 83, Monk and Apprentice & a level 82 huntress so i'm grudgingly grinding to level up my squire again, it certainly takes a huge bite out of your defense strength with a low level squire...... but i think for most people if they lost all their characters they'd just give the game up, it'd be a good idea to have some kind of deleted hero "recycle bin"

The only way is via PS+ sorry :(

For DD, yes.

[QUOTE]You used to be able to back up saves to a memory stick but i noticed that a lot of more recent games only give you the option to backup to psn plus, is this down to sony or the game developers?[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that Sony coordinates with the Game Devs (or do this completely on their own, I'm not 100% sure) to keep making money off PS+. You can still backup most of your game saves with the Memory Stick though.

Like iv said before, you can back up your DD saved files but it requires you to back up your whole system, just go to system scroll down till you see restore system click it and then click back up as long as you have a big enough external it will copy everything over including your DD files, only bad thing is you can't restore a different system with this backup. That's why I left for pc, witch I'd recommend everyone doing, 3 days on pc and iv got stats that no one could ever touch on console.

Like iv said before, you can back up your DD saved files but it requires you to back up your whole system, just go to system scroll down till you see restore system click it and then click back up as long as you have a big enough external it will copy everything over including your DD files, only bad thing is you can't restore a different system with this backup. That's why I left for pc, witch I'd recommend everyone doing, 3 days on pc and iv got stats that no one could ever touch on console.

You have to realize that people (in general) would not spend nearly $1,000 for a computer. I know I wouldn't simply because they become outdated in 6 months with even more cutting edge technology.

The only way is via PS+ sorry :(

^^ this. I know it sucks, but sorry this the sole safe way of saving your game file.. I tried flash drives & external hard drive (western digital) its not working. PS+ is the only way..