Sign in to follow this  
nhiser

Boss Rush Dragon Boss

The dragon is the only boss that gives me issues on NMHC and I wanted to see if other people had similar problems with him. I just spent about 8 minutes fighting him and ended up quitting because I was too low on time to finish the other fights. In the first 3 minutes of the fight he only crossed 3 ballistas which makes it very hard to actually get a hit on him and be able to kill him with all the ogres and goblin copters flying around. Not only did that cause problems but when i did get him to the side of the map, he would fly off after taking one or two hits and I could only get about 1/4 of his health off him. So like I said, I want to know if any one has some suggestions to me or if this is a non-preventable situation.

well ya its a pain so i let others hit him then i have a monk boost my barb and 1 or 2 hit him with hawk stance makes it really quick and the last couple of times i ran boss rush we finished with like 9 or 10 min left

When the wave starts, wait for it at the southwest ballista because it almost always flies past there first. When you actually do hit it, wait until it breathes fire. It will hurt like hell, but it can't fly away when it's doing this attack.

I think the dragon is the hardest (most annoying) boss, especially solo. With all mobs following and harassing you it's hard to hit the beast. Make sure to pick a fast (to outrun the mobs and running after the dragon) and very hard hitting character.
I prefer my monk for hero boost with a sea horse.

I usually wait for him at the southwest ballista and hit him every time. Then, with my barb I wait for fire breath and hawk him as many times as necessary.

I use 2 125k saws and a 188 intensity cat, stats are 3k atk and 900 hawk

I usually wait for him at the southwest ballista and hit him every time.

Always works. He might muck around a little immediately after spawning, but I've never seen him not go past this ballista first.

If you have a barb + cat in your game, get him to stand just out of melee range to bait it into flaming, then everyone run in to hit it with everything (barb can hawk twice if he's quick, so dont wait for monk boost to let the first one off).

Do not attack the dragon until he is breathing fire (not fireballs), if you do this he will not move away until the animation is complete (as opposed to leaving based on when a certain amount of damage is done). Doing this properly with enough DPS you can kill him on a single landing

My team beat the Dragon with a Barb and cat pet boosted by a monk. Hawk stance one shot = dead dragon. Solo would be tough.