Sign in to follow this  
Finalefireworker

So what are the hidden stat caps I should know about?

All right.

Sometimes I see people referencing stats that don't seem to matter after a certain number. Apprentice Guardians, for example, apparently don't do anything extra after a certain boost number. Hero Speed does nothing past 100.

I read somebody say that Monk auras don't increase in size after 500, which I hope isn't true.
I've also read that the Hero Attack on a Summoner doesn't matter after 500, which I also hope isn't true.

I know there are a lot of people who know these numbers because they're familiar with the game's code, but normal people have no way of knowing this. I consider myself a semi-normal person, but I'd love a consolidated list of this kind of information.

That I can remember off the top of my head, guardians boost caps at 45(I think), guardian range caps at 90.
Hero speed caps at 100.
Summoner minion attack rate and range increase very slowly after 500.
Aura size increases quite slowly after 1.5k or so.

Guardian caps at 40 boost and 90 range.
Hero speed caps at 100, and there's a detailed hero stat ramp post in the Guides section.
That just leaves towers, and no tower stats are capped as far as I know. Some just scale badly after a certain point, and it varies from person to person when they think it's not worth the upgrade points anymore. No one has made detailed tower stat graphs yet. It is theoretically possible to read the code or to do it on Open (by making armor with a lot of upgrades in DDDK and plotting the stats in nm as you upgrade it).

Summoner doesnt need more than 1.2k minion attack rate. Archers shoot 1.5 arrows per second at this point and it wont increase. I actually have 2.2k attack rate and attack speed is the same.

Buff beams just dont scale past 700 range stat (EV forum has a very detailed writeup on buff scaling)
Any physical tower indicating > 60 range units is effectively wasted. Their projectiles "die" at 60 range. This is about 600-800 for harps on a buff.
Aura/trap range > 1.5-2k isn't helping much.
Everything Reflectice said
The Summoner's MINION stats slow down at 500? Seriously? How do you build a Summoner then?

He's talking about rate, not damage/health.

B/c minions animation speed scales terribly (Attack speed boost is the number relating to animation. You'll notice its much lower than attack rate), it really isnt worth putting any points into unlike other damage towers. So long as you have all tower stats +ve on every armour piece, you don't have to worry about it or range (also terrible scaling)

Should note that summon time is independent of cast rate.