Why kick people?

What's the point of making a public game if you just boot everyone? Kick option should only be in private matches. I hope if they make a DD2 that the "Kick" option isn't in it.

I disagree; while people do abuse the kick feature, to suggest that hosts shouldn't be able to kick people from their public games is counter-productive IMO.

If someone joins my game when they are either not prepared for w/e I'm looking to do, or is just generally unhelpful (or griefing) they need to be kicked ASAP. A better option would be to have the towers go along with the kicked player.

As of now (and prolly forever) the best option to combat host kicking is to host your own game.

there are certain things that i find easier to do with more players than my usual duo like vocanic eruption if someone jions with crud gear im gunna boot them simple as that no one wants people jioning that are moochers and will die really easily while not helping the team to suceed

What's the point of making a public game if you just boot everyone? Kick option should only be in private matches. I hope if they make a DD2 that the "Kick" option isn't in it.
Private matches are where kick is least needed. How do you remove an actual troublemaker from your game if there is no kick button?

If you don't like getting kicked from games, then you should host your own, or check the game name / settings before you join so you can be sure you're an appropriate match for the game.

People usually have a reason for kicking. Some of these reasons are avoidable: Only want to play with less players than the maximum (just click hide game), or waiting for a certain person to fill the last slot (again, just click hide game til the person is ready to join). Other times, it's because your stats aren't good enough or level isn't high enough, or not the character they need, etc. These are all legitimate reasons- the real problem is that a lot of people don't have the courtesy to say why they're removing you from their game.

Kick option being in private matches would sort of negate the whole reason for private matches.

And kicking is quite understandable if you're making a public game with your friend or something. I wish there was a reserve spot option for this, but for now, kicking is all you can do.
And then there's the times when kicking is incredibly justified, like hackers joining your game, rude people you just don't want in there, or as Vesper said, griefers/people doing more harm than good

What's the point of making a public game if you just boot everyone?

Reasons include:
1) Your stats are too low, you do not have what hosts needs, or you have hacked stats,
2) Host is keeping one spot open for a friend to join, and the public slots are filled already.
3) You play really badly.
4) You made the host upset, like not listening to host, arguing with host, looting all the items, selling towers, afk'ing w/o permission, etc.
5) Host is a griefer.

Kick option should only be in private matches. I hope if they make a DD2 that the "Kick" option isn't in it.

Then, people would make public matches to find people, friend them, close the match, and then make a private game, excluding you. Oh wait, they already do this! This will just kick the few remaining good hosts off public, so everyone left will be counting on you to carry the team. Yes, the power can be abused, but some chance at finding a good host is better than none, right? I certainly see more problems with joining players (incl. griefers) than hosts, so I think the power is in the right place.

I actually haven't been kicked out of more then a handful of games so far, since I usually join games I have appropriate stats for. I think two or three times I was randomly dropped for joining a game called DPS needed with a builder as my current active character, its a little bothersome when people won't wait 5 seconds for you to change to what they requested. On that note I would love a character change option on the game selection screeen, rather then spending 15-20 seconds to quit out, log back in as new char - when the game will probably be full after I swap.

Reasons include:
1) Your stats are too low, you do not have what hosts needs, or you have hacked stats,
2) Host is keeping one spot open for a friend to join, and the public slots are filled already.
3) You play really badly.
4) You made the host upset, like not listening to host, arguing with host, looting all the items, selling towers, afk'ing w/o permission, etc.
5) Host is a griefer.

^^ about sums it up.

1) Is ridiculously common. People joining (NM shards)/(Hard NM challenges) with <1k stats OR no resists on an obvious DPS character are going to be asked to leave. Hacked stats is also not an unusual reason
2) The inability to switch a public match to a private one once started is the cause here. You can imagine how fast W19 aqua fills up...
3) If someone comes in and asks if they can AFK in the corner...
4) Attacking the dragon on boss rush at the wrong time... (I normally check everyone knows about this, so it's instant kick)

^^ about sums it up.

1) Is ridiculously common. People joining (NM shards)/(Hard NM challenges) with <1k stats OR no resists on an obvious DPS character are going to be asked to leave. Hacked stats is also not an unusual reason
2) The inability to switch a public match to a private one once started is the cause here. You can imagine how fast W19 aqua fills up...
3) If someone comes in and asks if they can AFK in the corner...
4) Attacking the dragon on boss rush at the wrong time... (I normally check everyone knows about this, so it's instant kick)

when you must attack the dragon boss on boss rush?? i want know :P (from console)

when you must attack the dragon boss on boss rush?? i want know :P (from console)

If you wait for it to breathe fire, it can't leave till the animation is finished. Any other way and you have to hit it with the harps 8-10 times (much harder to do than summit dragon). Think morrago genie king running off to his lamps if he's not flaming

I often make hcnm surv aquanos games public with a title like "DPS w/Genie&70+ResONLY". EVERY SINGLE TIME I get tons of players joining who have resists like 14/0/23/0. And they don't have a genie. And they're in tower gear. And when I ask them to switch to their DPS please, they don't change heroes, or tell me, "This IS my DPS". BOOT!

By making my games public, I am providing a service for the community. I let people play with me, and get loot, and benefit from my generosity. However, you just can't play co-op with a noob who has less than 50% resists. When you get people with no resists, you either CARRY them, or you boot them. I choose boot. I'd rather have random pubs HELP me, not BURDEN me. That's why I boot countless people from my pub games.

Its all fun and games until a level 36 joins your NMHC Survival City In The Cliffs game and you cant kick him.

This stuff doesn't really happen much since the minimum level feature was added. If you choose to lower the minimum level, then you're choosing to allow those people to join your game.

This stuff doesn't really happen much since the minimum level feature was added. If you choose to lower the minimum level, then you're choosing to allow those people to join your game.

Thats the issue...

No one uses minimum level feature.
No one hides the game.
No one uses private game for playing with friends.

I struggle to see some peoples logic... :/

We need the kick option. For all the Riff raff that comes bolting into our games trying to abuse us for their personal gain meanwhile we had to toil in the salt mines and get our diamonds the hard way.

[QUOTE]
No one uses minimum level feature.[/QUOTE]Actually, almost everybody uses the minimum level feature, because it's set by default, based on the level of the hero you create the game with.

[QUOTE]No one uses private game for playing with friends.[/QUOTE]Actually, most people do- but you don't see them because they're... private.