*Loot is placed in a "grand chest" which would be your crystal, you must protect the chest from the waves of monsters. The longer you wait the better the reward, though by playing longer you risk losing your reward if the map is failed, via player death on HC or destruction of the chest.

*Possibly only accessible after you've defeated the map, and only once per completion, to keep it balanced.

*Random loot rewarded based on highest wave achieved.

*Difficulty based on mode chosen plus a player level modifier, which is based on the highest level player currently on the board. If the highest level is 90 then the difficulty is, lets say 20%, harder than if you are lv83, but the reward reflects the change in difficulty.

*No experience gained.

*To avoid a single player opening the chest without consensus, it can only be opened if all players also unlock the chest.

*Loot directly deposited into player inventory such as with any map win after opening the chest to avoid loot hogging.

What do you guys think? Is it a solid idea or does it sound just lame?

Please feel free to comment on my idea, but please explain any suggestions or criticism, it would greatly help on expanding the idea if people didn't just flame it without explanation.

Pc, it would be to drastic to ever be implemented on consoles.

ya alot of stuff put on consol woul be caotice. i like the idea and support it well but maybe some exp :)

I remember someone suggesting this a while back. Pretty sure it's dead by now.

ya alot of stuff put on consol woul be caotice. i like the idea and support it well but maybe some exp :)

.-. caotice?

Sounds like a nifty idea, but I would drop the player's level having anything to do with it.

Sounds like a nifty idea, but I would drop the player's level having anything to do with it.

I threw it in there to add a new degree of difficulty/reward. So lets say your level 90 and you don't want tons of mythical armor. I thought maybe saying if your level 90 you would get less myth more supreme, something along those lines. But at the same time if your lower level it would give you armor you can wear, because if you are, lets say lv74 it will be easier but you'll see less supreme and more myths.

@lord, I suggested no exp so that, if it is applied the player level modifier doesn't get tweaked during game-play. Also whats the fun in out leveling your armor before you can even get it. The idea is based around a survival format and if you were to gain exp it would ruin the fun because you wouldn't want/need the myth armor anymore.

I like the idea, though wouldn't it make regular Survival pointless for item farming?

I think the concept would really shine in the form of a new DLC challenge map, somewhat of a cross between traditional challenges and Survival.

I like the idea, though wouldn't it make regular Survival pointless for item farming?

I think the concept would really shine in the form of a new DLC challenge map, somewhat of a cross between traditional challenges and Survival.

Possibly, but that is also why I suggested it only be accessible once per completion of a map, so lets say you want to do a NMHC run on Loot mode aqua, you first need to do NMHC Aqua to access loot mode for one run.

Basically loot mode would only be for people proficient at a certain map on whichever difficulty.

This is what should happen to all loot on the map, when dropped by mobs to just go to one centralized location off screen. And as the loot builds up to a cap, start "merging" items at random. Say your on a map that drops at most godly. After so many waves of not looting, the player should be guaranteed a low quality myth.

Or even on a shards map that has a high drop rate of myth. Say after 1b of potential item value has gathered, they become a supreme item of average quality, but only the myth items would count towards this as to not waste any already gathered supreme and higher.

If nothing else, Like someone mentioned earlier, just have all items collect into a "group" item box between each wave and allow anyone who wants, to loot from it in the same fashion as looting from the ground.
And for mana, instead of capping the mana count on the map. make all the mana able to collect into larger tokens instead of disappearing.