So, after the jester, the 4th Eternia Shard and all that stuff, its been sometimes and even Patch thread hasn.t got any attention (like there is nothing to fix lol). So i ask, have DD reached its limit?

Or are they working on DD2?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after the jester, the 4th Eternia Shard and all that stuff, its been sometimes and even Patch thread hasn.t got any attention (like there is nothing to fix lol). So i ask, have DD reached its limit?

Or are they working on DD2?

For the most part, yes. Trendy is apparently working on "Projects", but I'm sure they will still send a few patches here and there.

Yes, I remember the Trendy Entertainment team talking about the Jester being the last addition to Dungeon Defenders. From what Laura said they are working on a new game and the artwork is out of this world.

I vaguely remember somewhere that nightmare wasn't going to be "endgame", but I suppose I might be imagining things.

I vaguely remember somewhere that nightmare wasn't going to be "endgame", but I suppose I might be imagining things.

Don't be ashamed, happens to a lot of people :D

I'm pretty sure they mentioned that they'd be adding more than just the shards, which has happened (map packs, new heroes, holiday stuff), and I'm pretty pleased with.

Now I've never even heard anyone suggest there would come another difficulty after nightmare mode though.

Yes, I remember the Trendy Entertainment team talking about the Jester being the last addition to Dungeon Defenders. From what Laura said they are working on a new game and the artwork is out of this world.

I believe Jester was specified as the last Hero, rather than the last content addition.

Certainly the map contest confirms they do intend to add new content into the game eventually, even if they didn't make it themselves.

I believe Jester was specified as the last Hero, rather than the last content addition.

Certainly the map contest confirms they do intend to add new content into the game eventually, even if they didn't make it themselves.

Exactly. We're still providing patch support for the game, as well.

they will (or not) add more maps and stuff, it still have a bit of life...

also they no wanted to have 100 levels?

I asked this in one of the streams and luara said and i quote "there will be no more dlc's added to DD, buuuuut... we are working on bigger projects." well that explains it all... they will not be releasing any more dlc but maybe some free stuff from patches here and there.... but most likely they are working on something lets say, "better" than dlc's *cough*DD2*cough*

The issue I see with a DD2 is that any progress we made will be lost. It will feel like it was all a waste. :/

Just my thought.

BUT THEN
"Dungeon Defenders save detected. Permanent loot bonus added."

Or an item transfer ;) dat wud be kwl

That'd also make the game pointless unless they have 3 more difficulty modes meant for our kind of gear and up.

50k stats anyone?

If they made progression a little more obvious (and/or likely at high end), I don't see an issue with starting again. There would be no point starting with 2k+ stats
50k stats anyone?

Lol. Given current decay rates...

Unless they fix the frickin progression gap, it is over. Lost a lot of friends so far, and I can only see more leaving in the near future. No update for patch notes in over a week now; no hope at all in terms of RNG being tweaked so you don't have to spend 10-15 hours a day to MAYBE get a decent upgrade to move forward.

The simple fact that choppers are still on every map with nothing to compensate for it (again, back to loot quality and RNG issues) is driving people out. Not to mention the economy is a joke... it is not about the actual currency.. no that would be too convenient.. it is about cubes, rocks and chickens.. perhaps the occasional armguard. Sure you could buy a cube for 80-110 bil, but the average player who is gearing up for the first time will not be able to achieve such an amount in a reasonable amount of time.

I guess I am posting out of desperation, because I want to keep playing this game, but the RNG is starting to piss me off to no end. Sorry about that.

Wait...that's it? That's really poor of Trendy. This game has so much potential and so many problems and now they are literally dropping it. That's like Bad Company 2 Vietnam...

Personally, id prefer a dd2 game in about 2 years or more. Im tired of sequels within a year, especially when the stuff in sequels could have easily been added to the first.

Id like a tripwire-ish approach of just map packs from the community, with achivements for maps and maybe a new weapon pack once a year.

As for bug fixes, should be a small (1 or 2) people working on dd while everyone else is working on "projects", at least thats what most do...but that means slower turn around for fixes.....generally.

I do not think there is a HUGE progression gap anymore. There are guides out there that pretty much hold your hand and lead you through that "huge gap". I think that what's driving most people off, is the sheer amount of time you have to invest to bridge that gap (and even after, to progress into the 3k stat range, unless you have a friend just giving you gear). And...

[...] but the RNG is starting to piss me off to no end. Sorry about that.

THIS. So. much. this.

I don't recall anyone from Trendy or in authoritah! stating that the new game (bigger project/etc.) would be DD2. And the statement that the graphics are out of this world... could be taken two ways. Great graphics... or space futuristic graphics.

I guess I am posting out of desperation, because I want to keep playing this game, but the RNG is starting to piss me off to no end. Sorry about that.

I'm sorta in the same boat. Posting here cuz I love the game, but not playing the game because the RNG is too unforgiving. There needs to be a minimum item quality depending on the max item quality multipler, would likely help a lot of people.

What's this you say? The item generator is broken? Surely not!

That's incredible! Better than anything I've gotten from King's Game! (honestly :I)

Even if they fix the bugs there are, still no reason for me to play this game. Unless they add new content.

Doubt DD2 is happening as well.
back to dm_store.

I can however see myself going to open - if I can just figure out how to make a TC that would have little code changes like no more roll-overs, ugly RNG, selectable difficulty factor on NM (i.e. increase factor to make a map more difficult with a linked corresponding increase in loot factor), etc. (bug type fixes or improvements to vanilla game) - but not with any munchkin mod to it in order to keep it challenging.

like no more roll-overs, ugly RNG, selectable difficulty factor on NM (i.e. increase factor to make a map more difficult with a linked corresponding increase in loot factor), etc. (bug type fixes or improvements to vanilla game)

What I would give to see all this happen...