Mac support thread - Bugs/fixes & workarounds

Don't See any Games in Online Mode

I just got DD from the Mac App store. I can play locally fine, but when I click on "online" I do not see any
games, either on private or on other options. What should I do to play on other games, with other people?

I just got DD from the Mac App store. I can play locally fine, but when I click on "online" I do not see any
games, either on private or on other options. What should I do to play on other games, with other people?

Open your Configuration from the launcher. Are you on GameCenter or GameSpy?

Open your Configuration from the launcher. Are you on GameCenter or GameSpy?

I've checked both, and have gotten negative results for both, although, I did see one game on GameSpy, and I couldn't connect to it. Perhaps no one is online...?

*boots up mac*

many games on mac showing up here, i don't have the app store version though, Hitmonchan are they cross compatible (app store and steam) ?

Cipher

ps been quite busy with exams/3D project and Drawing project, sorry for not replying sooner

*boots up mac*

many games on mac showing up here, i don't have the app store version though, Hitmonchan are they cross compatible (app store and steam) ?

Cipher

ps been quite busy with exams/3D project and Drawing project, sorry for not replying sooner

I'm fairly sure Steam and Game Center don't work together...

[QUOTE]
many games on mac showing up here, i don't have the app store version though, Hitmonchan are they cross compatible (app store and steam) ?[/QUOTE]No. they're not. Gamespy is available for both versions but Steam != GameCenter. Separate beasts.

i can't test whether there are games or not then, guessing steam mac version might be ore popular, but can't confirm that

Cipher

• 1 month later...
So, let me get this straight. I'm having the same issue (same computer and OS) as Rebellious Moose, and this whole ordeal is a game bug, and it is fine when I'm in overhead. Has it been tested in an actual match yet? I am having the bug in the Tavern as well. I am glad to know it is not entirely a Mac issue.

EDIT: I used the overhead fix and it works fine, but now, about five mins into the game (actual round, not Tavern), it crashes completely and I have to Cmd-Tab out and Force Quit. I'd really like to play in Online and not Local, 1. as an extra failsafe, and 2. I can prove I don't cheat, etc. ANY help at all will be appreciated. I recently got re-fired up to play this game, only to discover these issues. You can do it devs! Next patch hopefully! I've been absolutely dying to play this again!

Can't see hosted game on LAN.
I just downloaded the humble bundle version of Dungeon Defenders and am trying to get a mini 2-player LAN game going.
I try hosting with one machine and connecting with the other, but the non-host can't see the host. I've tried with both machines as host and nothing works. Any help / suggestions appreciated !

Dungeon Defenders V. 7.46c
Mac OS 10.8.2, 2012 Macbook Pro - w8GB ram