Host attitude problem on NMHC Mana Runs

Ok i've seen a recent rise in a growing problem. The hosts of the NMHC Mana Runs are pretty decent people, however a few bad apples are spoiling the whole bunch. Normally there is a spoken rule of upgrade/repair only, and thats fine and understandable. But what I honestly don't like to see is verbally abusive conduct from the host just because they can. I know what some of you trolls will say, Its the host, its their server, deal with it or host your own. I get that. What I'm saying is what is the need for purposedly being a douchebag? In the end this game is an online based game and the game is really only as good as the community that follows it. With the negative attitude 90% of the time, it will drive a lot of people away from the game, especially new players. I've seriously spent less than a wave in a few rooms because the host was so anal about everything.

So what I want the jerks who host the Mana Run servers, please remember that this game is as good as the players who play it, we all deserve a enjoyable experience when we play, if you get off on being a jerk to people, then I honestly feel sorry for you. Get a life. :kobold::kobold::kobold:

Ok i've seen a recent rise in a growing problem. The hosts of the NMHC Mana Runs are pretty decent people, however a few bad apples are spoiling the whole bunch. Normally there is a spoken rule of upgrade/repair only, and thats fine and understandable. But what I honestly don't like to see is verbally abusive conduct from the host just because they can. I know what some of you trolls will say, Its the host, its their server, deal with it or host your own. I get that. What I'm saying is what is the need for purposedly being a douchebag? In the end this game is an online based game and the game is really only as good as the community that follows it. With the negative attitude 90% of the time, it will drive a lot of people away from the game, especially new players. I've seriously spent less than a wave in a few rooms because the host was so anal about everything.

So what I want the jerks who host the Mana Run servers, please remember that this game is as good as the players who play it, we all deserve a enjoyable experience when we play, if you get off on being a jerk to people, then I honestly feel sorry for you. Get a life. :kobold::kobold::kobold:

Amen. The internet is full of trolls, there's nothing we can do about them.
Their game, their rules.
"pliis djoin i wont kick" but then "lolxd i jked xd bye"

...this game is as good as the players who play it..

best summary line ever :D
I agree with this post 100%

Unfortunately, while hacking and cheating are illegal, being a jerk is not. Having played this game for quite a while, I have learned not to expect much from public games; I only resort to them when I'm terminally bored and none of my friends are online or playing anything of interest to me. It makes the surprise all the more pleasant when you actually meet some nice people in 1 out of 10 games that you might even want to play with again later.

Otherwise, you always have the option of leaving the game and looking for another one, or simply taking a break and doing something else. And if you get kicked for no apparent reason... well, kicking is the host's right and no one can do anything about that.

I agree with you, I was in one server once... and the host treated me like a dog.
"You see that mana, yeah, use it."
"Did you upgrade?" "Yeah?" "Good boy."
Other bad things, that I can't remember, but it was bad.

It was too the point where I ALMOST sold some vital defenses of his.. Though I kept calm and just left, taking 1820 mana with me.

I agree with you, I was in one server once... and the host treated me like a dog.
"You see that mana, yeah, use it."
"Did you upgrade?" "Yeah?" "Good boy."
Other bad things, that I can't remember, but it was bad.

It was too the point where I ALMOST sold some vital defenses of his.. Though I kept calm and just left, taking 1820 mana with me.

Should've sold them. For great justice.

Should've sold them. For great justice.

I wanted to be the better person in the situation, but looking back I kinda regret doing so.. :P

I remember I was doing a shipwreck monster run and the host was yelling (all caps) at everyone to not loot a single thing and cursing. He actually thought the disappearing items (from the limit) were being looted and was cursing at evweryone . A piece of trans armor dropped that no one was taking so I did and got booted, but it was worth it to hear the host throw a fit like a little baby.

Seriously, when 99% of people say "no looting" they mean you can take a few things that are upgrades, but just don't go nuts. If people are going to be this anal they should just play single player.

I like the selling towers idea, specially when lots of ogres are approaching... Seems like a nice punishment xD

I actually did something similar to this once. I joined a game and the host asked if I had a summoner out. I brought mine out and he kicked the other summoner out of the game (who had taken the time to summon up to full MU for him) since my stats were better. He then asked to replace all the previous summoner's minions. I went around and sold all of them and left the game.

I actually did something similar to this once. I joined a game and the host asked if I had a summoner out. I brought mine out and he kicked the other summoner out of the game (who had taken the time to summon up to full MU for him) since my stats were better. He then asked to replace all the previous summoner's minions. I went around and sold all of them and left the game.

... now that wasn't nice some_guy, but for some stange reason I'm finding myself hoping that the minions you sold were fully upgraded. And that is even less nice of me to think that. O:-)

ts;dr - karma > dogma

Lol, you guyyys. xD

Edit: Okay, I've realized that being "the better person" is not really necessary in this game, and I should probably just give whatever the *** deserves.

Lol, you guyyys. xD

Edit: Okay, I've realized that being "the better person" is not really necessary in this game, and I should probably just give whatever the *** deserves.

IMO alot (not all but a majority) of the horrid behaviour stems from both the anonymity afforded by the net and the lack of consequence.

Once again IMO this is where the community has an opportunity to make the game a better place by self policing some of the worst behaviour. So if everyone did as some_guy did in selling off the minions cause the original builder got kicked - I doubt people would kick the first builder (or if the host was slow on the uptake then not after the third or fourth time).

So while I was joking with some_guy about his reaction, I honestly think he was the better person for sticking up for the original builder.

Lol, you guyyys. xD

You can rename one of your characters Karma, so when you're about to leave you Change characters into Karma and go around selling everything! Hahahhaha

* Karma Sold Physical Beam *

Karma is a *****! XD

You can rename one of your characters Karma, so when you're about to leave you Change characters into Karma and go around selling everything! Hahahhaha

* Karma Sold Physical Beam *

Karma is a *****! XD

I'm changing my summoner to this.

Man so it isn't just me seeing this attitude! I hopped in a shipwreak game the other day for fun and to help out a random person. The host had some weak builders for nmhc but after I built ALL of the DU defenses and started on MU ones the host starts going crazy about hitting G faster before I was done summoning. Were the minions necessary? Not to win but since most of the other players were still dying to DEWs and choppers while behind reflects I wanted to help the lower level guys stay alive longer. So I phased out, sold everything and just let the mobs mill around aimlessly after they killed everyone else off. I got more praise from every other player (other than the host throwing a fit) than I have seen hosting random games for pubs to join in on. Internet justice hooooooo!

So what is a public nmhc mana run? The only public games I host and see are xp runs or someone looking for a decnt person to dou with or people who want help.

So what is a public nmhc mana run? The only public games I host and see are xp runs or someone looking for a decnt person to dou with or people who want help.

You UP and Rep I AFK or I build Up and Rep or Up and Rep or Kick. Usually Magus Quarters. Pretty much survival.

DunDef Karma def. is indeed a b*tch. I have to agree that some of these morons who choose to be jerks for the simple fact that they have been playing the game longer need a bit of a reality check and a refresher course on what it was like back when they had scrub heroes. I will indeed enforce internet karma the next time some person chooses to abuse their power...Wave 25 with 10 mobs to go...only thing left is 15.5m ogres..you've been a d*ck all game...I sell all towers, procede to tell the host to "explitive himself" and leave...REVENGE!!!

DunDef Karma def. is indeed a b*tch. I have to agree that some of these morons who choose to be jerks for the simple fact that they have been playing the game longer need a bit of a reality check and a refresher course on what it was like back when they had scrub heroes. I will indeed enforce internet karma the next time some person chooses to abuse their power...Wave 25 with 10 mobs to go...only thing left is 15.5m ogres..you've been a d*ck all game...I sell all towers, procede to tell the host to "explitive himself" and leave...REVENGE!!!

I got kicked the other day from a room after I built the entire thing in misty nmhcmm. I was not a happy camper. I normally host my own room. I hadn't felt like building so I went lobby jumping. Needless to say, I will never build again unless it is in my own room.

You guys inspired me to do some charity runs, did one yesterday and one today. I opened a game called "I'm bored", with minimum lvl 1, when somebody entered I asked what they wanted to do, if it was Mana or Gear, I would start a throne room Mixmode on wave 20, if it was Exp I would start a Palantir NMHC campaign ^^

Met some nice people and they were very grateful, it was fun :)

You guys inspired me to do some charity runs, did one yesterday and one today. I opened a game called "I'm bored", with minimum lvl 1, when somebody entered I asked what they wanted to do, if it was Mana or Gear, I would start a throne room Mixmode on wave 20, if it was Exp I would start a Palantir NMHC campaign ^^

+1 for this. Kudos :)

nice to see some people do help out

so far i've been solo/duoing Hard Kings Game HC boosted all of my chars from 20's to 70 with my 75 Tower Squire

When it comes to NMHC runs the worst I've seen was the host calling everyone else's characters **** because they couldn't compare to his own. I've started to take screenshots of incidents where a player is being rude. Yesterday I met a player who has been incredibly kind and ran a dozen NM runs for me and a couple other players. He even helped me get new weapons for my monk and apprentice. It's players like that, that make me want to do the same for others.