Sign in to follow this  
Dragonsmight

Ultimate damage scaling for multiple weapons

This issue was already posted in the bug report forum and it didn't get any kind of response. I am looking to get some kind of acknowledgement from Trendy in patch notes or at least the Current known issues list.

The weapons that I have seen so far that aren't scaling properly at the Ultimate level

1. Eternian Greatsword
2. The Light Knight
3. Gambler's Polearm

It is very annoying to find an awesome 346^ Ultimate Eternian only to find out that fully upgraded it is worse than my current 278^ Trans.

If anyone knows of any other weapons affected please post.

I don't think the polearm is scaling properly cause I got a trans CD monk reward spear and it only had 233 ups and it scaled better than the ultimate polearm I have with 323 ups. Ranged when I upped that way in Open, when fully upped, my crystal spear did 181k per projectile and then the polearm does only 200k per projectile. While better, but it seems too low for a ultimate with 100 more ups.

I don't think the polearm is scaling properly cause I got a trans CD monk reward spear and it only had 233 ups and it scaled better than the ultimate polearm I have with 323 ups. Ranged when I upped that way in Open, when fully upped, my crystal spear did 181k per projectile and then the polearm does only 200k per projectile. While better, but it seems too low for a ultimate with 100 more ups.

Those are two entirely different weapons.

Yeah just exported my stuff to open and checked the eternia swords, while my trans eternia sword melee damage went up by 304 per upgrade my ultimate one only upgraded by 213 at their max per upgrade. Good thing i havent bother to upgrade the ultimate eternia swords yet or it would have been a waste of time and mana.

Wonder what other weapons migth have the issue besides the ones posted by Dragonsmight.

the oculus perhaps, scales horribly with only 48 per up (trans), don't know about ultimate though

Cipher

Those are two entirely different weapons.

I just tried a Trans polearm, it surpassed my ultimate polearm. with less ups and ranged base than the ultimate. That is what I'm getting at also. It was the same with the trans white knights I have compared to the supremes. My supreme has 260 ups and hte trans 130.... They were almost hte same with base damage. I've even seen some myths pawn shots doing more than my supreme pawn shot with more upgrades and starting base damage.

the oculus perhaps, scales horribly with only 48 per up (trans), don't know about ultimate though

Cipher

All staves except the newest ones have a very low damage per upgrade (48 sounds correct). CD/Sky City/Boss Rush rewards are the only exceptions

I just tried a Trans polearm, it surpassed my ultimate polearm. with less ups and ranged base than the ultimate. That is what I'm getting at also. It was the same with the trans white knights I have compared to the supremes. My supreme has 260 ups and hte trans 130.... They were almost hte same with base damage. I've even seen some myths pawn shots doing more than my supreme pawn shot with more upgrades and starting base damage.

I realize some Ultimate weapons are horribly broken, but you compared a CD reward weapon with the Polearm. Doesn't work as well using two different weapons one ultimate one not.

As to myths doing better, no idea why, probably rolled better, or the other person has better hero damage. Item quality isn't everything.

So that is 3 weapons for sure that are messed up, i'm sure Trendy is aware of it by now but let's hope we hear something from them about it.

When this happened with the steam saws was it in the upcoming patch notes or current issues list or did they just patch it??

All staves except the newest ones have a very low damage per upgrade (48 sounds correct). CD/Sky City/Boss Rush rewards are the only exceptions

aha! thanks for that info :) , makes the oculus pretty pointless though in fact makes both misty and morrago pointless for apprentice actually :(

would love to use a bloodshot all seeing or oculus which does decent damage, but they can never outperform my classic crested with 55k dmg =/

i'd love to see all boss weapons' scaling improved :)

Cipher

Oculus'ele damage scales based on hero damage, though, so you can get ~240/^ poison and just stay in SDs.

All weapon damage (outside of the elemental stat) scales based on hero damage... What would be the point of it otherwise?

So I shouldn't upgrade my ultimate E sword. I'll hold on top it for a while and see if this gets patched.

-type R blood-

So I shouldn't upgrade my ultimate E sword. I'll hold on top it for a while and see if this gets patched.

-type R blood-

Doing the same with my Gamblers.

EDIT: oops my mistake I was upgrading the wrong sword XD. Yeah they havent been fix at all ultimate E sword is still upgrading by 213 vs 304 of lower quality.

Ultimate E swords got fix on last patch 7.41b so it upgrades by 304 like the other qualities instead of the 213 it was upgrading by before, not sure if the other weapons were fix though.

no it doesn't, just checked mine and it still goes 213... (its not upped)

I have an ultimate prism glaive which only scales by 80 per upgrade. :/ Luckily I haven't bothered actually putting a lot of mana into, any more than required to meet that 80.

so i saw someone selling an eternian staff had 280-ish ups and only did 29-ish k dmg, a crested nearly doubles that, i don't think that's normal =/ so either crested is overpowered or eternian staff is underpowered, or all staves need to be revised in shard dlc

Cipher

That'd be cool if there were an option to reforge an already-upgraded ult eternian sword, but I'm not sure it'd be tracked back to its original values necessarily -- maybe a complete reforge -- keep the # of upgrades on the weapon but generate stats based on the quality? Charge like 600mil mana to do so?

From people I have talked to on the trading forums, it seems the ultimate Enchanted Bishop, Eternian mage staff and Lemurian Halbred are not getting more damage per up like they should.

However, this leads me to believe that a lot of the weapons are glitched.

So my question: Don't the devs have the tools to spawn whatever items they want? Shouldn't they be able spawn ultimate and non ultimate versions of all the weapons themselves and test them? It would certainly be more reasonable than having us farm ultimate versions of each weapon to verify it.

From people I have talked to on the trading forums, it seems the ultimate Enchanted Bishop, Eternian mage staff and Lemurian Halbred are not getting more damage per up like they should.

However, this leads me to believe that a lot of the weapons are glitched.

So my question: Don't the devs have the tools to spawn whatever items they want? Shouldn't they be able spawn ultimate and non ultimate versions of all the weapons themselves and test them? It would certainly be more reasonable than having us farm ultimate versions of each weapon to verify it.
I can tell you from personal experience that it takes a long time to sift through all that stuff. Time is not something they have a lot of at the moment. So please, stick to the topic and if you know of items which have problems, please post them. It's better if you post things you've found yourself, as secondary sources can be unreliable. Nobody's asking you to go out and farm all the weapons, only to list those which you actually happen to encounter as you play normally.

I can tell you from personal experience that it takes a long time to sift through all that stuff. Time is not something they have a lot of at the moment. So please, stick to the topic and if you know of items which have problems, please post them. It's better if you post things you've found yourself, as secondary sources can be unreliable. Nobody's asking you to go out and farm all the weapons, only to list those which you actually happen to encounter as you play normally.

I wouldn't consider my sources unreliable. They were people on the trading forums that were selling ultimate version of said weapons. I asked them how much damage they got per upgrade and then went and compared it to the supreme or lower version that I have myself.