Sign in to follow this  
Ngamok

Suggestion : Cold

New map idea, weapon affinity and ability ideas for a new map.

Map could be anything snow based even though there is one already but it's a city and Christmas based. Would prefer ice fortress or snowy tundra.

Weapon affinity and monster resists would be cold damage or ice damage. Frost blades could be this damage type by default much like some weapons in game already do elemental only damage.

Now for hero abilities:

Huntress / Ranger would have a Chill Trap that would freeze mobs that set if off and any mobs that pass through it while actively holding mobs get snared till it resets. Could affect Dark Elf Warriors or other mobs that might not be stunnable.

Monk / Initiate would have a chill aura that makes mobs take XX% more damage from the chill effect while in the aura. Nothing too nuts, something like 10%-20%. Dunno.

Countess / Squire would have a Freeze Towers maybe that snares targets it hits with an AoE like Fireball Tower has. DST tower speed, not really too fast, maybe 1s cast tops + projectile travel distance.

Apprentice / Adept would have a Snowball Launcher Tower like the Squire Tower I listed above. AoE Snare around the target it hits. Again, DST speed or maybe faster for them to give them more of a benefit.

Could have a challenge map be something like a mountain challenge. You fight waves of mobs as always and they come down a mountain side but sometimes an avalanche happens, dunno. End boss would be a YETI and survival would have a Yeti pet that shoots or throws snowballs or a mini snowman.

Edit: Switch the tower types for Squire / Apprentice. Apprentice visually would be Freeze Towers and Squire would be Snowball Launchers since it has to be mechanical.

i would approve of this myself. but for the apprentice, i'd give them an ice arrow tower that works the same as squire harpoons. that would give new purpose back to the apprentice class also, instead of everyone going with squire only for most builds and never apprentice for builds

Maybe this too?:

EV/Bounty Hunter: A tripwire that'll activate two larger poles on each side of the lane- which will spew ice shards/icey snow onto anything that passes through. I havent actually thought of how it'd effect the creatures, but yeah

Maybe this too?:

EV/Bounty Hunter: A tripwire that'll activate two larger poles on each side of the lane- which will spew ice shards/icey snow onto anything that passes through. I havent actually thought of how it'd effect the creatures, but yeah

Each pillar of ice doing x amount of Ice damage to each mob? Would get destroyed falling and only have 1 use?

New map idea, weapon affinity and ability ideas for a new map.

Map could be anything snow based even though there is one already but it's a city and Christmas based. Would prefer ice fortress or snowy tundra.

Weapon affinity and monster resists would be cold damage or ice damage. Frost blades could be this damage type by default much like some weapons in game already do elemental only damage.

Now for hero abilities:

Huntress / Ranger would have a Chill Trap that would freeze mobs that set if off and any mobs that pass through it while actively holding mobs get snared till it resets. Could affect Dark Elf Warriors or other mobs that might not be stunnable.

Monk / Initiate would have a chill aura that makes mobs take XX% more damage from the chill effect while in the aura. Nothing too nuts, something like 10%-20%. Dunno.

Countess / Squire would have a Freeze Towers maybe that snares targets it hits with an AoE like Fireball Tower has. DST tower speed, not really too fast, maybe 1s cast tops + projectile travel distance.

Apprentice / Adept would have a Snowball Launcher Tower like the Squire Tower I listed above. AoE Snare around the target it hits. Again, DST speed or maybe faster for them to give them more of a benefit.

Could have a challenge map be something like a mountain challenge. You fight waves of mobs as always and they come down a mountain side but sometimes an avalanche happens, dunno. End boss would be a YETI and survival would have a Yeti pet that shoots or throws snowballs or a mini snowman.

Edit: Switch the tower types for Squire / Apprentice. Apprentice visually would be Freeze Towers and Squire would be Snowball Launchers since it has to be mechanical.

I really would like to see an icy/snowy map in DD, but the idea of the new hero abilities, I just can't really see happening myself. And if the ice based map does happen, I don't think that'll be any time soon (sadly) :(
But +1 for the map idea.