Mythic Real Time Strategist question.

So me and my friend were doing this achievement together, and the very last one we did was Moraggo. We finally finished and he got both achievements (for doing it on NMHC and regular). I didn't get anything though. I know I did every single map with him, but he got it and I didn't. I thought maybe it was because I don't actually have the City in the Cliffs map, but then when I checked the list it says I didn't get the "mission real time strategist" award in Moraggo. Is this just an unfortunate problem that I have to redo the map? That award is either given to everyone, or no one in the team. I don't understand how he got it and I didn't. :\

I thought it was just host. :/ and I'm pretty sure you need city in the cliffs to unlock the ability to get the award.

Not sure though. Did this one solo just in case of team misfire.

I've noticed at times that when I was not the host, achievements and sometimes rewards would fail to grant. But then upon hosting my own tavern again the missing achievements and rewards would grant. Did this the other day after running the Assault Challenge pack a few times, and ended up being granted 3 or 4 pets at once. Similar instance with a few Insane Challenge achievements.

city in the cliffs, moraggo and aquanos are the only ones you need more than one player to help you with.
City in the cliffs being the hardest! It took us a few times to beat it, just find a guy with 3000 summoner stats, Aura and Walls and traps, and the other players have to be monk with large tower boost stats and using guardians. Once you get past the 1st wave, it's easy

city in the cliffs, moraggo and aquanos are the only ones you need more than one player to help you with.
City in the cliffs being the hardest! It took us a few times to beat it, just find a guy with 3000 summoner stats, Aura and Walls and traps, and the other players have to be monk with large tower boost stats and using guardians. Once you get past the 1st wave, it's easy

You don't need to have others, nor high stats to do them. Long as you have minions, buff beams and auras at ~1.5-2k stats.

So wait, is it official that you NEED city in the cliffs? Are you guys 100% sure? Because that'd be a bit sketchy. I mean as long as I have the map done, it shouldn't matter whether or not I have it.
[Edit]: I just solo'd Moraggo and got the achievement. I didn't need city in the cliffs, just for some reason Moraggo didn't count first time around. Oh well.

You don't need to have others, nor high stats to do them. Long as you have minions, buff beams and auras at ~1.5-2k stats.

if you did it without that. I am surprised. but once everything was set up, we pretty much afk'd it.

if you did it without that. I am surprised. but once everything was set up, we pretty much afk'd it.

Shouldn't be too surprised. If you know where to set up at, which I did for most levels thanks to two of my friends I tend to play with being great at setups, as well as a City thread here on the forums, it's a lot easier.
City can still be a pain though. That first wave, ugh.

That first wave, ugh.

You should have tried it before they removed copters from the first wave. That was just painful :p

You should have tried it before they removed copters from the first wave. That was just painful :p

I'd rather not have. Cause f- those copters on levels where I can't shoot them over holes. XP

So wait, is it official that you NEED city in the cliffs? Are you guys 100% sure? Because that'd be a bit sketchy. I mean as long as I have the map done, it shouldn't matter whether or not I have it.
[Edit]: I just solo'd Moraggo and got the achievement. I didn't need city in the cliffs, just for some reason Moraggo didn't count first time around. Oh well.

Wait, is this true?! From everything I've heard prior, City in the Cliffs is required. Same for Transcendent Survivalist, sadly. It's the single-hardest level required to earn both achievements, so it'd be a huge relief to hear it isn't required. But I could swear I've heard stories from numerous people that tried it without and didn't unlock the achievement. Like as in: cleared every other possible stage, didn't unlock it. Cleared CITC, then unlocked it.

Wait, is this true?! From everything I've heard prior, City in the Cliffs is required. Same for Transcendent Survivalist, sadly. It's the single-hardest level required to earn both achievements, so it'd be a huge relief to hear it isn't required. But I could swear I've heard stories from numerous people that tried it without and didn't unlock the achievement. Like as in: cleared every other possible stage, didn't unlock it. Cleared CITC, then unlocked it.

Short answer, they are. I don't know if you have to -own- it, but you do need to beat it.
He may have possibly glitched, if anything, as City was my final one for both achievements.

The only maps you don't need to beat for the RTS achievments are Karathiki, Talay, Palantir, and most likely Sky City (you either need all 4, or just not SC) and Kings game. You definetely need CitC.

for transcendent survivalist you have to beat wave 25 for deeper wells, foundries and forges, magus quarters, alchemical laboratory, servants quarters, castle armory, hall of court, throne room, royal gardens, ramparts, endless spires, summit, glitterhelm, and city in the cliffs.

for mythical real time strategist, its all of the above, mistymire, moraggo, and aquanos.

unless you had a pet that did some damage, there is no reason you shouldnt have gotten the credit for moraggo. when i did city in the cliffs with a friend, i ran around on my monk with an apprentice guardian on boosting minions during the waves, and i got it with no problem (the mission real time strategist award).

the ultimate defender achievement requires you to beat sky city and volcanic eruption, but otherwise sky city and talay arent required for anything. same with karathiki, you have to beat rumble in the jungle for ultimate defender.