Sign in to follow this  
garrison

how much longer are you going to play dd?

Same. Got to about 3k on my builders and have not bothered to go back to it for close to a month now. At this point I really dont see myself going back either. 2-3 hrs a session and only maybe having a better drop than what I currently have got old after the first 50 times. Dont regret it though. Got 500hrs off the game, more than worth the cost.

On about 1100 hours so far but gear progression has really slowed alot, KG seems pretty well balanced for endgame players wanting to upgrade, think ive just overplayed the game for a while.

Still jump on for a campaign map or such, but cant bring myself to do any surv runs right now.

Hm

This game was/is definitly worth its bang for the buck. I've bought most stuff full-price, so spent like 50$ on the main game + all DLCs available. So far i've played something around 400 hours - there is only very little other games that i [ever] played that were fun for such a long time.

However, if it was not for some very very very nice people i've met in-game or here on the forums and who i play with as much as possible, i probably would have stopped playing shortly after Shards release. I'll give it a few more weeks - until the new X-COM arrives. Then i'll be busy playing that like a maniac. And then i'll check back with DD (or in between for a change) and see if the broken loot [1] is finally fixed, as well as the insane progression wall [2]. If not, i go back playing X-COM classic, i think i have about 2500 hours on that.

But i guess i'll pop in every now and then anyway, as its just fun playing with some people. As long as you stay away from public games and the usual trolls, anyway.

[1]: Too much effort for too little outcome: Survivals are broken. 3+ hours grinding a map for crap loot? Na-ah. No low-end random generator limitation? Oh come on... NM HC MM Survival wave 29 and all that drops is loot with two-digit positive stats and a few really bad negative stats? Fix it already.

[2]: New players without friends or much background have a hard time ever getting out of insane without grinding their brains out for Mana to buy better gear. Not a good thing either.

Both above points have been discussed a bazillion times already on the forums, everyone can use the search function if they are interested in details.

Cheers to me Dungeon mates!

- Panzer

Yes, this game has lost its life for me... Drop qualities reduced, nothing to really shoot for...

Trendy should release some impossible maps, for those endgame veterans with REAL DROP RATIOS, this would at least give us more things to play before we fully quit.

I like this idea. Maybe maps that are almost impossible unless you have all sup/ulti armour.

I also like the idea of extending survivals to wave 50, with a steep ramp in difficulty by wave after 40, with much better drops too.

This game was/is definitly worth its bang for the buck. I've bought most stuff full-price, so spent like 50$ on the main game + all DLCs available. So far i've played something around 400 hours - there is only very little other games that i [ever] played that were fun for such a long time.

However, if it was not for some very very very nice people i've met in-game or here on the forums and who i play with as much as possible, i probably would have stopped playing shortly after Shards release. I'll give it a few more weeks - until the new X-COM arrives. Then i'll be busy playing that like a maniac. And then i'll check back with DD (or in between for a change) and see if the broken loot [1] is finally fixed, as well as the insane progression wall [2]. If not, i go back playing X-COM classic, i think i have about 2500 hours on that.

But i guess i'll pop in every now and then anyway, as its just fun playing with some people. As long as you stay away from public games and the usual trolls, anyway.

[1]: Too much effort for too little outcome: Survivals are broken. 3+ hours grinding a map for crap loot? Na-ah. No low-end random generator limitation? Oh come on... NM HC MM Survival wave 29 and all that drops is loot with two-digit positive stats and a few really bad negative stats? Fix it already.

[2]: New players without friends or much background have a hard time ever getting out of insane without grinding their brains out for Mana to buy better gear. Not a good thing either.

Both above points have been discussed a bazillion times already on the forums, everyone can use the search function if they are interested in details.

Cheers to me Dungeon mates!

- Panzer

DO NOT BUY X-COM they removed time units, UFO 2 all the way

I suppose when my ADD starts kicking in. I don't think I will ever completely stop playing th egame though. It's practically blown to of my computers...but I still play on my laptop lol

I have 4 more achievements left until I get the Legendary/Ultimate Defenders achievements.
Defense is the Best Offense
Transcendent Survivalist
Real Time Strategist
Mythical Real Time Strategist

After that, I'm done with everything there is to be done. I'll probably play on and off every now and then afterwards, but other then that, the game isn't as addicting as it was before the Jester came out.

Edit: Of course, this doesn't mean my fanart will end.. :P
I have so many ideas for fanart right now that I probably couldn't handle until I'm a wee-bit more experienced.

Wait? One can stop playing Dungeon Defenders?

I may not play as intensely as others, (An hour or two at most a day) but I won't stop playing. :)

when i get all my char to 78+ on consoles, a chicken and a god pet... then i will give an breake to my weps...
also i want to use the DDDK and create some maps :P

If progression were tweaked to make it more linear and natural I would consider coming back to the game. I pretty much just check the forums to see if that's happened or is going to.

If progression were tweaked to make it more linear and natural I would consider coming back to the game. I pretty much just check the forums to see if that's happened or is going to.

Pretty much this. I don't mind grinding but when you are grinding against a RNG with no sense of actually making progress for hours at a time it gets frustrating. I am currently making good progress on a new FFXI account and waiting for Borderlands next month. Got a good 600+ hours out of DD between PS3 and PC but not really enjoying it so much after that last shards pack.

My sentiments are similar to so many that posted before. I've lost a lot of ambition to play since Shards IV and its related stages came out. Such a huge wall to overcome, a lot of that being how Goblin Copters likely won't ever be fair. Their biggest issue, as it goes without saying, being the swarm of super-powered Ogres being added to every single stage. Want to try most of the modern, large, and/or spread-out stages solo, when you practically need DPS at each crystal? Can't. Not without ludicrously high tower stats (to replace an active character in terms of raw damage.)

Then the issue of not wanting to run 3-hour survival sessions to end up with zero worthwhile upgrades (even despite my stats being fairly moderate.) And then of course the latest stages not being solo-friendly in the least. I have multiple IRL/local friends who play the game, and I'll play with them whenever possible, but they aren't as addicted to the game as I am. In that, most of them don't boot up the game nearly as often in the past month or two. Why? The unproductive grind, one that was exemplified tenfold with Shards IV and later releases. -_-

That's not to say I'm not still gonna be playing. I hope to earn those last achievements, clear the few stages I haven't cleared on NM, etc. I also adore stages like Sky City, King's Game, and the like. Don't get me wrong. They're a blast to play, especially with capable friends, and are very well-designed in that sense. It's just the stats threshold required for NMHC, especially solo, being a bit too high. And then Crystalline Dimension, which well, I don't particularly enjoy. -_- Love the aesthetics, and the concept of a true final challenge, of course. But in execution: not as much.

I agree with the posted right before me, since Shards 4 (Sky City) this game has gone downhill. Its almost as if Trendy doesn't care that something is broken. It makes no since that a new level of items are introduced and the previous levels became more rare? Also the fact there is something wrong with the RNG, its mostly with the amount of upgrades causing good items to rollover more frequently and reducing their item quality type.

I have already bought a couple new games, and may come back and play occasionally because the basis of this game is fun. Trendy needs to fix many balance issues and RNG issues with the loot. They feel this isn't broken, but I am a developer myself and very analytical by nature. I notice when my drop %'s go down by 10 fold once something is released, and how the pattern of 30m value myths increased, and the drop rates of supreme+ have diminished.

I really hope Trendy is working on DD2 with server side checks that protect against the hacking, along with fixing the steam disconnects and making sure balance and RNG are fair for progression. I have over 2200 hours on DD, I enjoyed my time here, its sad to see it ending on a bad note imo.

I really hope Trendy is working on DD2 with server side checks that protect against the hacking, along with fixing the steam disconnects and making sure balance and RNG are fair for progression. I have over 2200 hours on DD, I enjoyed my time here, its sad to see it ending on a bad note imo.

I agree 10000000% percent. Yes they are a small indie company but they have had more than enough success with this that they can make things go server side. The fact that all it takes to hack in this game is a simple google search really discourages me and always has me second guessing whether something is legit or not (unless I find it myself)

quit farming a couple weeks ago
I just gotta finish ult defender then im probably done...

mostly just waiting on a better time filler game even though im extraordinarily bored with this one now...
(any suggestions pm me :D)

This has become my favorite game ever, by far (been playing video games since the commodore 64).

I recently switched to pc from ps3, its like playing a whole new game. Ill be playing regularly at least till all my heroes are 90, 4kish stats, and clear everything/all achievements.

I really hope by the time i do all this that dd2 will be on the horizon.

I honestly don't know. Been off for about 2 weeks, then I started messing with sky city and the shards campaign guide, made me play a lot again.
But after having the WORST of luck with the RNG, I don't think it's going to be much longer.
typical example: Just ran sky city NMHC with two randoms and an afk Barb of mine. Rewards: a 17 up myth wrench, a 7 up myth saw, a 1 up godly helmet and a mythical helmet with 250 ups but ---- all over the place.
Trendy - seriously? Beating one of the hardest maps - and you dare "reward" me with that pile of ****?

I kinda stopped playing unfortunately. Compared to other peoples' hours put into the game my mere 251 hours are nothing. I gradually got bored as I played everything so much, had real nice gear, and it began to just get boring for me. I am looking forward to what trendy are working on next though, even if it's not a dundef sequal :)

Dundef served me well in my opinion.

I'll probably stay interested as long as Trendy is. The problem is that I am starting to seriously doubt their commitment to the game going forward. They're already working on "other projects" and probably have no intention of fixing any of the remaining issues with the game. Like the item stat rollover taking great items and making them just trash. If Trendy hasn't fixed that when it's been a known issue for MONTHS, then what CAN we honestly expect them to fix?

I get that they don't think the progression is broken (probably because THEY haven't actually run it).
I get that they think the loot drop are plenty fair (because they play nothing but the hardest maps on NMHCMM).
I get that they don't think the stages are too hard (because they play with 4000+ character stats)

But I DO NOT get why they don't try and fix the stat-rollover-item-destroyer glitch. It's not a "feature", it's a BUG. An honestly to goodness BUG that, if fixed, would MASSIVELY help people trying to farm loot. And they've done nothing. Trendy is more than happy to just tell you to run that 4 hour Survival round again and HOPE you don't get hosed by the BUG they refuse to stamp out. Or a Steam disconnect.

I'll probably stay interested as long as Trendy is. The problem is that I am starting to seriously doubt their commitment to the game going forward. They're already working on "other projects" and probably have no intention of fixing any of the remaining issues with the game. Like the item stat rollover taking great items and making them just trash. If Trendy hasn't fixed that when it's been a known issue for MONTHS, then what CAN we honestly expect them to fix?

I get that they don't think the progression is broken (probably because THEY haven't actually run it).
I get that they think the loot drop are plenty fair (because they play nothing but the hardest maps on NMHCMM).
I get that they don't think the stages are too hard (because they play with 4000+ character stats)

But I DO NOT get why they don't try and fix the stat-rollover-item-destroyer glitch. It's not a "feature", it's a BUG. An honestly to goodness BUG that, if fixed, would MASSIVELY help people trying to farm loot. And they've done nothing. Trendy is more than happy to just tell you to run that 4 hour Survival round again and HOPE you don't get hosed by the BUG they refuse to stamp out. Or a Steam disconnect.

My opinion has been the game has been almost abandoned for months now. Sure they released the jester pack (more money for a pile of crap class with little to no real innovation and a broken map, seriously, how often do you even see people playing a jester?) and a player made map (no work required other than to test and maybe tweak it for balance issues), but other than that... As you have stated, they absolutely refuse to fix the issues that have been on hand for as long as many can remember.

It is either because they feel there is nothing wrong with it, or simply don't want to put the effort forward to fix/test everything. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but its either they are too preoccupied or lazy... Honestly, they have had so much time to fix it to this point, I lean towards lazy.

Not much longer I assume since borderlands 2 is around the corner. Then I have things I must attend too.Also the progression in the game jumps from like 20 to 200 far to fast. Theres really no inbetween.

I wish that was fixed as well, so people could have varying towers. I mean, it seems like everyone runs around with the same stats for the same character. (example):
Person a Tower Squire: 300/700/100/200
Person b Tower Squire: 250/750/75/150

I'd like to play until I got all the achievements, but it takes way too long to get the necessary stats, so I play less and less. I might already be done until they actually do something about it, if they don't well then I guess I'm not playing DD anymore, or unless somebody decides to just give me some 3k-4k stat items but that probably wont happen.