Gaming PC under 500?

You can't get a good gaming computer under 500 but you could get a pc under 500 and possibly buy some gaming computer parts to make the pc a little bit better. Or get your old pc and put in a Geforce graphic card, 1 tb= 1024 gb(cheapest $100), and some gaming computer memory ram(4 x 2gb recommend).

You can't get a good gaming computer under 500 but you could get a pc under 500 and possibly buy some gaming computer parts to make the pc a little bit better. Or get your old pc and put in a Geforce graphic card, 1 tb= 1024 gb(cheapest $100), and some gaming computer memory ram(4 x 2gb recommend).
Mhm yeah I have no idea what you just said :(

Mhm yeah I have no idea what you just said :(

modify your old pc into a gaming pc. Its much cheaper and it will make your pc better than before.

modify your old pc into a gaming pc. Its much cheaper and it will make your pc better than before.
Oh okay :)

my cheapest i built was 1000 dollars. 16 gb of ram, i-7 ivy bridge 2600k, Nvidia GeForce 570, 1 tb Hard Drive, a chasis normal sized, 4 slot motherboard, and windows 7 home premium. pretty good computer for $1000 in my opinion

my cheapest i built was 1000 dollars. 16 gb of ram, i-7 ivy bridge 2600k, Nvidia GeForce 570, 1 tb Hard Drive, a chasis normal sized, 4 slot motherboard, and windows 7 home premium. pretty good computer for $1000 in my opinion

That's way overkill for what's needed to run DD well.

That's way overkill for what's needed to run DD well.
I'm not even trying to run Dungeon Defenders just counter strike source on lowest stats

I have built many computers for friends and clients and my advice to you is to buy a pre-built loaded with whatever the current operating system is. You will save money at this present time.

Some people don't realize the hidden costs that can come up with throwing new parts into a older computer, you many have other expenses like replacing your power supply to even having to buy a new copy of windows itself.

I have priced on multiple occasions how much it would cost to buy just a mainboard, cpu and memory. After installation costs you can easily over spend when you could buy a whole new system that's comparable for a 500 dollar price tag.

Windows OEM software, which is what most people use as a operating system, binds to your computers mainboard and will not activate on a different motherboard under normal circumstances. Only the full retail version allows for hotswaps of the mainboard. Just an fyi.

I have built many computers for friends and clients and my advice to you is to buy a pre-built loaded with whatever the current operating system is. You will save money at this present time.

Some people don't realize the hidden costs that can come up with throwing new parts into a older computer, you many have other expenses like replacing your power supply to even having to buy a new copy of windows itself.

I have priced on multiple occasions how much it would cost to buy just a mainboard, cpu and memory. After installation costs you can easily over spend when you could buy a whole new system that's comparable for a 500 dollar price tag.

Windows OEM software, which is what most people use as a operating system, binds to your computers mainboard and will not activate on a different motherboard under normal circumstances. Only the full retail version allows for hotswaps of the mainboard. Just an fyi.
Okay thanks that was probably the only help I got on this thread :)

I did exactly this with 500$. I bouht a new video card for $230-280 and some ram. Had some money leftover and the card fits alright on my mobo. My processor isn't superior but its good as is for now.

You cant get a gaming comp for under 500 unless you buy some of the oldest tech around. But that still wont work for games like DD.

Since you wanna gun counter strike on the lowest settings. A card with 64-248mb of vram will do fine, that was the card I used to play on high settings with no anti-aliasing. Dunno about go, it feels like l4d and its engine isn't tf2. So should work fine even with a low quality graphics card. Dunno what your specs are. Hopefully pci-e is your mobo. Look for a graphics card for your mono type, AGP,PCI, PCI_E and some other one. Make sure there is a graphics card splot. 128mb vram cards go for 40-80 when I last checked.

If you need a configuration file for 1.6/CSS/csgo just ask. Used to make configs for friends who had low-end PC's. Also made a few for tf2. (Theymake the graphics literally bad. But works great for PC's who can't handle a lot. (Limit decals, no ragdolls, disabled skybox, no blood decals / explosion decals, low polygon bodies/weapons.)

Also make sure your comp power supply can handle it. Like techtank said, you might need to buy a better powersupply in order to get a video card working on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I am building a gaming computer right now for 685$. But i can easily bring it down.

If you reuse your hard drive; optical drive; and operating system that is almost 250$ you save right there. Here is a good build for under 500$.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($98.24 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: VisionTek Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($105.24 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill RANGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: CoolMax 500W ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $448.43
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-22 08:59 EDT-0400)

That build above is very goo if you ever want to upgrade in the future. You can put in a 8 core FX processor into that motherboard if you would like. It can support up to 16Gb of RAM; That video card there can run Everything on MAX setting with no drops in FPS. You can have dual display if you wish. The Case is water cooling ready, can the mother board has brackets on it that make it capable of using i3,i5,i7 AMD2 AMD3 and AMD3+ Cooling technology.

If you have any other questions about building or anything related or just want to debate what parts are better/suggestions feel free to shoot me a PM.

I'm not even trying to run Dungeon Defenders just counter strike source on lowest stats

Understood. Maybe you can just upgrade your computer to make it able to run that? Use this website to see upgrade suggestions: www.canirunit.com

And if you need some help building it Newegg.com has a great!!!!!!! tutorial