PC Event team now recruiting hosts!

Hello everyone and welcome to the PC Event Team host recruiting thread. With the popularity of the events on the PC and with more and more people signing up we have decided to recruit a few new hosts. I took Classics recruiting setup since it would be the same thing that we would be asking for.

We're looking for some dedicated Defenders to join the crew and help the community. To be eligible you must be able to do the following;

1. 17 years or older. No ifs or buts on this. This is a rule from now on. I will check this.
2. Host at least 2 days a week. Check our main Event thread for hosting times.
3. Pass our interview, and eventually pass an interview from TE.
4. Have a good community record and have the backing of your peers.
5. Willing to help test events during the week.
6. Accept extra duties when needed.

All people that apply will go through our application process. Not everyone will be contacted, but we will have your details here for future reference.

To apply, post the following like so;

- SID
- Age (don't lie, I will know)
- community experience
- event experience
- list your favorite event and reward and why
- What is your favorite Movie or Anime and why

Thank you everyone for all the support and good luck to everyone.

So you expect people to actually put in quite a bit of effort and make this into a "part time job" without getting anything for it? Good Luck!

- http://steamcommunity.com/id/iwasdani
- I, ah, attend the live streams sometimes.
- none
- Whatever event awarded the unicorn named after hitmonchan and why? Rainbow pony Hitmonchan. It explains itself quite neatly.
- Anime? Hmm. I have to say, based solely on the enjoyment of the initial viewing, it has to be the Berserk anime. Yeah it's low budget and it cuts a lot of content from the manga, but seeing the manga animated at all was, and still is pretty damm awesome. I also love the fact that they ended it on a cliffhanger, blueballing viewers. Which probably led a number of folks to go read the original manga and that's no bad thing. Oh and the English dub doesn't suck, which is a surprise. The English dub bloopers make life worth living. :D

Well, I'm quite new to the game, less than a month I believe, and not very active on the forums... But as not many people are signing up and I have a lot of time on my hands lately... xD here we go:

- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981810345
- I'm trying to get more experience on the forums, I'm fairly new to the game, been playing for almost a month now, it's taking a lot of my time lately xD Inside the game I love hosting games and meeting new people. Met a lot of people that way and helped a lot of them to progress. Took a lot of people to their first nightmares and taught a couple of setups.
- As I'm very new to this game, don't know much about events, but sounds interesting, would love to be a part of it :)
- ^
- Good question, I love movies so much I ended up choosing 3D Animation as a career path. I have quite a bit of animations competing for my "Favorite Movie" spot... I guess the real best ones would be either Tangled or UP, for making such a compelling and funny story with such amazing Graphics. Always love to re-watch those once in a while

- SID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/darkpython
- community experience: I do a lot of Live Streams of the game and also help Trendy out a lot with everything.
- event experience: Not attended one of the events but always attend Trendy Friday fun and also host my own events and live streams.
- list your favorite event and reward and why: I quite like the glowing green arm bands, mainly because i like green and glowing things :P
- What is your favorite Movie or Anime and why: Movie I would say was The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy because I love the story and all the characters, Anime I haven't watched much but I really liked Claymore again for the characters and story.

Think that's everything think you already have me on stream look forward to hearing from you

Being a host is one of the greatest things ever it is time and effort but it's all worth it in the end (I am not a host as I am 16 me and louis turn old enough on the same week but that's 6 months away :( so for anyone who has an opportunity to apply it is worth it)
-UltimateJorts PC event Community director

I am going to reapply, although I guess if I didn't get in the first time I probably won't be getting in this time. :(

- SID - eagle45302
- Age (don't lie, I will know) 34
- community experience
Although I have been playing the game on console since day 1, I didn't get involved in the forums until I was almost finished with college. I was working 50+hours a week and taking 14 credit hours so my spare time was limited. I would play on ps3 as a way to wind down before bed. I, for the most part, moved from ps3 to pc about a month ago. I have always tried to help people out whenever I could. I often run open survival campaigns in order to help people to level up.

- event experience
I have done all of the Etheria's super events where pets have been rewards.

- list your favorite event and reward and why
I would say my favorite event was the super totems event. It was a blast trying to stay on the slice n dice and not get knocked off. My hardest event would be the tag team event. I spent 3 evenings busting my butt to get my mage to 78 for the event and I got paired with two level 70's who were noobs. It was a real struggle trying to make sure to win the event. My favorite reward would be the laser robot because it was my first one.

- What is your favorite Movie or Anime and why

My favorite movie is Neverending Story. It reminds the viewer that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Hey guys. If anyone has yet to sign up, please do so as tomorrow (8/25/2012) will be the last day to do so.

SiD in Sign
-none
-none
-arm guards of poison becuase they look super kool
-Avengers because its a really funny movie

Ended on the 25th.

• 2 weeks later...
Yay i'm in :D love you dredd!!

So how long do the rest of us have to wait to find out?

- SID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067041983

- community experience: I trade a lot? If you're talking like clan/gaming community then yes, been in a css clan for 3 years now and have a position in the community. Attend most of the community events you guys hold. I.e trendy friday fun.

- event experience: None? Unless you're talking about hosting events in general then that's easy. Refer to comminuty experience. If you want real life experience then yes I have hosted events since Im in a committee.

- list your favorite event and reward and why: Don't really have one since I missed most of them due to timezone difference. Probably armguards cause they make a great set and plus they glow.

- What is your favorite Movie or Anime and why: Marley & Me; I'm a big pet person and I love dogs. Movie was a good movie made me shed some tears when I watched it.

Just a bit more info, It'd be nice to host for people in the asia timezone and people in middle east. A lot of people I talked to missed/ didn't know about event. Timezone is different due to the fact I'm stationed in Korea (U.S. Navy) but I hope that doesn't affect me being able to host since I have the whole day for free at the weekends. If events are hosted on fridays it'd be saturday my time so I can host pretty much all day with no lag cuz the internet here is crazy fast. If you need more stuff to be clearify let me know!

- SID: Niggatine

- community experience: I have made a lot of friends playing this game, whether it was through joining random pub matches or just talking and trading with people in shops. I've never liked playing this game alone and I almost always play with other friends whenever I do anything. Doing survival runs late at night is one of my favorite things to do and it gives me a break from studying for classes as well as an opportunity to interact with other people in the community. Discovering the forums has given me a chance to meet an even larger proportion of the community and to really tackle end-game maps.

- event experience: I have never attended an event yet as I was not aware that they existed until recently. I am excited at the prospects of attending my first event next week and to all the future upcoming events.

- list your favorite event and reward and why: My favorite event would probably be the Toxic Empire Saga events. Captain Isom is so awesome and its humongous when upgraded.

- What is your favorite Movie or Anime and why: Favorite anime would have to be Bleach hands down. I love watching the progression of Ichigo and seeing him get ridiculously powerful in the first few seasons. Seeing Ichigo use his bankai for the first time is something I will never forget; I've watched that same scene at least a dozen times.

So you expect people to actually put in quite a bit of effort and make this into a "part time job" without getting anything for it? Good Luck!
Lol well played sir well played.

I do not expect anyone to do anything, it is up to the person to make that decision if they would like to host or not. Also who said that hosts do not get anything for helping out?

It's better to always ask a question/concern rather then assuming when you are not even sure how hosting works.