Progressing to 1k-1.5k stats

I seem to be stuck at where I'm at and I'm looking for the best way to get gear/stats good enough for nightmare. I've been able to do some nightmare but nowhere that gives loot good enough to make any sort of difference. I think my main problem is that all of my characters have horrible resists. The Kings Game was perfect for me before they made it harder, now I'm lucky to beat the first wave in nightmare.

My squire does have a seahorse that does 1mil dps in the tavern with bloodrage on, but I die so quickly in nightmare it doesn't help much. So basically, what map should I be doing to get better gear so I can progress into harder nightmare levels/survival nightmare?

I was under the impression they nerfed T.k.g but I didn't read the patch notes.
But as far as breaking into nm? I'd suggest Boss Rush on insane.

For me I did NM ES for the first wave to get some myths, then Magus quarters NM now Throne room NM good for mana, picking up as much as you can then selling it nets 150M-200M a wave by the time there are 2500+ mobs in the wave. From this I can easily get a couple stats to 1500+ on each character.

1) How do you die so quickly in NM? Many so-called "DPS" players with myths ignore the generic resistance stat when upgrading their armor, so don't make this mistake! With set bonus, make sure you have at least 38 generic resist across all pieces (preferably 164% total resist) and at least 32 for fire resist.

2) Find someone to beat Misty campaign for you. Then, you'll be able to do survival with as much time to build as you can, which really helps in getting the right build that fits the characters you have. You'll be able to progress better this way. With at least 80% generic resist on your nightmare DPS and well-placed towers in survival, you'll get further.

3) Like the above post said, you don't need resistance for Magus NMHCSV at all, just shoot ogrecopters into the lava and hide behind your defenses to repair. Better yet, have a good build and get on Summoner to repair without ever taking a hit.

1) How do you die so quickly in NM? Many so-called "DPS" players with myths ignore the generic resistance stat when upgrading their armor, so don't make this mistake! With set bonus, make sure you have at least 38 generic resist across all pieces (preferably 164% total resist) and at least 32 for fire resist.

2) Find someone to beat Misty campaign for you. Then, you'll be able to do survival with as much time to build as you can, which really helps in getting the right build that fits the characters you have. You'll be able to progress better this way. With at least 80% generic resist on your nightmare DPS and well-placed towers in survival, you'll get further.

3) Like the above post said, you don't need resistance for Magus NMHCSV at all, just shoot ogrecopters into the lava and hide behind your defenses to repair. Better yet, have a good build and get on Summoner to repair without ever taking a hit.

^ This, I couldn't have put it better myself.
What you generally need to focus on right now aside from what he had pointed out is maps that give a lot of mana.
Whether some people on the forums like it or not the shops are big part of breaking into nightmare as it currently is.

So I'd suggest not only farming for equipment, but focus on mana as well to purchase gear from other players.

^ This, I couldn't have put it better myself.
What you generally need to focus on right now aside from what he had pointed out is maps that give a lot of mana.
Whether some people on the forums like it or not the shops are big part of breaking into nightmare as it currently is.

So I'd suggest not only farming for equipment, but focus on mana as well to purchase gear from other players.

Now that the shop idea is out there. You can also try to hop onto a Nightmare survival game where people are looking for sups/ults and say you are there to repair/upgrade. State you just want to loot myths and they probably won't mind.

The thing I find with that idea (and a similar idea where I offer to run through a NM map with them) is that they don't like it. Many people want to break into NM on their own or with a friend, and does not want to be carried. So yeah, it's really easy to join a game and loot myths (people really don't care) while repairing, some just don't want to.

Which is amazing to say the least, of the few communities where everyone in it wouldn't be a leecher all the time if they could!

Yeah. I like working for my gear drops (even though I spent quite some time in AFK shop between 1k-2k). What I did was grind Magus for a while, picking up the few upgrades I find, letting the floor sell for some decent mana, then using that to shop around.

Yeah agreed. I personally have never used the shops, and only 2 times did I ever do the leeching thing, and that was literally just to get 800~ stats. From there I beat the campaign and started my journey to find weps/armor. I am sadly only in the 1500-2000 stat range right now, but am ever progressing. I felt great accomplishment the other day when with a team of 6 successfully beat volcanic eruption rush on NMHC. Doing something like that really helps you to keep going on the long grind to find better armor.

Thanks for the help everyone, I suppose I'll try running magus survival, I've done non survival there and did fine so it shouldn't be too hard. I'd like to do survival online but unfortunately I lag way to much when mobs start getting into the high hundreds, I'm beginning to suspect that this will be a big problem for me.