Is it just me..? or...

has anyone had an issue in survival nmhc king's game, where several goblin copters sit outside of harm's way, safe from my harpoons and archers, and completely decimated your defenses (like I'm talking 2-4 of them just kinda sitting there after they drop their ogre, pelting away at your defenses while there isn't much else you can do about it, unless you were on a hero character of course.)

Well this happened to me, I was like... "oh I made it to wave 19 just with my summoner sitting in overlord healing defenses, I should be fine~" apparently not. :/ of course while I was on summoner, there wasn't much i could do about those copters just kinda sitting there, if I moved an archer to try and shoot them down, it'd die so quick to ogres or the copters themselves it wouldn't be funny. :/

Something just seems slightly off about this, they talk in the patch notes that they have "made the copters fly closer to the ground, and such and so on, yet how are they still safely out of harm's way yet again? when I actually tried to find them, I found that they were actually somehow partially hidden between the flooring of the top level and the ceiling of the bottom. maybe this caused some sort of line-of-sight issue? but whatever it is, it was complete bs that I lost to something like that. :/

(before someone says that "well this could have easily been prevented if you were on a hero character" yes, I immediately thought of that after it happened. I was just merely testing if i was able to just sit on my summoner in overlord mode and maintain the defenses that way, but to lose to something that my defenses seemingly couldn't reach, is just kinda screwed up. ^^;;)

Edit: Keep in mind, this was after today's patch that supposedly reduced the goblin copter's flight height. either they lowered it too low that it starts hitting the defenses down below, or something else. One possible solution to getting them closer to defenses so that defenses can actually hit them in reducing their range of attack. because regardless of whether or not using a hero character is beneficial, this kind of stuff would make pure strategy unplayable.

yeah! that looks about the same position the missiles were coming from, and it wasn't just one of them either. :/ it was so frustrating. >.> maybe that's a common trouble spot?

That's the exact same place I get spammed from! I hate venturing out there with my monk at wives higher then 20, I am one spider web away from getting killed. I have 2 guns dedicated to that side but nothing can target it with all the ogres in the way.

Pfffft That's why you get a pro like me in your game Lath. Once you get your summoner's Minion range above 2000 the archers arrows act like Deadly Striker Towers and can pierce through walls and obliterate minor threats like Goblin copters.

:D

Disclaimer: 82.6% of what I said was made up, except for the being awesome part.

Get a dps summoner, problem solved.
Not only will it help with the armor farming, it will also help with fast upgrading, easy repair and still offer some hero dps while at it.
The only issue is lack of hero health but w/e, you can phase shift at any time and heal.

Oh and they should still fix/nerf that, that's just a temporary solution i mentioned!

Not only will it help with the armor farming, it will also help with fast upgrading, easy repair and still offer some hero dps while at it.
The only issue is lack of hero health but w/e, you can phase shift at any time and heal.

I actually use two pets with really good tower stats on mine, and just upgraded the pets damage. This allows me do provide a little dps is something like this happens. I just float over enemies and lob fireballs/arrows at them.

I've never understood the concept of dps summoner considering they well.... can't attack. :P I assume you mean by using two dps pets? x3 yeah that might be feasible if I could even get a decent seahorse... Aquanos isn't very kind to me, or anyone else for that matter.