Strongest (potentially) Jester Weapon?

That's not my opinion. That's a fact.
Those 3 staffs are better than Standards on ANY situation.
I would even ask you to name just one common situation that an Standard would be better than those Staffs.

Stats to boost? Yeah, you will surely need em while doing at least 2x less dps from long range and being forced to kiss a monster to do your full dps, which means more HP to spend. 200 extra stats don't compensate it, I assure you.

I'm not saying that you should change your weapon or anything like that. You use what you want to.
Just don't spread wrong information based only on your own taste. Or should I say based only on the weapon's name?

Oh please, insinuating that I use the weapon based on name alone is just rubbish.

Fact is my weapon is by far the most superior Apprentice staff in game.

Play a character however you wish, but the Apprentice's calling card has always been that they can do ranged damage and heavy melee range damage.

A jester has a higher health pool and moves faster, meaning you're in and out faster than most. The spread on weapons is intentional, as that allows you to clear mobs that are spread.

If you want to use two elemental weapons where one generic would suffice, then go ahead. That's your opinion.

This isn't like I haven't tested other staves. I use what I use based on what I have tested.

When the next apprentice staff is released, I'll re-evaluate.

So... following your logic, the Monkey Wrench is a better ranged weapon than STS? Haha.

The ability of killing spread monsters will only be useful with small monsters in a very few situations.
Even in those situations, there will be no relevant difference between the staffs.

The fact is:
You will lose at least 50% of your DPS on most situations when using an Standard due to it's spread.
You will lose more HP to deal your full DPS on most situations.

Less DPS + Less HP + Less Range = Poor Ranged DPS choice.

And again, it isn't an opinion.
You can run any tests you want, you will see that any of those 3 staffs would be a better choice than an Standard.
Especially the Bishop, which is better and much easier to farm, since ultimates are really common on King's Game.

I'm not going to argue anymore.

All along your way of seeing it has been "my way or the highway", where as I have simply offered an alternative as my opinion.

Your clutching at straws when you bring in analogies, a poor one at it too.

Agree to disagree. I'm very satisfied with my 62k Standard. Enjoy having to constantly swap weapons, especially in survival, good luck.

Enjoy seeing an Mythical Poison Bloodshot with 200^ do the same DPS as your 62K Ultimate Standard when you step 3 feets away from your target. Oh, and my Moraggo NMHCMM wave 35 runs are going pretty ok using 2 weapons on my DPS, I mean... I got 5 fingers on my hand, I'm able to press an extra key when needed (which is not so often as you may think).

And you missed the point. I never said you should change your weapon or that you didn't got an nice Staff.
My point is: For people that are starting to farm Staffs now, there's much better choices than Standards. Period.

Enjoy seeing an Mythical Poison Bloodshot with 200^ do the same DPS as your 62K Ultimate Standard when you step 3 feets away from your target. Oh, and my Moraggo NMHCMM wave 35 runs are going pretty ok using 2 weapons on my DPS, I mean... I got 5 fingers on my hand, I'm able to press an extra key when needed (which is not so often as you may think).

And you missed the point. I never said you should change your weapon or that you didn't got an nice Staff.
My point is: For people that are starting to farm Staffs now, there's much better choices than Standards. Period.

wow dude all he is sayin is that he believes his standerd is far better than 2 other weps and he also said he isnt into elemental, i am not either, and i do believe classic has the best wepon beacuse he doesnt have to switch or anything like that, plust its easier to get one of his that get 2 of your lol

IMO I think you're mad at the fact that you probably can't get a good classic staff, but everyone has their opinions. As for the 2 elemental vs ultimate classic, I thunk the classic wins without a doubt. The fact that the bloodshot and bone staffs shoot in a tight circle/triangle doesn't change the fact that they are elemental and and have to switch in-between staffs to kill off one enemy out of the crowd. Sure they do more dps, tell that to 4 ogres in a crowd with 9mil health along with fire and poison resistances. By the time you kill the first two, your defenses may be failing and the other 2 ogres might be able to finish you off quick enough. As with the classic you can hit all 4 and not have to worry about resistances at all. Not trying to start a fight, but you are going about this the wrong way and saying that the bloodshot+bone staff combo exceeds the classic, I'm sure many if not almost all will disagree with you. I think the best combo for jester would be classic + melee with good block and damage to tear through a crowd when necessary.

Thank you for your time.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting arguments here, I'm going to farm sets of both Elemental staffs, and Classic staffs and do some testing as well.

My question is: which elements does the old one have resistance to, if any?

If the staffs do similar dps, that alone is the deciding factor for me.

Tbh, I stick with Classic22 here, because my DPS EV has the best setting I can get, which means 175K pawn shot, and 58k Eagle.

Pawn shot for shooting at ogres from Close range (400K per projectile hurts) and Classic just to have some lulz sniping enemies from far away.

Using a 188 boost cat, I can hit at 100M DPS with my pawn equipped and dat Proton Blast.

Jester is nice, but EV is better :D (except in PVP where jester's insane boost in HP/speed will pwn everything)

How often does one run into an enemy with a resistance? Just about every build I've seen makes use of an aura/trap to remove them.

im testing out an ult classic staff right now in open but am wondering about a few things. when i use the autofire (left+right click) the dps is terrible. when i rapidly press left click i get widely variable damage splats. from low 500 k or less to 1.7 m. a fully charged blast always does about 1.79 m damage. so sometimes my dps is around 10 m and sometimes its around 22 m. why is there so much variability when i spam left click? my charge rate is also about 84.

im testing out an ult classic staff right now in open but am wondering about a few things. when i use the autofire (left+right click) the dps is terrible. when i rapidly press left click i get widely variable damage splats. from low 500 k or less to 1.7 m. a fully charged blast always does about 1.79 m damage. so sometimes my dps is around 10 m and sometimes its around 22 m. why is there so much variability when i spam left click? my charge rate is also about 84.

Because small variations in the time you are holding the button have a big effect on the percentage charge and therefore damage at high charge speed.

well, goign to put my input in this one

started the game with buying agoblin overlord's charge, didn't know about the damage/up and what not, gradually evolved and got myself a dowsing staff, didn't know about the crested yet, started doing insane boss rush, got my crested, liked it.. a lot...

beat the morrago dlc and got an oculus, i liked the pattern a lot

so started investigating, seemed the bloodshot/all-seeing staff do the same thing, but have better stats and ups

well, farming morrago wasn't my peice of cake since i didn't ave the stats so went on with nightmare HC boss rush and gradually got a better crested (now a 391 up on with 56k base) so yeah pretty nice, but it has issues... the spread.. couldn't stand flat in front of an ogre for my staff to hit all projectiles, since the apprentice is K.O. in 1 2 3

so i started looking into that bloodshot more and more, i upgraded a few trans ones, going to 15k-ish, but they couldn't beat my crested (in close range), so then i find out that some weapons' elemental damage scales with hero damage and the bloodshot/all-seeing are among them

SO started farming morrago with a friend, got myths and trans bloodshots and uppe them in ele damage, they went 144 per up, just like the crested (crested does 145 to be exact)

so now i have an ulti bloodshot with crazy hero stats (muuuuuuch better than my crested) and does 50k poising damage

since the jester dlc, i switched my apprentice dps to the jester and use the crested +the bloodshot

at first i primarily used the crested thinking it was all superior because it was flat out dmg, but more and more did i find that the crested killed slower than the bloodshot, at far distance targets i could only hit 2 projectiles where the bloodshot would hit all of 4 or 5

so, now.. i primarily use the bloodshot, and barely switch to the crested (maybe for a random resistant ogre or what not)

TL;DR : in pratice the 50k poisonous bloodshot turned out to be better than my 56k dmg crested

there's a thread i made about it, also has a (incomplete) list of ele damage scaling staves
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?78759-Alternatives-to-a-crested-elemental-damage-caling-on-staves

Cipher

I was happy as a clam with my pawn shot till I saw my friend using an Eagle Standard...there's no going back for me lol hardest part about it was learning the click to max out DPS shooting

• 1 month later...
Would this weapon be good for the Jester or any class? i droped it today on Boss rush. Insane. I am still level 76 with my jester and very far from equiping it xD

Would this weapon be good for the Jester or any class? i droped it today on Boss rush. Insane. I am still level 76 with my jester and very far from equiping it xD

That specific weapon has a low fire rate coupled with elemental only damage. You're better off using the reward from boss rush.

That specific weapon has a low fire rate coupled with elemental only damage. You're better off using the reward from boss rush.
Thanks o.o But ehm that was the reward from Boss rush as i said xD

I've been using a Shaitan + Pawn Shot for late Insane/early NM.

...I guess I should switch to Classics? Can I get a 200+ upgrade Myth from Boss Rush Insane HC?

And which one do I replace? I like both of my old ones but I guess Shaitan might be obsolete in later NM...