Sign in to follow this  
Cakester

Best DPS class?

So, in my journey to break into NMHC, I feel it is time for me to level a DPS class.

I did a bit of "homework" persay and noticed apprentice and monk being the two better classes as a ranged DPS. My question is which one would be a better decision in the long run. I'm more so leaning towards monk but the fact that I have a lvl 82 apprentice already is making me want to just level that due to me being lazy as hell ;-;

Opinions please.

imo monk > app ---- reson becuz monk has more health, pets damage scaling is highest among every class, and hero boost not only boosts your dps ( it boosts pet damge also) past what an app can, it also gives the damage bonus to teammates in the vicinity of your boost

ahhhh alright.

Didn't know about the whole pet thing until now.
Which pet would you recommend? A genie, fairy, or an actual dps pet such as a seahorse (if i can ever get one x.x)

seahorse. you can farm insane hc aquanos survival and still get a great one, it's pretty easy.

Was under the impression the only actually usuable ones (as in good enough to be worth it) would drop from NMHC.

I'll try insane HC aquanos when I get my monk to 74.

As i do glitter survival~

Question: for armor upgrades should i upgrade the hp/damage stats or resistances first? or do resistances generally come from the gear's base stats?

Was under the impression the only actually usuable ones (as in good enough to be worth it) would drop from NMHC.

I'll try insane HC aquanos when I get my monk to 74.

As i do glitter survival~

Question: for armor upgrades should i upgrade the hp/damage stats or resistances first? or do resistances generally come from the gear's base stats?

First time i got a seahorse was a trans quality from insane hc, 200 hero stats, hero abilities and tower stats all around 200 aswell (or nearby), with only 1 negative which is hero speed or casting, cant remember. Pet also brought 220 upgrades which is pretty awesome for insane, i still use it on my barbarian too and i have like 2 pages of NMHC seahorses ;)

EDIT: Go for monk, then barbarian/jester/squire for dps. Avoid huntress and apprentice, they are useless unless you want the towers from them.

100% Resists first

Increasing damage/health by 30-50 points can not even come close to being able to survive 3-4x as much damage. Also, with myth+ armours, every 10th upgrade (9->10, 19->20, etc.) you can put an extra point into resists that were previously "maxed" at 30%. You need 41% on each armour piece (or 164 total) to get 90% resists in NM. Focus those extra points into the generic resists first, as almost every attack you receive will have a generic component.

Those extra resist points make the total upgrades on DPS armour extremely important. A DPS character that has 90% resists (takes ~80 upgrades per amour piece) will survive 3.4x longer than someone with only 66% resists (ie. 30%/piece)

why not farm insane aquanos HC now, with a monk leveling up? if your builds can survive insane HC with a monk doing minimal contributions, you could be farming for that seahorse as well as getting your monk xp. hell, if you can use a xbox controller, you could afk the monk in a safe spot and actively do stuff with other chars in aquanos.

Never actually did Aquanos so I have no clue how to go about it.

I actually did it on medium but that's about it ;-;

Kept telling myself to do the shards maps on insane but kept postponing e.e

it depends on where you're at atm.

from the sounds of it, you shouldn't be farming seahorses just yet. a monk will dps far better with even a decent pet than your app would with a seahorse, so i'd make that your priority if you really want a dps class to help with breaking into NM more.

not sure a dps is necessary though. there's enough builds around here that if you get really solid builds for some maps, you can handle them well under what you'd expect and get some really great gear via survival. granted, you'd probably need a summoner, at which point i'd mention that i'd value a summoner as far more useful than a dps char for progression, outside of a few encounters.

I already have a summoner with myth gear.

I pretty much have every class at lvl 74 except barbarian.

Majority of them have 1-2 stats above 1k with my highest stat being 1.2k tdamage on my countess builder.

Everyone uses a monk, meaning that hero boost isn't too far away.

Don't go with the trend if you play with others. Use an Apprentice.

I am pulling 7mil dps in NM using a prop cat Apprentice combo. When boosted by a Monk, you can multiply that by at least 2.

(I can't use Seahorses because they are practically incompatible with Macs)

whatever you do, don't make a jester. better dps than a huntress, but terrible pet damage scaling. i let mine borrow my great (3.5k+) dps suit, and she only hits for 168k/bullet in NM. pretty lame.

edit: and my pawnshot has 90k base damage