Super adult skins are so SLOWWWWWWWWWWW and so HARDDDDDDDDDD to achieve

Unfortunately I will not be using these. I find speed to be much more useful than attack in NM since hero damage is severely gimped anyway. With this increased damage you might hit for 50k a swing instead of 49k *swoon*. The airship is just one of the areas where I can foresee moving in molasses being pretty annoying.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd love for my super legendary knight to be 40% stronger, 40% bulkier, and have no downsides.

Why is using bloodrage such a bad thing? It was made for making Squire faster. It drains mana because otherwise you have literally zero weaknesses.

I could understand maybe talking about a buff to a class like Huntress who has awful DPS without the skin, useless invisibility due to the sheer amount of DEWs on later stages, and barely beats Jester even with the skin (because he still has better pet and weapon scaling), but I really think the super legendary Squire is one of the most balanced things in DD. Just put some points into blood rage, it even boosts your damage, it's a good skill.

The downside we are talking about is a big one. Yeah rage mode is nice and all that but remember the fact that it drains mana and its not always the best choice to take if you want to run fast.

There are plenty of things that happens more often now with these skins, i get webbed so easily and get stuck so often in the middle of mobs that i end up getting raped to death, hero speed is a factor for a dps hero, what's the point of being a big piece of meat that easily gets ganged and killed on nightmare? If i want to tank stuff and be slow i have turtle stance on my barbarian thank you very much, i just don't like how slow these skins are, i have 2 of them and squire is just awfull.

The only dps i can seem to use on skycity boss now is barbarian, i'm using the tavernkeep skin, it's also slow but it has tornado which helps with the speed problems. My monk is too slow to get off the ship without getting caught by the pits most of the time, my squire is even more slower and i can't even imagine how awfull it would be with this guy really...

So basically i want to use the adult skins because i like them but the speed nerf on them is making me wanna switch back to the young versions, i think i would do better with those in most situations...

The downside we are talking about is a big one. Yeah rage mode is nice and all that but remember the fact that it drains mana and its not always the best choice to take if you want to run fast.

There are plenty of things that happens more often now with these skins, i get webbed so easily and get stuck so often in the middle of mobs that i end up getting raped to death, hero speed is a factor for a dps hero, what's the point of being a big piece of meat that easily gets ganged and killed on nightmare? If i want to tank stuff and be slow i have turtle stance on my barbarian thank you very much, i just don't like how slow these skins are, i have 2 of them and squire is just awfull.

The only dps i can seem to use on skycity boss now is barbarian, i'm using the tavernkeep skin, it's also slow but it has tornado which helps with the speed problems. My monk is too slow to get off the ship without getting caught by the pits most of the time, my squire is even more slower and i can't even imagine how awfull it would be with this guy really...

So basically i want to use the adult skins because i like them but the speed nerf on them is making me wanna switch back to the young versions, i think i would do better with those in most situations...

Gasp, there are actual downsides to counteract bonuses? The choices you're given ACTUALLY MATTER when you choose them? Not every single stage in the entire game can be beaten with a single character?

Stop the presses.

Gasp, there are actual downsides to counteract bonuses? The choices you're given ACTUALLY MATTER when you choose them? Not every single stage in the entire game can be beaten with a single character?

Stop the presses.

How about the downside being no towers allowed with those skins, EL OH EL.

Yes, let's buff these skins with more hp and dmg and in return we take like 50% or more of their speed. If they want us to use those skins for dps might aswell entirely remove towers and focus on hero stat buffs.

There's no point in buffing heroes in hp and dmg and take of their speed by a huge %. It will end up being the same thing as using other skins if that's the case you want to see.

So what do you prefer?

Btw, this clearly shows that you didn't see the clip. Or didn't understand the message, oh well...

Long before this we knew the game was already messed up with girls running faster than guys. That's not true to life.

Should we expect the adult heroes to be any different now?

True hey, I heard that Female sperm are slower than Male sperm.., Even sperm have phat arses :)

Ill admit I was super disappointed with the costumes. I would say that they either need to triple the damage done by the adults or make the speed at least close to the children. The squire costume feels like you are permanently spider-webbed, I honestly can't think of any situation where that would be good.

To be clear, I don't think the costumes have to be objectively better in all situations, only that the tradeoff is just not worth it.

How about the downside being no towers allowed with those skins, EL OH EL.

Yes, let's buff these skins with more hp and dmg and in return we take like 50% or more of their speed. If they want us to use those skins for dps might aswell entirely remove towers and focus on hero stat buffs.

It's funny because you keep going on about your turtle stance barbarian. You're just strawmanning here for no real purpose. They have the speed nerf already, and Squire's is countered by having blood rage. So basically Super Legendary Squire+blood rage is zero weaknesses unless you get webbed, which, you're webbed anyway, you can't complain.

There's no point in buffing heroes in hp and dmg and take of their speed by a huge %. It will end up being the same thing as using other skins if that's the case you want to see.
So what do you prefer?
Btw, this clearly shows that you didn't see the clip. Or didn't understand the message, oh well...

Except, if anything, your own clip is telling you exactly WHY they have nerfed speed. It's a tradeoff. Sure, Goku is all buffed up and stronger than Cell, but now he has to suffer from lowered speed, which is why he has to choose wisely between being stronger and his usual. It's almost as if you, the person posting the clip, doesn't get it. Either get the extra power (and almost 100% more HP) with the same attack rate and 20% lower speed when not using blood rage or use one of the 10 other Squire costumes.

Trendy would be morons to just buff the Legendary Knight's speed, keep that huge damage buff, huge HP survivability buff, and give you zero reason to ever even consider using anything else.

Except, if anything, your own clip is telling you exactly WHY they have nerfed speed. It's a tradeoff. Sure, Goku is all buffed up and stronger than Cell, but now he has to suffer from lowered speed, which is why he has to choose wisely between being stronger and his usual. It's almost as if you, the person posting the clip, doesn't get it. Either get the extra power (and almost 100% more HP) with the same attack rate and 20% lower speed when not using blood rage or use one of the 10 other Squire costumes.

Trendy would be morons to just buff the Legendary Knight's speed, keep that huge damage buff, huge HP survivability buff, and give you zero reason to ever even consider using anything else.

Lol, tradeoff? It basically the same crap, the only difference is that we get to choose speed over dmg and hp, the super skins lack speed and thats final no matter what you say. It should have been balanced more properly, hell i don't even care if hp was reduced to compensate that, but it is SLOW and last i checked being all powerfull and SLOW won't HELP with ANYTHING. If i want to be slow and have a huge hp bonus i'll go barbarian + turtle stance for that single purpose, now if i want to use squire, monk or any other original dps with one of the super skins i expect to not be considerably slow as hell, they are turning the characters more into tanks than dps that way and barbarian is for tanking purposes.

I have to agree tbh, these final rewards are rather undesired given their reduction in movement speed, they should be sought after for their damage increase with little or no downside, I've found myself with little desire to do CD NM for the skins knowing I would not use any of them due to this; such an end-game feat should have motivation

I love how every single person defending how they are currently has no rebuttal for the fact that they are currently the hardest thing in this game to acquire.
I have two of them, and getting them made me want to rip my hair out.

It's bad enough the map is hard but then we also have to factor in how much finding a half competent group without the forums sucks a big fatty on this game.

So yeah I think that the skins are entitled to be a little bit overpowered.
And since were going for the whole supposed "realism" of the trade off thing.
A. Your comparing a game to one of the most unrealistic shows of all time.
B. They are adults.. And each one excluding the grand magus seems to be pretty damn fit.

So they should technically be faster than the other skins as well.
BUT NOOOOO, people have to get their knickers in a bunch when someone requests one of the hardest things in the game to acquire doesn't suck more than a prostitute on saturday nights.

Secondly some suggested fixed values.

Super Legendary Huntress: 10% off of the original huntress speed value

Super Legendary Monk: 18 to 20% off the original monk speed value

Super Legendary Apprentice 15% off of the original apprentice speed value

Super Legendary Squire: 25 to 30% off the original squire speed value

Imho seems fair to me.
Accounting for their body size, physical fitness, role, and armor.

It just doesn't feel right, you can get the jetpack skins for the EV and hunter by unlocking insane achievements, which give the player a great advantage. (so a player who already has top notch gear for beating those hard challenges, gets rewarded by a better skin, who cares if they hit 20mil dps instead of 16mil dps, they own the endgame so what?)

(in fact if you unlock the EV with jetpack, why wouldnt you choose it?)

Look at my signature, I was thinking about accs that would improve the speed. (Rollerblades)

Speed is one thing I can never do without. Crushed me when I swapped into Legendary Mage and try to run around. Soul just completely crushed. Such a cool costume, but I can't use it because it takes me a few years to cross a map. I hear the Super ones are even slower? Yeah. I have absolutely no desire to beat Crystalline on NMHC now.

Speed is one thing I can never do without. Crushed me when I swapped into Legendary Mage and try to run around. Soul just completely crushed. Such a cool costume, but I can't use it because it takes me a few years to cross a map. I hear the Super ones are even slower? Yeah. I have absolutely no desire to beat Crystalline on NMHC now.

The only one of them I can tolerate is my Super Legendary huntress. She isn't "toooooo" slow.
If you play a huntress go for her skin.
With the way trendy buffed everyone but her she needs the damage. ;p

I completely agree with this thread.

I unlocked some of the regular adult heros just to try them and see how they were. Lets just say I switched back and I have no plans to use them again or to even bother getting the legendary skins.

The only thing I would possibly use legendary skin is for looking awesome in my AFK shop, other than that there is nothing until Trendy does something.

So, are we finding the conclusion? Can't we just have the speed buff already?
It is also a fact that CD NMHC is one of the hardest things to do, so the costumes should actually give you thrice the health, thrice the damage, 1.25x the speed of a Jester and x3 cast rate just to be worth it. Okay, yeah, maybe thrice the health/damage is a bit of an overestimation, but still...

I love my super legendary Huntress skin, however I too find it odd that her speed is lacking. Especially since Huntress is all about speed.

anyone who can complete CD NMHC has already basically done it all, so being OP after that point is ok imo

btw, what ARE the bonuses and whatnot for the costumes?

is there a link to what they are exactly?

I'm not so sure but the easy to obtain skins give 25% more hp and you loose some speed as a cost.

Super legendary ones are about 50% more hp if i'm not mistaking with like 20% more damage (this is a random value i only noticed a huge buff in hp really, damage isn't tthat much of a difference). All this at cost of like 50% of your speed which is retarded if you ask me. They force you to become slow and get a bit more dmg and hp for that.

If i wanted a freaking tank i would use barbarian, not a damn monk/squire/apprentice/huntress.

IMO, super legendary skins should be something like this:
Adult knight- highest hp buff, small damage buff, same speed and squire skin or 25% more or less, casting rate is same or 25% more or less.
Adult monk- mediocre hp and low damage buff, same speed or 25% more, same casting speed or 25% more.
Adult huntress- medium hp and high dmg buff, 25% more speed, 25% less casting rate
Adult magus- mediocre hp buff, very high damage buff, 25% more speed, 50%-75% casting speed nerf (would put it's overcharge ability to good use for once).

These are reasonable suggestions, they would even put other heroes to good use for once...

I'm not so sure but the easy to obtain skins give 25% more hp and you loose some speed as a cost.

Super legendary ones are about 50% more hp if i'm not mistaking with like 20% more damage (this is a random value i only noticed a huge buff in hp really, damage isn't tthat much of a difference). All this at cost of like 50% of your speed which is retarded if you ask me. They force you to become slow and get a bit more dmg and hp for that.

If i wanted a freaking tank i would use barbarian, not a damn monk/squire/apprentice/huntress.

Adult knight- highest hp buff, small damage buff, same speed and squire skin or 25% more or less, casting rate is same or 25% more or less.
Adult monk- mediocre hp and low damage buff, same speed or 25% more, same casting speed or 25% more.
Adult huntress- medium hp and high dmg buff, 25% more speed, 25% less casting rate
Adult magus- mediocre hp buff, very high damage buff, 25% more speed, 50%-75% casting speed nerf (would put it's overcharge ability to good use for once).

These are reasonable suggestions, they would even put other heroes to good use for once...

That sounds good. I honestly never use my SL Knight because of the speed, I mean, it just renders you useless in most situation, because you can't get anywhere quick enough.

I like this.. like.. a lot. TRENDDDDYYY

Why couldn't these costumes been this

Legandary: More HP, More ATK, Same speed.

Super: Higher HP, ATK, than legendary and Same speed

The difficulty in getting them means they should be worth it.

Ignore anyone who whined, its not like the default skins are bad and the legendary can be got on easy so casual are not SOL.

Those values were kinda random, never knew it would take this impact on people. O_o

But yeah they need more positive boosting, too dificult to achieve them and the boost vs nerf is totally garbage for a dps hero, which is what they are trying to get into with these skins it seems.